Status: Title change. Because, let's be honest, the previous title was LAME. Haha.

Roommates

Twenty- five.

"Frank get your ass down here! We have to go to your mom's!"

Hearing that sentence made my heart sink. Why do I have to go to her house? Now? I just got back earlier today.

"Why do we have to go there? I thought we had to go there just for Christmas dinner, not for anything else," I groaned as I stomped down the stairs.

"Yeah, but when she found out that you were staying with me for your holiday break, she asked that I bring you over for a few minutes. She says you guys have some things to talk about."

"Great," I mumbled, sliding my worn down converse back on my feet. I put my hands deep into my pockets and stared at the floor.

"Oh, before we leave, you have to take care of something," He said, opening the drawer to the end table and rummaging through the junk he had stored up in there. "Here."

He tossed something in my direction, and I was lucky enough to catch it before it had a chance to crash onto the floor. I examined the small glass bottle, and glared up at my uncle.

"Makeup? Why do I - Oh," I stopped myself. Yeah, I know what I need this for. Thank god he has my back.

"Yeah. It'll help you out, kid. You know your mom would freak out if she saw that honker on your neck. Just uh, smooth it out over the hickey. That should cover it up."

I nodded my head and walked quickly into the bathroom. I stared at the small glass bottle for a few minutes, trying to find the directions for how to use this stuff. Yeah, I may use eyeliner, and occasionally some eye shadow, but I've never used this shit before.

I gave up on finding the directions and twisted the top off. I got some of the brownish liquid onto my fingers and rubbed it on top of the nice hickey Gerard had given me. It was kinda cold at first, but I soon got used to the feeling of it.

"You got it, bud?" Uncle Lenny asked, knocking on the door.

"Yeah. Let's go."

*-*-*

"Now, before we go into the house, I want you to promise me something," He said, resting his hands on my shoulders. I nodded and started fiddling with my lip ring.

"Please, try to reframe from fighting with your mother. By the sounds of it, she really missed you. It also sounded like she wanted to apologize for the way she treated you in front of the rest of the family. So, I'm just asking to be civil and to listen to what she has to say."

"I promise," I grumbled. He laughed and ruffled my hair.

"Mom, I'm he-"

"Frankie! Oh I've missed you!" She said surprising me with a hug. I grunted and hugged her back. I thought back, and couldn't quite remember the last time my mother had given me a hug.

"Yeah. Uh, I missed you too?" I said, pulling away. She smiled and turned away, walking over and sitting on the love seat.

"Remember what I said," my uncle whispered in my ear as he passed by.

"So, Frankie. How has college been so far. You make any more friends?"

"Uh. I guess you could say that I've had experiences there that I haven't had before. I also had a lot of fun there as well. And, no. Not many friends. Gerard is my closest friend," I replied, adding extra emphasis to the last friend. I bit my bottom lip as I tried to hold back my laugh. My uncle cleared his throat, and I calmed myself.

"Well, that's great baby. Look, there was a reason why I invited you down here so early in your holiday break. I sorta felt bad that I smacked you in front of everyone. That could've been saved till later, to save you the embarrassment. And, Gerard is your first real friend. So, I guess you could've spent maybe a day with him. But I still stand my ground that Thanksgiving is a family holiday. Not one where you spend it with friends."

I bit my tongue, fighting back a smart ass remark that had been building up the entire time she started talking. And I'm pretty sure my uncle noticed my distress, because for a second time today, he saved my ass.

"Yeah. And I've met the kid, and he's a nice guy. But, the Thanksgiving incident is behind us now, so, dear sister, there is no need to bring it up-"

"Yeah. Since I still got to spend it with Gerard instead of you anyways. Who feels accomplished now," I spat, crossing my arms and glaring. From the corner of my eye, I saw my uncle shake his head, and my mom stiffen.

"Well, Lenny that's true. And Frank, good for you. I don't see what is so much more important about your little friend then your own family."

I scoffed, "Alright. There are a lot of things about Gerard that are more important then my 'family'," I hissed, adding air quotes when I said family.

"Alright! I didn't want to bring Frank here for you two to argue. So if you-"

"No. I'm sorry uncle Lenny. I told you, and Gerard, that I would try and be nice. But, no. I am tired of being put down and judged for everything good that happens to me. And Gerard being one of those things. Mom, there's something that I'm going to tell you, and to be honest, I don't give a damn for what you have to say about it."

My mother remained silent. She also looked pissed for the word choice I had decided to use. My uncle just nodded his head and leaned back farther into the couch.

"Go ahead Frank. What is it that you have to tell me?" She asked, cocking her head to the side and plastering a smile on her face. I smirked.

"Gerard is my boyfriend, mother. And you see this," I yelled, rubbing furiously at the make up covered hickey on my neck. "Gerard gave me this. And you wanna know why? Well, the reason why is because I fucked him last night. And, it was awesome," I yelled, pointing at the purple mark on my neck.

The look on my mothers face was priceless. I wished that I had brung a camera and took a picture of it. I loved it that much. I returned my gaze to my uncle, who surprisingly, looked more pleased then anything. His smile was wide, and he looked satisfied.

"Excuse me? Did I just hear what I thought I heard?"

"Yes," I said a little softer. "Yeah. Mom, I'm gay. Obviously. And, I don't care if you hate me because that's just who I am. Why I was ever afraid to tell you, I don't know. But now I'm proud. And mom, I love Gerard, and if you can't except that, then that's your problem, not mine."

I sunk myself deeper into the couch, and sighed. It felt as if this great weight had been lifted from my shoulders completely, and I finally felt free. I had nothing to hold back anymore. Every thing that I wanted to say, I said. I got it all off of my chest, and I feel absolutely amazing.

"Well. That's completely against what we've raised you as. I don't know why you turned out this way. But, there's no changing you," She said sadly, glancing from me and my uncle and back.

"Ok. Well, that was a total Jerry Springer moment," My uncle said, busting out laughing right after. Ah, that's my uncle for ya'.
♠ ♠ ♠
alright, HAPPY BIRTHDAY shimixxxkilljoy
I read your comment, and I'm like, I have to update for her birthday. SO , I hope you had a fabulous birthdaaay!
Thank you commenters, One more reader and I have reached 400! DAMN!
Oh, I got a two-shot going. Read and comment:) OH and sub:) It's All Over.