ICONic Boyz - Imagine If's

Mikey Imagine If "Library"

It’s Saturday afternoon, and you’re sitting at your kitchen counter, trying to get your massive homework assignment over with. It’s raining very heavily outside, although from the sounds of the raining hitting the roof you’d think it was hailing. The constant bangs distract you. You decide to take your homework to the library. You take what you need in your backpack and make a dash for the car. Considering that barely anyone bothered to leave their houses, you don’t hit any traffic and are at the library in 15 minutes. You gather your things and clumsily run along the walkway to the door. When you’re inside, you sigh in relief. You love this library. It’s over 100 years old, and the work on the building itself is so detailed and beautiful. You find a small, private table off in the corner and get started. It’s much easier to focus here, and you get your homework done in an hour, and you actually get it done well. Even though your school work is done, you don’t want to leave just yet. Leaving your backpack and coat at the table (so no one takes it) you go and hunt for a good book to get lost in. The weather outside puts you in the mood for a mystery, so you head over to that section. You pull out dozens of books, but none stand out to you. You spot a book you read for Literature class last year, one of the few books that you enjoyed reading in that class. The book was slanted between a row of other books and the end of the shelf, so when you take it there’s a square gap. In that gap you see the face of none other than Mikey! You’re stunned beyond words. “Hi, I’m Mikey” he says to you. You introduce yourself. “Good day for a mystery, huh?” he says, referring to the weather. You nod in agreement. You two get into a conversation about your favorite mysteries and other books, and about the old library and how you both love it so much. You spend a good half hour talking through the shelf. Mikey looks down for a moment. You assume he’s checking his phone. “I’ve got to get going, but I’ll… se you around?” he says with a hopeful look in his eyes. He slips a piece of paper with his number on it across the shelf. You smile and take it, saying you’ll call him later. You check out the mystery book and use the paper with his number on it as a bookmark, so you’ll always think about him and how you met over this book.