The Home

Chapter 2: Future

Sorvius thought to himself about the journal, and wondered if what he found had been real. Was there really life before ours? Was there really such an event in their society? Then he inquired to himself, what is our society's politics leading to? What if our society ends like that of the past?
As a politician, Sorvius believed that such a fate was quite far from impossible. In fact, he believed that our world would soon suffer a similar end... Unless something was done about it.
Sorvius was a well driven man with a small following already built to help him get his point across. His only weakness was the inability to set his mind on something. In this way he was childish. Even though he was not sure to believe what he had found was real, he had a feeling that it would help the world. That it would keep our fair society alive for years to come. He had to investigate the journal.
After a long night of reading and noting, he found that the bunker had been there since before human society, towards the end of that of the past, and what he had found was the journal of a man who helped end the world, left to perish alone as the last survivor. Perhaps it was karma that gave him that time alone, so alone that it put him on the verge of insanity. He had brought more uncomfort on the world that it had on him. Did he deserve his horrid fate? Was it proper punishment? The lost society could never be brought back.
Now today's leaders were seemingly angry, and with what Sorvius knew, they seemed like they were making preparations for war. Preparations who's outcome could end so many lives far too quickly. Futures of so many great members of society, those that are innocent, and those not, lost. Sorvius read so much about the old society's end, and he felt that his own society's future seemed too familiar.
Sorvius was not fond of his demise, not fond at all, yet he had read the questions and pondered why he was placed into exhistance. In the gist of the universe, earth is a mere speck of blue beyond the horizon. A single human such as him invisible to even the eye of a telescope. He asked himself "What if we all cease to exist? What are we here to accomplish?" Then he thought to himself of how wonderful life had been for him, and he knew that he didn't need a reason. He wanted everyone else to live, he wanted the human race to continue, not because it meant something greater, not because they hadn't accomplished their "goal" but because without the human race the universe would lose love, hope, and joy.
Now Sorvius needed to set his mind to his decision, which he knew would not be easy for him. After a few minutes of brainstorming Sorvius decided to present his findings to a small group of his peers. He mailed out the invitations and set up the meeting room.
This little meeting could ultimately change the fate of the world. Earth, the one place we can survive, saved by a single man. This unbelievable man is the only one to know it's fate, to care about saving It. The only one to stop It from being destroyed as the one past. The meeting had started off a bit differently then Sorvius had thought it would. His peers were skeptical about even the idea of the war, let alone the society we mirrored or the fate they faced, but Sorvius was convinced, and for once in his life he finally set his mind on something, he had found something to devote his life work towards. A reason to wont, a reason to want, a reason to desire, life.
Sorvius would not give up until the group felt the same. He showed them the journal, and brought them to the abandoned bunker, where there was even more evidence of the society. After a few minutes of being in the room one man, Bradom, the strongest disbeliever of Sorvius' ideas, found the very spot Helios Barecker the III curled up to die. The bones of the man were very much like a human, but had several noticeable differences. Brandom then lost consciousness slamming down on the floor next to the corpse. Sorvius and the others, after hearing the crash, rushed over to see what had happened. Even Sorvius himself found it hard to grip... It sparked the question, Where were the the other bodies? The journal told the truth, everything was destroyed, even the last little trace of the race, but this remained.
Once Brandom awoke he knew what was the truth. In fact, the realization had him shocked. The man could not keep himself from speaking to Sorvius, "I cannot see reality! It's true, and I am too scared to believe it! No, it can't be real" Sorvius spoke softly "My friend what you have seen was quite far from an illusion, and history commonly repeats, but we must not allow it." Brandom's eyes widened in awe and he whispered "we must save the fate of our world..." The group had all been speaking amongst each other, but they all heard the conversation, and were struck with a sort of fear. The air was thick with the thoughts of those scholors.
A week later the group met again after a broadcast was made by the Stargian government. The broadcast informed the public about their most recent intel, their sources reported Clousian spies on their soil. While discussing the validity of the intel, the Clousian government sent out a broadcast to their people accusing the Starians of sending in an attack force to the Clousian military command center to try to take over their government. It became apparent to Sorvius that both governments were recieving intel forged by the two crooked politicians Hustion Garstler, and Fankio Yarfindle. The two men who's anger could manipulate more than just themselves.
These men wanted war, but war does not ever accomplish any good, it accomplishes death, it accomplishes war. Sorvius and his friends were aware of the conflict, and the world depended on them to stop it. "These men do not know what is good for the world" Sorvius said "they only know and want what is good for them... Or bad for their rivals." Brandom couldn't agree any more, and he had a plan to save the public. "We must tell them, tell everyone what is happening to our world." lectured Brandom, "Our Earth is far too valuable for a few bozo politicians to cause it's destruction!"