ICONic Boyz - Imagine If's

Nick Imagine If "Slipped in the Rain"

You’re walking home from school in the rain. You’ve had a really sucky day. You have piles of homework, and you have so many books to carry that you don’t have a free hand to hold your umbrella. As you walk down main street, you slip in a puddle! Your arms sprawl out to cushion your fall, making your books fly all over. When you finally land, you’ve scrapped your knee, but you’ll live. You look around you, to see if anyone saw you trip. You don’t see a soul. You sigh in relief and start to gather the books you dropped. As you reach for your science book, another hand grabs it at the same time. You look up and see it’s Nick! He smiles as you sit there, stunned. He helps you collect your books. You thank him and introduce yourself. He smiles and explains that he’s been sort of watching you walk home each day from his dad’s office building a bit down the street. You are totally flattered and as much as you want to stay, you really have to get home. You tell this to Nick, who says “Ok, I’ll help you carry your books home then.” Your heart skips a beat. Could he be any more of a doll? You start the long walk home, and you two talk about things that you usually don’t share about yourself. Finally, you walk up to your house. Nick hands you back your things and starts to say good bye. You thank him, but you just can’t get yourself to say good bye and go inside. You just drop your books right there and you two just stand there, kissing in the rain.