‹ Prequel: A Mistake
Sequel: An Acceptance

A Burden

We Can Never Go Home

That evening, Raina’s friends were all riding out with Théoden and his men to oversee Gondor and Mordor. The red sun set over the bloody earth, setting Raina at unease. But still, she rode on, until her company stopped.

“Sauron’s wrath will be terrible, his retribution swift,” Gandalf was saying, as all the men were lost in their worlds. For the first time on this journey, Raina realized that she did not fear the future. She stared out to Mount Doom, knowing that somewhere out there, Frodo and Sam were wandering in the wilderness, needing the veil that was covering them as a disguise. She knew she was needed in battle, and that her life may be needed as forfeit as well.

"The battle for Helm's Deep is over. The battle for Middle-Earth is about to begin. All our hopes now lie with two little hobbits. Somewhere in the wilderness."

But that would be okay. Raina no longer feared death, for she knew that pain was just an earthly phase. Her spirit would live on in some form of heaven if she were to die for a valiant cause.

Somewhere out there in the wilderness, all her hope rested on her two lifelong friends. And she knew that they would save Middle-Earth. But she would do whatever it took to give them more time, and more cover. Even if that meant giving her life.

Far, far away, she could barely hear the voices of Frodo and Sam.

‘I wonder if we’ll ever be put into stories or tales…’ Sam was saying.

Frodo laughed, causing Raina to smile. It had been far too long that she had heard his laugh, and it was precious to her.

‘What?’

‘I wonder if people will ever say, “Let's hear about Frodo and the Ring.” And they'll say,“Yes, that's one of my favorite stories. Frodo was really courageous, wasn't he, dad?” “Yes, my boy, the most famousest of hobbits. And that's saying a lot.”’

Tears brimmed Raina’s eyes as the two Hobbits spoke. ‘You left out one of the chief characters! Samwise the Brave. I want to hear more about Sam.’

‘Frodo wouldn’t have gotten far without Sam,’ he finished.

‘Now Mister Frodo,’ Sam reprimanded. ‘You shouldn’t make fun. I was being serious.’

Raina could hear the smile in Frodo’s voice.

‘So was I.’

Where once was light
Now darkness falls
Where once was love
Love is no more
Don't say goodbye
Don't say I didn't try

These tears we cry
Are falling rain
For all the lies you told us
The hurt, the blame!
And we will weep to be so alone
We are lost
We can never go home

So in the end
I'll be what I will be
No loyal friend
Was ever there for me

Now we say goodbye
We say you didn't try

These tears you cry
Have come too late
Take back the lies
The hurt, the blame!

And you will weep
When you face the end alone
You are lost
You can never go home
You are lost
You can never go home
♠ ♠ ♠
I got my subscriber... I love you guys(: An Acceptance is coming soon!