We Must Be Careful Who We Pretend To Be

Beantown

I was even more confused by the time Will left. We were like a couple without the physical relationship. I was actually happy to send him back to Boston. I was getting tired of playing house. I didn't say anything about how I felt. I was comfortable in the friend zone. But, strangely, after knowing Will for over 2 months now, we still weren't in the friend zone. It was all new to me and I didn't know what to do.

I had to go out there, I promised him and I always keep my promises. I value integrity and honesty too much to not show it myself. The whole visit had been filled with awkward moments. I don't know why neither of us gave in.

After he left, I did what I do best, worked. We talked on the phone almost every night. It was almost like a "Honey, how was your day" conversation." Nothing could prepare me for what was to come next.

I flew out with Ellie to Boston in July. Will's face lit up when he saw me.

"Abigail! It's so good to see you."

"Will!" I cried, throwing my arms around him.

Ellie smiled smugly. She just didn't understand why we weren't together. Rob was at work, so she was the third wheel. And it is hard to be the third wheel with Will and I, we talk so much and so fast, it's hard to get a word in edgewise. She went over to the luggage carousel to wait for her suitcase.

"So, how was your flight?"

"God, terrible. Ellie and I got stuck in the same row as this really smelly guy. I think I need a shower."

"Yeah, you smell."

I rolled my eyes.

"Like flowers."

He just laughed as I pulled my suitcase off the carousel. He grabbed Ellie's and began to roll them out to the car. Ellie came up on my side.

"So, are you going to tell him?" she whispered, "Because if you don't, I will."

"Yes, I'm going to tell him. When I get the chance."

"What are you girls whispering about?" he asked.

"Oh, just about your sweet ass," I quipped.

"It is, isn't it," he smirked.

"Almost as sweet as Abby's," Ellie spoke up.

Will stopped and forced me to turn around.
"Yeah, almost."

"Come on Will, you know what Abby's ass looks like. I've caught you checking it out too many times," Ellie smiled. For a moment, Will turned red. "Don't worry Will, I've seen her check out yours too."

Then, it was my turn to blush.

"Can we just go?" I said, embarrassed.

"Brilliant idea," Will said. "Ellie, am I dropping you off at Rob's?"

"You know it," she replied.

"Ellie's gonna get some booty," I sang.

"Hell yes I am!"

"Ugh, this is my little sister, shut up!" Will cried.

"Why, it doesn't bother me to know that you're having sex with my best friend," she said with a shrug.

"Ellie!" I exclaimed. "We're not,"

"I know, you're not having sex," she interrupted. "You should. You two are both way to uptight."

Will sat in the front, straight-faced. I could tell he was uncomfortable with the subject.

"Ok, Ellie, enough," I said.

"Oh, am I making Willie uncomfortable?"

"Ellie stop!" I cried.

Will just ignored her and continued to not speak. Great, he's going to be in a mood and I'm staying with him. He dropped Ellie off by Rob's place and continued to his. He had a beautiful Cap Cod style 3 bedroom 1 bath. It was decorated in typical Will style: bachelor. Everything was thrown together and it looked almost like a college dorm room.

"So, where am I sleeping?" I asked.

"With me, where else?" Will said.

I gave him a look and he just laughed.

"I'm just kidding! I have a guest room. You can sleep in there."

"Good, I don't have to listen to you snore."

"And I don't have to worry about you groping me in your sleep."

"I didn't do that," I denied.

"Deny it all you want, babe. But, you've felt up my junk."

"I have not!" I cried, horrified. I started to get really upset. Will noticed.

"Ok, you didn't. I was just fucking with you."

I smacked him in the arm. "I think I'd remember that," I said suggestively.

He stepped a little closer to me, looking into my eyes.

"I know I'd never forget it."

I laughed nervously and cleared my throat.

"Where's the bathroom?"

"First door on your right."

I shut myself in the bathroom, glad for the air. I was feeling a little suffocated. What do I do? Tell him? Hold back? I just sat in there for a moment. Evidentially it was a long moment because Will began knocking on the door.

"Abigail, are you ok?"

I took a deep breath and opened the door.

"Yeah, I'm fine."

"I thought you fell in."

"Nah, my parent's did a good job potty training me."

"Do you want to watch a movie?"

"Sure."

So, we watched a movie. It didn't take long for me to get sleepy. The airplane ride had exhausted me. I woke up snuggled against Will. He was just sitting there, watching the movie.

"Oh god, I didn't drool, did I?" I murmured, touching my mouth.

"No," Will grinned.

"I think I'm going to go to sleep."

"I don't blame you. You fell asleep within 5 minutes of the movie starting."

"So sleepy."

"Well, good night," Will said, kissing me on the forehead.

I smiled and went to the bedroom. I couldn't stop thinking about what was going on. I had to tell him. I don't think that I could go on with what was happening.
♠ ♠ ♠
please please comments!!!