ICONic Boyz - Imagine If's

Nick Imagine If "Rollar Coaster"

You’re hanging with your friends at the local amusement park. Clear skies, smiles, laughter and good smells all around. You’re in such a good mood – until one of your friends suggests you go on the Hurricane – the biggest roller coaster in the park. You’re pretty good with going on rides, but you’re deathly afraid of going on this one. You try to talk your friends out of it, or even if just one could stay behind. Someone suggests you could just sit and watch them, maybe even take some pictures. You glance at the line – and it’s endless. You are so not waiting that long for them. As you stare at the line in distress, you suddenly notice a familiar face – is that… Nick Mara? From the ICONic Boyz?! Your jaw drops. It is him! You squeal and point, making all your friends look. They aren’t fans, but they know that you are a HUGE one. “Let’s do this” you say to them, walking over to the end of the line for the Hurricane. There are about 7 people between you and Nick. As the line slowly creeps along, you’re having a huge fan-girl moment. Finally, it’s your turn to get on the ride. You want to back out, but you take a deep breath and walk up the steps to the coaster. There’s an odd number of you and your friends, so one person has to sit alone. As you get closer, you see that Nick has no one sitting next to him. You’re friends give you a shove and start giggling, drawing Nick’s attention. He looks over at you and smiles. Your friends take their seats, and you’re left standing there on the platform by yourself. Nick smiles and gestures for you to come sit next to him. You’re weak in the knees and your heart is racing, but you walk towards him. “Be cool, be cool!” you lecture yourself. As you seat yourself next to him, Nick can’t take his eyes off of you. “Hi, I’m Nick. Are you are?” he asks. You introduce yourself. He opens his mouth to say something, but just then the roller coaster bar lowers to your lap and the wheels start turning. Your stomach drops and you have thoughts like “What did I just get myself into?” With shaky hands, you grasp the metal bar in front of you as you climb the hill. You’re almost at the top… getting closer… closer… you’re beyond afraid. You’re petrified. You’re hands hurt from grasping the bar so tightly, so you let go. The ride reaches the top of the hill, and just as it takes that brief pause, Nick slips his fingers into yours. You turn your head to him, stunned. He must have seen how frightened you were. You sit there, gazing at each other, like everything else in the world just stopped. Just so you two can have this moment. In the blink of an eye, the ride stops. You’re back where you started. You glance behind you up at the hill. “Did we really just go down that?” you think, shocked. You didn’t feel a thing.