We Must Be Careful Who We Pretend To Be

Different Story, Same Ending

When I got to the house, I let myself in. Will was sitting on the couch, still in his tux. I sat down next to him.

"Abigail, what did I do?"

"I don't know, babe. What did you do?"

Will turned and buried his face in my shoulder. I put my arms around him and stroked his hair.

"Oh, Will"

"I couldn't do it. I was only marrying her because I felt obligated. I asked her, I felt like I had to. But, I knew it was wrong. I only got together with her because I was lonely. She was so wrong for me."

"Will, it's ok. At least you realized it before it was too late."

"But, it's not ok, what I did to her."

"Baby, I know."

"I got in too far. I should have listened to her when she tried to let me go. I just didn't want another failed engagement."

"Hind sight is 20-20. You can't change the past."

I cradled Will in my arms.

"Abigail, I love you," he croaked.

I smiled softly. "I love you too, Will."

He looked up at me. "Do you mean it?"

"Of course I do. Will, you need to go change. Take a shower, I'll make you some dinner. You haven't eaten, have you?"

"Wait…"

"Will, we'll talk later. I'm here to take care of you," I said, truly concerned about him.

"What would I do without you?"

"Probably have an easier life," I smiled, "now go change."

Will hesitated, but got up and went into his bedroom. I went into the kitchen and made him some food. I hummed softly to myself, moving about the kitchen. Will came in, hair wet, wearing basketball shorts and a tank top. He sat down at the table and I put a plate in front of him. He scarfed the food down in silence. I watched him eat.

"Feeling better?" I asked him.

"Yeah. Abigail, how am I going to face her?

"With strength and dignity. Give it some time, ok? Don't rush into it."

"What time is it?"

"1 am."

"I'm tired."

"Then go to bed."

He took my hand in his.

"Stay the night."

"WilI, Idon't think it's a good idea."

I kept thinking about Adam and how disappointed he'd be.

"If you don't stay, I might hurt myself."

"Oh, stop it. You would never kill yourself. That's so not you."

"Ok, so I just want you to stay."

I stood up and headed towards his bedroom.

"Are you coming?"

He stood up and stretched like a cat. Then, he followed me. I pulled back the covers on his bed and started to get in.

"Come on, you can borrow something to sleep in," he said, digging through his drawers.
He pulled out a pair of boxers and a t-shirt. I smiled appreciatively and changed in the bathroom. I came back and slid next to him. He pulled at my arm until I rested my head on his shoulder. His arms wrapped around me and I breathed in his familiar scent. It made me queasy, but in a good way. Again, I asked myself, "What the hell are you doing, Abby?"
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks for all the comments guys! I'm so glad you like it!