Status: Complete

That Day

Special day

They had been together for not even a year but she was sure this was her soul mate. She was ready to start a new life together with her bride. They were both young but mature. They knew what they wanted and now they were about to get it. “You look beautiful,” her friends told her. They pulled her long dark hair up in an intricate bun on top of her head. Her white dress flowed perfectly around her and she felt like a princess. This was her day. Her whole family was waiting. It was time to go on.

“Is my bride here yet?” she asked, eager to see her lover dressed up just for her.

“I’ll go see,” her friends in their bridesmaid dresses and high heels run down the halls as fast as their feet will carry them.

It took twenty minutes before one of them returned. She had been getting worried but now she was relieved to see her friend. She sat up in her chair and smiled. “Is she here?”

“Honey, something terrible has happened,” her friend frowned.

A million thoughts ran through her head at once. Was her bride leaving her on their special day? “What is it?”

“She was in a car accident. She’s gone honey. She died on impact.”

“What?” This had to be some kind of horrible joke. It couldn’t be true.

“She’s dead,” her friend repeats.

Tears run down her face in rivers, bringing make up with them. This cannot be happening. They were supposed to spend the rest of their lives together. They had so many plans for the future. Everything was perfect and now it’s all gone. Her soul mate is dead. Her heart has shattered into a million pieces and she falls into her friend’s waiting arms.
♠ ♠ ♠
300 words

PLEASE COMMENT!