Status: Work in progress - Updates will occur every weekend at the minimum

Seren

Chapter Two

“Thank you so much for helping out with the cataloguing Seren” Lily called out to the young woman who was seated on the floor, surrounded by various tomes.

“Think nothing of it” Seren said to the older woman seated at a desk. “I’m very happy to help.”

“You’re truly a treasure” Lily replied.

Seren smiled at her and continued listing down the titles of the books in front of her. She and Lily made good progress with their inventory. They already had a sizeable part of the collection catalogued and it was only approaching noon.

The two women’s scribbling was interrupted by soft footsteps entering the library. Seren looked up to see who the new visitor was. Her breath stopped for a second when she saw the handsome visage of Prince Charles’ eldest son.

Ever since Seren was a little girl she had the biggest crush on William. Blonde, good looking with a shy smile, she saw him as the epitome of the princes in her storybooks, come to life.

“Good morning ladies” the prince greeted them when he came into view.

Lily and Seren both stood up and returned William’s greeting. Seren’s good morning came out slightly out of breath.

William smiled at the two of them “I’m looking for that book on African geography, have you seen it?” he enquired.

Seren quickly picked up one of the heavy books on her inventory stack and gave it to William. “Here you go” she said shyly.

“Thank you” William replied.

“Is there anything else you need Wills?” Lily inquired.

“No, this it, thanks once again” he said and then turned around to leave.

Seren’s longing gaze followed William’s retreating back. Once he was gone she sighed quietly. Lily gave the younger woman a knowing look and slowly shook her head. “Don’t tell me you’re still mad about that one” she chuckled softly.

“He’s so kind and so handsome” Seren said wistfully. “And so regal, who wouldn’t fall in love with him?”

Lily’s soft chuckle evolved into a full blow laugh at Seren’s statement. “Oh Seren, you’re 18, what do you know about love?”

Seren looked at Lily sheepishly and shrugged her shoulders. Seren had never been kissed and had never had a boy court her. Growing up as a chauffeur’s daughter in Clarence house didn’t afford her much interaction with boys her age. And though she went to a public school nearby, she had always been a loner. Her shy nature didn’t lead to very many friends or acquaintances. Her friends were her father’s fellow servants. The only one close to her age that she could consider a good friend was William’s younger brother, Harry. Gregarious and fun loving, the younger prince got along well with Seren. His boisterous personality made him approachable, and thus he made friends easily with people from all walks of life.

Lily chuckled once more “It’s almost noon Seren, why don’t you head off for some lunch. I’ll tidy up a bit here and join you shortly.”

“Alright” Seren replied and headed off to eat.

She hummed to herself as she walked towards the kitchen. Her thoughts occupied by the handsome William. He was considerably older than her and seemed to only see her as a little girl, despite the fact that she was already 18. He was always kind and polite to her, but he was also distant. She was jolted out of her musings when a hard male body collided into her.

“Ooof” Seren said pin wheeling her arms to regain balance. Strong hands promptly grabbed her shoulders.

“Seren! I am sooo sorry, are you hurt?” a deep, hoarse voice said to her. She looked up at the voice’s owner and saw crystal blue eyes staring back at her.

“Harry” Seren answered “you’re up.” She looked at his still damp red hair. He was wearing a freshly ironed long sleeved linen shirt tucked into jeans.

“Yeah, had a late night” he chuckled. Satisfied that she wasn’t going to topple over, he took his hands off her shoulders and stuffed them in the front pockets of his faded jeans. “You okay?” he queried once more, a worried look on his face.

“Yeah I’m fine” she replied with a smile “No need to worry yourself over little ole’ me.”

Harry let out a throaty laugh. “I always worry about you; you’re my favorite girl in the entire world Seren”

Seren laughed at his pronouncements. “Oh Harry, you say that to all the girls” she giggled.

Harry placed his hands over his heart and tilted his head to the side in a mockingly wounded gesture. “You slay me Seren, I swear you do.”

They both laughed at Harry’s antics. Smiling warmly at Seren, Harry continued “So where’re you off too?”

“The kitchen, I’m about to get some lunch”

“Lovely, I’m famished” the ginger haired prince replied. “Why don’t I join you?” he said, as he offered his arm to Seren.

“Certainly” Seren smiled at Harry and took his arm. The two of them headed off to the kitchen for a spot of lunch.
♠ ♠ ♠
I've never met Prince Harry, or any of the royals for that matter. But from what I've read in articles about him, I imagine that he has quite a warm, bubbly, approachable personality.