‹ Prequel: A Mistake
Sequel: An Acceptance

A Burden

Emotions Coming Into Play

A ways away, Raina could hear the slight quiver of a bow. Raina bit her lip as the arrow escaped the old man’s bow with a whistle, and struck an orc.

“Dartho!” Aragorn commanded. (Hold!)

Everything went silent for a moment, and Raina could hear Théoden murmuring to himself.

“And so it begins.”

Down below, the Uruks roared, louder than ever, and charged at the fortress.

Raina snatched her bow up and loaded an arrow in an instant, pointed at the ugliest Uruk she could see.

“Faeg i-varv dîn na lanc a nu ranc,” Legolas whispered, and Raina nodded thanks. She adjusted her arrow slightly, knowing that with that much time to aim, surely she would hit her target right where she wanted. (Their armor is weak at the neck and under their arms)

It was another moment before Aragorn called out next.

“Leithio i philinn!”(Fire!)

In unison, all the Elves arrows were released. Not bothering to watch where they went, Raina and Legolas reached to their backs for another arrow.

“Anybody hit anything?” Gimli asked.

“Of course,” Raina answered as she notched another arrow.

The rain was chilling Raina to the bone by now, but she ignored it. Soon enough, she would be in hand to hand combat, and she knew that the cooling rain would be a blessing.

Across the way, the Men shot their own arrows.

“Tangado a chadad!” Aragorn yelled, now very close to Raina, Legolas, and Gimli, but she did not turn around to see if Aragorn was behind them or not. Instead, she focused on cutting down the biggest, burliest orcs, and the ones with the bows. Near her, and Elf’s limp body fell from the wall into the mud with a smack. Raina winced, but did not think about it. You’re going to see a lot more death than that tonight, sweetheart, she thought to herself bitterly, and shot another arrow. This one just sank into the Uruk’s armor, and Raina cursed herself for not focusing.

That Uruk could be the one to kill one of her friends, she thought angrily and cursed herself once more before shooting again. This time, her target fell dead instantly.

In the distance, she could hear the cried of the few already injured Men. She took a few deep breaths and let her anger out in her shooting.

“Come on! Send them to me!” Gimli growled in frustration. Raina understood his frustration now that her emotions had come into play in this battle.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks a billion to bloodravyn and je suis bree for all of the comments, and je suis bree: here's the battle you asked for(: