We Must Be Careful Who We Pretend To Be

Spit on a Stranger

"You know you're putting on a dress tonight, right?" Ellie called through the bathroom door.

I was standing there in front of the mirror smoothing my dress. It was a black and white skull print halter dress. I put on my black cardigan. I had styled my hair with waves in the front and a long ponytail that I had curled. I felt incredibly awkward. I'm not much of a dress kind of person. I opened the door and walked out. Ellie looked fabulous in a dark sapphire blue clingy dress.

"I feel like a horse."

"You look great girly. So, are you going to hook up with my brother tonight?"

"What!? No, Ellie," I said shocked. "He lives all the way across the country. Why should I?"

"Because you two are totally attracted to each other."

"Well, you can't hook up with everyone you're attracted to, Ellie. Otherwise I'd be a whore."

"Better than a nun!" she cried.

"Shut up, bitch. Are we ready?"

"I can't believe we're actually going to be there early!" she cried.
And we did get there early. We walked into the building which had been gorgeously decorated. There were candles, music, a dance floor, expensive flower arrangements. Someone came up behind me and they put their hands over my eyes.

"Hey! My make-up! I cried.

"You don't need it."

"Will!" I laughed, turning around and poking him in the stomach.

I almost gasped at the sight of Will in a suit.
"You look really good, Will."

"Yeah, I clean up nice," he boasted. "So do you, Abigail."

"Why thank you."

The guests were beginning to arrive, sitting at the table and talking. Then, the guests of honor arrived, everyone applauding. We all ate a nice dinner. Will had the caterers make food just for the two of us so we could actually eat the meal. Will stood up to make a toast.

"Can I have your attention. It's hard to believe my parent's are turning 60. They never seemed that old to me. Even more amazing, they have been married for 35 years. As I grew up, I watched their love grow and get stronger every day. Mom, Dad, I can only hope that Ellie and I will be lucky enough to find the kind of love that you two share. Congratulations!"

He looked at me and smiled. They got up and danced to their wedding song. Then, the dancing began. Will stared at me.

"Would you like to dance?" he asked, holding his hand out.

I blushed and took his hand.
"I would love to."

He led me down to the dance floor. My knees felt weak as his arms went around my waist, pulling me close to him. I snaked my arms around his neck and laid my head on his shoulder.

"So," he murmured in my ear, "You're leaving tomorrow?"

"Yes, I could only get a week off work. They keep me busy."

"It's weird, it seems like you've always been here. I have to admit, I'm really going to miss you."

I pulled back a little and looked into his eyes. "Well, I'm only a flight away. We could always take turns and hang out more. I kind of feel like I've always known you. Maybe because we're so much alike."

"We should. I could always come out during my spring break."

"I'd like that. You know, I've got 4 Radiohead tickets for the show in Mountainview. It should be during your spring break time."

"Are you serious? Now I'm definitely coming to visit. I'm sure Rob will come too."

"It's a date then."

When I realized what I had said, I blushed.

"It's a date."
♠ ♠ ♠
Comments puhlease ;)