Status: Updated regularly

Dark Rider

.03

Frowning in mock sadness, Rider sat A.J. off his leather clad knee, where he had been bouncing him in a joyous game of horsy and stood up to his full height, while holding A.J.’s tiny hand, “What? You don’t like your new home? I was sure that since you said Wonder City, that you’d like going to the High School, where the star basketball player Tommy Thomason goes,” his thick black eyelashes fluttered frantically as he chuckled under his breath. “I was doing you a favor there K.K. dear, I watched A.J. as you went to school. Didn’t you have fun?”

“A little bit of a warning would have been nice!” she shouted out in frustration as she threw her arms up and then back down to her sides. “I think I scared everyone in school, I freaked out looking for A.J.” she explained as she sat down on the park bench that Rider and A.J. once sat on, leaning her arms on her knees and her hands holding her aching head she sighed. “What are you, Rider? A normal person can’t just send someone into a city only real in a book.”

“First off, it wasn’t real, its called an illusion,” Rider smiled slightly as he helped A.J. up on the bench beside Kassie, then he took a seat himself beside her, he started off patting her head like a troubled puppy then turned to leaving her alone and putting his hands to himself. “I’m nothing you have ever seen before I’ll tell you that, Kassie. Dark Rider is my name as I told you before, but I am a Fallen Angel that sort of condemns the wicked, punishes the evil and sets the unfortunate on the path of good. Fallen Angels such as I are usually falsely accused of being evil, maybe because many do turn evil,” He shrugged his shoulders and waited for Kassie to comment back.

“I’m just plan confused, though now I know why it’s so weird now, I’m dreaming of a biker granting me helpful advice like the modern day angel, but your no David Boreanaz,” Kassie threw her arms to her side and sat back, her head resting on the bench back while she stared at the sky. “Your going to turn into something scary just because I’m dreaming aren’t you?”

“If you want me to, I will,” he shrugged his shoulders making the chains on his jacket make a clinging noise as he moved, as he spoke and moved to accommodate speaking with Kassie face to face. “And your completely right, it is the modern day angel, but actually it’s the dark gone wild version,” he winked and nodded his head towards the side, but stopped as he seen the look Kassie gave him. “It’s a joke.”

“Now is not a time for your jokes, especially ones that aren’t funny,” she murmured dryly as she stared at Rider with drowsy eyes. “Try not to be a moron, please tell me the truth. The teasing and joking is getting old. You seriously think I’ll believe your some Dark Angel that wears leather claps? I think not, I wasn’t born yesterday.”

“Close enough,” he grunted as he stood up and snapped his fingers, suddenly the sunny park turned into a dark room with a single light that seemed miles away, though Kassie tried not to panic. Her childhood fear of darkness creped back into her thoughts like a naughty word slipping in at church time, wrong place, wrong time. “Now, I tried to be nice to you and you still don’t believe me. So I will show you my not so nice side, this time listen.”

Kassie stood up as she still sat on the bench, or so it felt. Once she was on her feet she stuck her hands out and slowly walked the room feeling quite blind and most of all vulnerable. “I didn’t mean to not believe you and make you feel upset; you need to understand that this is really new to me. I’m seventeen and I’m supposed to believe angel’s and God are real when my whole life I’ve been told anything I can’t see I shouldn’t believe. Francis, I’m sorry can you please turn the lights back on or something, A.J. is scared of the dark.”

The sound of snapping pierced the silence as the darkness began to lighten and soon it was a dim lit bedroom fit for a young boy, it was very similar to A.J.’s room at their home in the real world, not the world she seemed to feel was turning more and more fictional by the moment. Coming into view like some beautiful Greek statue, Kassie was frozen in spot as she seen what looked like an older version of Rider. He smiled kindly before frowning over her shoulder; she turned quickly and spotted Rider in his chair with his arms held out in a “I Didn’t Do It” gesture before he gestured accusingly towards Kassie with a glare. “She said it, I didn’t.”

“I said what?” Kassie was slightly confused as she turned back around to face the angel who seemed slightly perturbed by the blatant hand off excuse used by Rider. He sighed heavily and turned towards the bed, Kassie mimicked him and spotted A.J. sleeping soundly curled up against the white and red covered pillow.

“You know he was asleep through the dark shenanigan,” the man’s voice was certainly beautiful with its thick manly voice that sounded like velvet in the quiet bedroom; he fixed his dark molasses colored eyes on Kassie with a smirk slowly shading across his lips. “He isn’t scared of the dark, nice try.”

She shrugged innocently as she forced her eyes away from his to stare at A.J. then back when she realized she could speak without sounding like a bubbling teenage hormone driven girl. “Who are you?” she questioned as she looked him up and down, taking in his white three piece suit along with his midnight black hair, mustache and beard.

“Who do you think I am?” he questioned as he took a seat at the end of the bed, crossing his legs in a womanly stance that he made look very masculine just because he did it. He seemed intensely interested in finding out who she thought he was, like he expected her to never guess.

“Chris Cringle? I don’t know,” she shrugged her shoulders as she looked back at Rider, who patted the seat next to him with his lips pouting in a childish way. As if that was his apology or revenge. She took it as apology and sat down beside him as she stared at the dressed in white man.

“No,” the man chuckled as he leaned his head against the baseboard of the bed, he leaned back with a comfortable sigh and looked around the room unenthusiastically, “You said you didn’t believe in Angel’s or God am I correct?” she nodded her head and he took his cue to continue on to his point. “There are many ways to look at religion, its quiet amusing if you sit back and watch; honestly I get a laugh every time I watch late night shows. If you have heard of God, then you have heard of his fallen angel and the devil himself Satan,” She nodded again with a confused stare piercing him like a sharp needle. “I am him, though I honestly get a bad wrap. I don’t kill or torture for fun. I have reasons; just like God himself has reasons for doing what he does.”

“You expect me to believe this?” Kassie snorted lowly as she glanced from man to man. “So what’s your name? Diablo? Satan? Lucy? DeVille?”

“She’s funny,” he pointed to Kassie as he looked at Rider with a blank look on his face, “Alright let me put this simple. Not many know this because everyone turns it differently; they have to make people scared somehow. I’m not evil, I can be evil, I do control evil. But I am not someone that is evil in general, I’m actually pretty nice. The reason I fell from heaven is because I said the big man’s name out loud. He has a strict no speaking policy about those kinds of things,” He shrugged his shoulders and sighed heavily. “I should have known better, I agree. But I can’t turn back time, granted it’s the only thing I can’t do—I still can’t. So now instead of trying to show God that I made a mistake, he knows but I also know my punishment, banishment forever. Everything has order whether you know it or not, and Heaven is pretty heavily ruled, he’s awesome at it too. So when I fell, sorry for getting off subject,” he flipped his wrist at Kassie, who nodded and urged him to go on. “When I fell, I figured I might as well do something while I’m down here on earth, I should subdue the evil and make those who are a little over the level of pure hatred and evilness know there are boundaries. That God made this place for a reason and its not to be destroyed by something he can’t control, I was thrown that wonderful—gift.”

Kassie watched as he rolled his eyes and stood up in front of the bed, “So you’re the devil and you’re not evil? What the hell? Pardon my pun, but I know I don’t smoke anything that would give me side effects that are bad, bad dreams. Either I’m in a night terror or this is real and I’m in a weird situation.”

Shrugging innocently as he walked closer to Kassie, trying to comfort her panic, the Devil himself lowered to kneel before her. “I understand its hard to take in, let me explain some more and you might get I’m not all that bad—not saying that you should worship me because that’s taking away from God, but you shouldn’t fear me, fear the power in yourself and others. Hell is on earth, its been made to see if you can pass life like a level in a video game, if you lose your life before you pass the level you are to do over and burn in hell with me for the reminder of your lifespan, if you succeed and win you get to live with God in his heaven, which is the best thing you’ll ever have. I’m one to boast because I lived it once, but I lost it. Your father is going to restart his life and try to win his pass to everlasting life in those pearly gates because his life where you were concerned was nothing but hatred within himself and he took it out on you and your family. Until he gets it right, he’s stuck. As for you, I sent Atrum to place you somewhere where you could live happily until you reach your level complete. But apparently he couldn’t even do that right, always got to be the smart one.”

Rider grunted at the glare the Devil sent him and huffed under his breath. “She freaked out, what was I supposed to do. Plus, she picked her spot.”

“A book illusion is not the jurisdiction, I meant earth,” the Devil’s tone was sarcastic as he looked back at Kassie. “Now that you are here, and that I have had to come down here and help this dummy out of a grave he dug. Where would you like to live?”

“I don’t know, you got me kind of scared of earth all together now, and you’re kind of freaking me out to be perfectly honest,” Kassie stated honestly as she leaned back in her seat. “Everything I hadn’t believed in I now somewhat believe. God is real and you aren’t this mean bastard that kills people mercilessly and you actually admit to your wrongdoings and everything. It’s hard to take in, in what? Ten minutes.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Rider

Character info updated.

P.S. don't get mad at the religious references, its just a story.