We Must Be Careful Who We Pretend To Be

Goodbye Hello

"Well, I'll see you later," Will said with a smile.

We were at the airport where Will and Rob were dropping Ellie and I off. Will put his arms around me, pulling me close. The feel of his body pressed on mine made me queasy. I could feel his heart beating a mile a minute. He loosened his grip and looked down at me. His face was inches from mine. I thought he was going to kiss me. So, I pulled away quickly.

Don't get me wrong, I like Will...a lot. But, if he hasn't had a girlfriend for a very long time, he doesn't need one all the way across the country. He gave me a sad look, as if he understood. So, I peeled Ellie off of Rob.

"Bye," I said softly.

"I'll see you in a couple months," Will smiled.

With that, I dragged Ellie away in tears. We boarded the plane and I handed her a tissue. She sniffed.

"Did you and Will kiss?"

"No."

"Why not!"

"Ellie, your brother is an incredible man. He deserves someone better that me. He needs more than I can give. "

"You stupid bitch!"

"Hey!" I said, a little offended.

"He needs and deserves you. Even more, he wants you."

"Que sera sera. Whatever will be, will be," I snipped.

"Oh, you two will be, just wait."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ellie and I stood excitedly in the baggage claim waiting. It had been two months since she had seen Rob and I had seen Will. Will and I had spent a lot of time on the phone. Nothing romantic had been said, but I still was excited to see him. He was quickly becoming my closest friend. He was the male version of me. I don't know what was growing, but Will and I both were being cautious. I was still in my own thoughts when Ellie squealed, quickly shocking me out of my daydream.

I saw Will sauntering over to me. He smiled at me and I had to hold back from pulling an Ellie. I wanted to launch myself at him, throw my arms around him and kiss him. Wait? Kiss him?

"Hello, Abigail," he said in his usual superior tone with that smirk.

That's what I loved about Will. He always came off as elitist, but deep down, he was the most caring and sensitive guy. His persona radiates sex appeal, at least to me.

"William, so good to see you."

I gave him a casual hug. He didn't let go.

"So, where are you staying?" I asked.

Will gave Ellie a look. She blushed and looked rather flustered.

"Umm, Abby, I kind of forgot to tell you, they're staying with us."

"How ya doing roomie?" Will snipped, putting his arm around me.

"Fine, there's a couch with your name on it," I said wickedly.

"Ah, come on Abigail, I'm too tall to sleep on a couch."

"Then I guess you're in for an uncomfortable week."

Will tickled me on the side. "Oh, come on. You know you've been dying to share a bed with me."

"Nope, I'm a bed hog, I need my own space."

I could see Ellie and Rob standing back watching the banter between Will and I.

"Why don't you two get over it and fuck all ready?" Rob announced.

"Rob!" Ellie cried, smacking him in the arm.

"Because I don't like pasty East Coast boys."

"Hey!" Will said, feigning insult, "I'm not pasty, I'm hot. All the girls want me."

I lifted up his shirt to reveal his flat stomach. "Pasty, babe, white as snow."

"You just wanted to look at my body!" he laughed.

"Oh my god!" Ellie sighed, "Can we go all ready?"

"Fine. But, Will, you need to get a tan."

"Anything you say, honey."

We walked out to Ellie's car and piled in. Will kept his arm around me, even inside the car. I settled comfortably into the crook of his arm. I could see Ellie peeking at me in the rearview mirror. We drove to a fancy Italian restaurant. The valet took the car away and we walked into the restaurant. It was dim and romantic. I ordered a glass of wine and sat back watching Rob and Ellie with a smile. I didn't see Will watching me. I turned and looked at him. He smiled softly.

"It really is good to be here," Will said. "I missed you, Abigail."

"You barely even know me!" I smiled.

Will got serious for a moment. "That's not true and you know it. There's some kind of connection."

"Of course. I am glad you're here."

The food came and we all ate. I could feel Will's eyes on me. He was right, we were connected. It was just difficult to admit it. I felt it was a moot point loving Will. He lived too far away. So, we were to be friends. I probably drank a little too much. I was feeling pretty good by the time we got home.

"Well, it is late, and I feel drunk. I'm going to bed. Will are you coming?"

His eyes widened. "I thought I was sleeping on the couch."

"Come on, take advantage of me being liquored up. You get to sleep in a bed, just don't try anything."

"I'm going to catch up with Ellie, is it ok if I come in later."

"That's fine, just don't wake me up."

"Yeah, she's a real bitch if you wake her up!" Ellie exclaimed.

"Good night!"

I went into my room and changed into my pajamas, rolled into bed and passed out.
♠ ♠ ♠
As if anyone's reading...
Leave a comment please!!