We Must Be Careful Who We Pretend To Be

I'm Not a Recluse Yet

"Abby, get ready, I've got some concert tickets," Ellie cried, disrupting me from my best friend, work.

"I'm not going to see anything you picked out. No way."

"Are you sure? They're Cursive tickets."

I stopped what I was doing. "What? You bought Cursive tickets?"

"I thought you needed to get out. We're here on vacation and all you're doing is work."

My heart melted and I smiled. "Best friend, you rock."

The doorbell rang.

"Grab your shit and let's go," she ordered.

So, I grabbed my bag and headed down the stairs. I stopped short when I saw Will standing there. He ran his hand through his curly hair, pushing it out of his face. Then, he flashed me that smile. I didn't quite know how to react. Ellie was hugging Rob and kissing him. Wait, kissing him?

"Ellie? Have I been that out of it over the last few days?"

"Come on, Cavegirl, everyone needs to get outside every now and then, or are you turning into Salinger?" Will snipped with that wicked grin of his.

"Don't be snarky, vampire boy, I'm not a recluse yet," I replied, giving him a dirty look.

He looked upset for two seconds before he reacted, cracking up.

"Snarky? What the hell is snarky?"

"Snarky is one of Abby's words. It means mouthy or sarcastic," Ellie explained.

"I have lots of favorite words," I said proudly.

"Come on walking dictionary," Will said, grabbing my arm.

"No, wait, Rob, Ellie? What is going on?"

"She finally gave in!" Rob said with a grin.

"You can be very persuasive," Ellie smiled back.

"Come on, they can explain in the car."

So, I allowed myself to be pulled off by Will. Ellie and Rob slid into the back seat and I slid into the passenger seat. Will slid in next to me.

"So, let me guess, Ellie didn't get these tickets, you did," I said to Will.

He blushed a little.

"Of course. You think Ellie had ever heard of Cursive?"

"Only in the third grade," I laughed.

"Hey!" Ellie cried.

"So…Ellie? Rob?" I asked again.

"Well, Rob's been in love with me forever and I finally realized what a great guy he is," Ellie said simply.

"You know you've always loved me," he retorted with a smile.

So, they made out in the back seat while I sat uneasily with Will. He gave me a sideways smile.

"Sorry for being such an ass the other day. Ellie told me you were sitting outside of the house for an hour."

"I told you it was cold you ass! No, seriously, it's ok. Ellie pushed you and it was uncomfortable."

"She told you, didn't she," he murmured.

"Ummm"

"It's ok. It's all in the past. It's probably time for me to grow up and move on."

"You do what you need to, Will."

"Have I told you that you are incredible?"

"No, tell me."

"You're incredible."

Will was a flirting machine at the concert. I almost wish Ellie hadn't told me about him. He was sarcastic, smart, and incredibly attractive. To be honest, Will was everything I looked for in a man, except he lives across the country.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey! Please comment!