Status: Title change. Because, let's be honest, the previous title was LAME. Haha.

Roommates

Thirty Four.

Frank's POV:

The past few weeks haven't been much fun. First semester ended a week ago, and 2nd semester has been much busier. I've had an assload of tests and homework. Especially in English. I still have Mrs. Hamilton. Why they gave me her again, I'll never know.

So, things between Gerard and I had slowed down a bit. We were each swamped with our hours and hours of homework from each of our classes, we dodn't really have time to, you know. Do anything. But it's alright, because, in three days, it's going to be Valentines Day.

I've always hated that holiday. I never really found a point for it. All it is, is guys buying mushy, gushy lovey, dovey shit for their girlfriends to squeal over. Just another holiday for candy and flower companies to make a quick buck. Besides, I never really had anyone to spend Valentines Day with. My parents had each other, and the couples in my high school all had a part in it, but me.

I can't say that anymore. And honestly, I'm happy about that. The only bad thing about it is, is that I have no idea what to get Gerard.

Yeah. For Christmas I basically gave him my virginity - you can put it that way. And that box of condoms can last a while so, it's a gift that keeps on giving. Till we either run out or they expire... but whatever. I don't really know how to give good gifts. That was my problem last time, so, it's a miracle that I even came up with that.

This weekend is Gerard's mom's 40th birthday, so they're having a huge party and inviting over a bunch of family and friends. So while he's busy partying it up at his house, I'm going to spend the weekend at my Uncle Lenny's and get his advice for what I should get Gerard. Besides, I don't want to stay the weekend all alone in this small dorm. I'm getting sick of being here. Besides, I never pass up an opportunity to hang with my Uncle. As said before, he is the only one of my dozens of family members that I can actually stand.

*-*-*

"So. Any ideas on what ya' wanna give your lover?" He asked as we walked through the sliding doors of his neighborhood Fred Meyers. Apparently, he had to get a few grocery items and he says that they have a holiday card section and the yearly 'Valentines Day' isle as well.

"No. That's why I asked for your help. I have no fucking idea what to give him. I'm not good in the gift giving department," I said, shoving my hands in the pockets of my Misfits sweatshirt as we walked down the frozen food section.

"Well, what're his interests? Does he like the same shit that you do?" He asked, throwing some frozen pizzas into the cart.

"Yeah. Basically. He really likes art-"

"Then do something that revolves around art, kid," He smiled, leading me down the dairy isle. He grabbed a gallon of milk and plopped it into the cart, along with a block of cheddar cheese and butter.

"I guess," I muttered. We walked around the store for the next few minutes in silence. And with each passing minute, I grew more and more bored. Now I remember why I never tagged along with my mom whenever she had to go grocery shopping. It is so boring.

"Have you gotten everything yet?" I asked. Well, I guess you could say it was more like a whine, but I really wanted to get this over with. And we haven't even went into the Valentine section yet. And I wanna make sure I have something before I leave this place.

"Yes, now quit your whining you baby. Let's go and look at the cards first," He ordered, slapping the back of my head as he, once again, led the way to the holiday cards.

We stood there for a few minutes, just scanning each and every one of the cards. None of them really caught my eye. I mean, the color scheme was all basically the same. Pink and red. Nothing really special.

"Hey Frank, have you found one that had caught your eye yet?" My uncle asked impatiently. I shook my head. None of these are anything special, and certainly nothing I want to give to Gerard.

"No. They all suck."

"Ok, kid. Let your uncle give you a piece of advice when it comes to Valentines Day. It doesn't matter about what the gift is, or how much it costs. What matters is, is that it comes from your heart."

He had a point.

"Ok. I see-"

"Why don't you write him a poem? Poems are always nice, Frank," He winked, turning the cart around and heading towards the check out. Poems, huh? I never really wrote poetry before, and if I did, it was for a school assighnment and it turned out shitty. Let's hope when I do it this time, it'll turn out amazing.

*-*-*

"Happy Valentines Day, Frankie babe!" Gerard cooed, kissing my cheek. I stared down at my lap and blushed.

"Since we have classes today, it gives me the perfect excuse to give you you Valentines Day shit now, huh?" Gerard smirked, walking over to his bedside table. I bit my lip and nodded.

I spent a few hours on the poem for Gerard's gift, thing. It's not very long, and I hope it turns out good. I also took some time, with the help of the fabulous Uncle Lenny, to get something extra special along with the crappy poem. Maybe it'll make up for it.

"Yeah. Lemme get mine and we can exchange them," I said, walking over to my side of the room and pulling out the small, white envelope, concealing my crappy poem, and a large manilla folder containing the other surprise I had in store for him.

"Here," He said when we met back up at the edge of his bed. In his hand was also a white envelope, and in the other was a boquet of red and white roses.

"You read yours first," He simply stated as he took his gifts from my shaking fingers.

"Ok," I replied nervously.

As carefully as I could, I opened the end of the white envelope, pulling out a blue and black card. On the front of the card was a blue flower, surrounded by by various sizes of black swirls and vines and red hearts. Opening the card and gazing inside, there, in Gerard's scribbled handwriting was what looked like a poem as well. Well, great minds think alike, huh?

"Frank,

If I had a single flower for everytime I think about you, I could walk forever in my garden. You mean the world to me, and if only words could describe to you just how much. You're everything I could have ever asked for and more. You're all I think about when I wake up every morning, and before I fall asleep every night. I love you, Frankie. Forever and always.

Gerard
"

I couldn't help but tear up a little as I read what he wrote me. Sue me, you'd cry too if Gerard wrote you something as sweet as this.

"Wow. Gerard this is amazing. Damn. Thank you, babe!" I said, embracing his in a hug.

"No problem, Frankie," He mumbled in my hair. "Now it's time to see what you did."

Pulling away, he lifted the flap of the envelope(I don't like the taste of that glue stuff they use to close the card. It's disgusting. Besides, it makes the envelope easier to open if you don't like it, anyways). The card I wrote on was just a simple white card with a large, sparkled heart on the front - curtousy of my Uncle Lenny. He picked out the card. We ended up going back to the grocery store a day later and apparently I was taking too long to decide so he chose one for me. As Gerard opened the card to read it, a large, goofy grin spread across his beautiful face. Ah, great.

"Gee,

I don't understand why Cupid was chosen to represent Valentines Day. When I think about romance, the last thing on my mind is a short, chubby toddler coming at me with a weapon. But now when I think about Valentines Day, I'm always going to think of you because you are the first person I ever truly celebrated it with. You're also the first person I truly love.

You'vre stolen my heart, and I don't think I can put it any other way. Before I met you, I don't remember smiling as much as I did after I met you. I've never been this happy, and it's all because of you. You mean everything to me, and I'd do anything for you. Whether it be something small, or something big like give my life for you.

The most beautiful view, is the one I share with you. I love you, and I never will stop. Happy Valentines Day, love.

Love, Frank
"

Ok. So it wasn't exactly a poem. More like a letter. But the reaction I got from Gerard was something I wanted to see. His smile didn't go away, and he had tears in his eyes, just as I had.

"Oh. Don't forget the folder. It has my gift to you in it," I muttered. Taking up on my hint, Gerard opened the folder and pulled out the numerous sheets of papers and gasped.

"Are you fucking for real? Is this an appication thing to send into Cartoon Network?"

"It's for that cartoon you've been working on for the last few weeks. I've watched how much you loved it and how hard you worked on it. And my uncle suggested that I get you something that has to do with your love of art, so, I thought this would do. Do you like it?"

Since the end of December or the first few weeks of January, Gerard has been working on this cartoon called 'The Breakfast Monkey'. It's very original and creative and darn right cute. It's an amazing idea so, why not get him an application so he can send the cartoon idea into Cartoon Network? They'll be idiots if they don't accept it.

"I love it Frank. You're amazing. I fucking love you. Happy Valentines Day," he said, dropping the manilla folder and note I wrote for him down onto the ground beside him and nearly tackling me in a hug and planting kisses all over my neck and face.

What a wonderful way to start off the day. And to think that I once hated Valentines Day.
♠ ♠ ♠
quicker update, yeah?
Little longer, yeah?
Time jump.. yeah. Sorry if you don't like that xD
Cheesy, huh? I love it! I love this chapter and is damn proud of it. Lol
IDK when next update is. My teachers have been on strike for the past week, so it ave me more free time to write, lol. I may be back in school next week. Poo.