Status: Title change. Because, let's be honest, the previous title was LAME. Haha.

Roommates

Twelve.

I groaned loudly, and over dramatically as I pulled up into the driveway, which was already packed with other cars. My heart sank to the bottom of my stomach, knowing that the majority of my family was already in my house, before I even had time to get there and relax before they weaseled their way in.

"Frank! Hey kid!" my Uncle Lenny yelled, peering his head through the front door, wearing that same ol' goofy grin on his face that I remember.

My Uncle Lenny is probably the only one in my family I actually like, because he is so much like me. But, unlike me, he doesn't give a rats ass about what anyone else in the family thinks of him.

"Aye, Uncle Lenny!" I cheered as he jogged his way over to me, wrapping me in one of his world famous bear hugs, that nearly suffocate me every time.

"Kid, I wish I could say you've grown, but sadly you haven't," he laughed.

"Hey! Shut up! Your not so tall yourself!"

"Hey, at least I'm over 5 ft 5, Mr. 5 ft 3."

I punched his arm playfully. He laughed and wrapped his arm around my shoulder, and walked us towards the house.

"Hows college life kid?"

"It's alright," I sighed.

"Any better then high school?" My Uncle Lenny went through the same bullshit I went through when he was in high school. It makes me happy to know that I have someone who understand how I'm feeling.

"Truthfully? Maybe a tad better. Still get name called here and there, but I guess that's normal right? But I made a new friend, I think."

"What do you mean, 'I think'?"

"Well, he thinks we're friends but, yeah. He's cool, and I like him, y'know?"

"Then don't be-"

"No, Uncle Lenny. I mean I like him. I really like him." He didn't react the way I know the rest of my family would've reacted to the news. He just smiled and punched my arm.

"Aye, that's okay. Now why don't you think you guys are friends?"

"Well, I ain't the nicest person I guess."

"Your putting up a tough front, eh? Is he mean to you?"

"Surprisingly, no. He's still nice to me. Like, he won't cuss me out or try to kick my ass or anything. Well, when we first met I mean, we were dicks to each other but now, it seems like I'm the only one."

"That's a good sign, kid. But listen to me, lighten up! You don't want him thinking your a dick all the time, right? 'Cause if you do, he'll start resenting you, alright shorty?" He said, messing up my hair.

"Yeah, I'll do it. But you think I have a chance?"

My uncle pursed his lips and scratched his head.

"I don't know, whats he like? Does he show any signs of being," he leaned closer to me, and spoke barely above a whisper," Gay?"

"Hmm, he calls me sugar-"

"See! No straight man calls another man sugar! I think you got a chance," He cheered patting my shoulder, before opening the front door, revealing a very large, and a very loud, Italian family. Their eyes flicked from us, and back to my parents. Reluctantly, my mom smiled and made her way through the crowd, and over to me.

"Hey baby."

"Mom," I hissed, still angry with her for not letting me spend Thanksgiving with Gerard.

"I'm sorry you couldn't spend time with your little friend, but spending it with family is just more traditional- and better."

"Bite me," I growled, releasing myself from her hug. Her smile faded, and she was scowling at me now.

"Frank. Watch your mouth!" She spat, raising her finger. I grinned. I liked where this was going.

"What the fuck," I spat, pushing her finger away, "Is your finger going to do?"

My moms nostrils were now flaring when she snapped her head back to look at everyone else. All their eyes were on us, which made it all the more satisfying for me.

"Frank, don't. Just wait till- you know what I know what your trying to do! And it's not going to work! You are spending Thanksgiving here and that is final!" She yelled, lowering her red face to mine. From the corner of my eye, I saw my uncle shove his hands awkwardly into his pockets.

"You know what mom, I can't believe I didn't think of this before!" I cheered. My mom moved her head back, and raised an eyebrow in confusion.

"What?" She asked, panic in her voice.

"I'm an adult, ain't I? I'm 18. Which means I don't even have to come home for Thanksgiving, or any holiday for that matter! You can't control me because I'm a fucking adult!" A smile crept onto my lips, and fire was burning in my mother's eyes.

"In my house, you follow by my rules! Watch your mouth!" She screamed, her hand colliding with my cheek. I cupped my cheek, and stared her down. She was breathing deeply, and scowling down at me. I just smirked, and rubbed my wounded cheek, ignoring the gasps and ahhs from the rest of the family.

"Fine, how about I just leave? And never fucking come back?" I hissed, swinging the front door open, and stomping outside, making sure the slam was loud, and made the neighbors wonder, 'what the fuck was going on in the crazy ass Italian family?'

I darted into my car, thankful I hadn't pulled any of my shit out. My Uncle Lenny ran out after me, waving his arms like a mad man, and yelling something, but truthfully, I just didn't give a shit at this point. I just wanted to get out of here as fast as I possibly could.

As soon as I knew I was about a mile from the house, I pulled out my cell, and the crumpled slip of paper that contained Gerard's cell number. Dialing it as quickly as possible, it only took 3 rings before it was answered.

"Hello?"

"Gerard, where the hell do you live? I'm coming over there," I said, looking at my mirrors, making sure that no cops were following me.

"Oh, what happened?" He asked, obviously entertained by my frustration.

"Ok, I'll save that bullshit, and tell you when I get to yourself. Now where do you live?"
♠ ♠ ♠
Well, I know that's not Frank's actual height but work with me cause that's whats its going to bhe in the story aha :D
THANK YOOU ! To my commenters, that just made me smiile !!! ANd special thanks to OVER_JOYED cause she gave me some inspiration for the 'no man calls another man sugar part' aha :D
OH and this story is 8 stars ahahaha ! YUSSS
Thanks for reading :3