Status: Title change. Because, let's be honest, the previous title was LAME. Haha.

Roommates

Thirty- Five.

GERARD'S POV:

"Gerard! Psst, Gee!"

I turned my head slowly in Madison's direction. She smiled softly and gave me a small wave. The hairy art teacher was giving us a long boring lecture on who knows what. I'm not really listening. I've been worried about the whole Breakfast Monkey thing with Cartoon Network. It won't be the end of the world if it doesn't make it or anything, but it would still be nice.

"Yes?" I whispered back. She bit her lip and quickly glanced at the teacher. He was still yapping on about whatever it was.

"Can you uh, come somewhere with me after class? Like, to talk? Theres something that, well, happened. And I need to tell it to someone before I-"

"Excuse me. Madison. Mr. Way. Please, stop talking or, by all means, you can pack your stuff and leave my classroom. No need to be a distraction to yourselves and those around you," He cocked one of his large eyebrows and narrowed his eyes behind his fogged up glasses. We nodded and Madison gave me a pleading look. I nodded and she looked somewhat relieved.

*-*-*

"Thank you for coming with me Gerard. But really, if you need to get back to Frank, I can-"

"No, Madie. It's okay. I'm your friend and I'm here whenever you need to talk. And now, you need to talk. And I'm here. So, let's get a coffee or something," I said smoothly, walking up to the counter with Madison on my heels.

"Hello sir. What can I get you?" The familiar faced girl behind the counter asked, followed by an obnoxious pop of her, what smelled like, strawberry gum.

"I'd like a coffee. Black. And my friend Madison here would like?" I turned to Madison and she was busy chewing on the nail on her index finger.

"Oh. Vanilla Mocha, please?"

"And a Vanilla Mocha," I smiled. The girl behind the counter nodded and charged me $5.59 for our two drinks, and a chocolate chip muffin I had ordered for myself as well. As soon as they had our stuff ready, we carried it to one of the far tables in the back of the small cafe.

"Okay. Shoot. What's on your mind thats bugging you?"

She took a nervous sip of her Mocha before speaking.

"Well. You're aware of me and Josh dating right?" She asked nervously. I nodded and she sighed softly before continuing.

"Well. Something sorta - oh lemme just spit it out. A few weeks ago, we slept together for the first time."

My breath hitched in my throat as my heart sank. Why would she sleep with him? Give into him like that? He's not a nice guy. He's just putting up a front for her.

"And you can only guess where I'm going with this and why I'm so upset," She explained, her voice rising slowly with every word.

"Oh shit. You think you're?"

"You catch on quickly. You don't understand, Gerard! I'm so fucking scared! I knew it was a bad idea to sleep with him! And now I'm paying for my stupid mistake! I mean, I like him and all, but I would never, ever want to have a kid with him!"

I ran my fingers though my dark hair and sighed.

"I don't want to sound like, a dick and all, especially with all the shit you're going through now, but, why wouold you come to me and tell me about all this? Don't you have any female friends?"

"Not very many, to be completely honest. I've learned from my high school days that girls are just full of drama and I want to stay away from them as much as possible. Besides, you know how much some of them can gossip. Imagine how fast word would get around that I'm a whore or a slut because I slept with Josh and got pregnant. I want to avoid that at all costs, and, you're one of my closest friends. And I know the only other person you'd tell would be Frank. And I completely trust him as much as I trust you."

Her answer seemed to be pretty logical. And I know what she's talking about with the whole rumor spreading thing in high school. I don't know how many different ones I've heard about all these girls being whores and skanks and easy.

"I see, and I completely understand. But, lemme ask one more thing, are you completely positive that you are pregnant?"

"No," She said flatly. "I mean, my period is a few days late, and that scares the crap outta me. So, the first thing that came to mind was the possibility of me being pregnant."

"Well, let's hope not."

"Yeah. That's why I was also hoping that yoou'd come with me to the drug store down the street to purchase a pregnancy test? I have the money for it and all, I just don't want to go in there alone."

"Of course I'll go with you. C'mon. Finish your coffee and let's walk down there."

*-*-*

"Where do you think they keep them?" She asked as she scanned each and every one of the shelves of two or so isles.

"I don't know. Probably near the medicine crap and condoms."

"Right. Let's check there."

And sure enough, there they were. Your basic, $10 pregnany tests. She casually chewed on her bottom lip and grabbed one of them, before turning to me and holding it out.

"What?"

"Can you go up and pay for it for me? I'll give you my money for it. It's just going to be super embarrassing and I don't want anyone to think-"

"Fine! I'll do it. Give it here," I sighed, taking the pregnancy test up to the counter. I got a strange look for the cashier, but right now, I really didn't give a damn. I just want to get back to her dorm, or whatever, and find out that she's not pregnant, and have this worry behind us.

"Okay, Madie, let's go," I said as we walked out of the small drug store.

"Okay." She responded softly.

*-*-*

I stood outside her dorms bathroom door, picking at the fraying threads at the bottom of my dark jeans, thinking to myself that it's about time for me to get some new ones. I don't know how long she had been in the bathroom, but this test sure did take long to tell whether or not she was pregnant. I was hoping and praying and crossing my fingers that she wasn't.

A moment or two later, I heard a loud, ear peircing scream from the bathroom, which could only mean one thing.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry for the wait.
Tell me if theres any errors or whatever.
:)