Status: Title change. Because, let's be honest, the previous title was LAME. Haha.

Roommates

Thirty- Seven.

Frank's POV:

I was sitting in the small cafe alone this morning. Gerard had to leave a little earlier today because he had to go to the library and get some books he needs to use for research for this paper he has to write for art. Libraries really aren't my thing, and I was tired, so I stayed behind. Luckily, he didn't mind.

I sipped mindlessly on my coffee, staring out the window. It was raining, which sucked. I never really liked rain. I love hearing it hit against the roof, especially at night, but I don't necessarily like to be out in it. I like to stay dry.

"Hey Frank?"

I look up and see Matt standing over me, smiling.

"Uh, hey."

"Oh, uh. It's gloomy outside isn't it? Rains depressing." He says, removing his dark, damp hood from his head.

"Uh yeah." I reply quickly. I wanted him to leave me alone, but remembering Gerard's words about me being nicer to people and needing more friends killed any chance of that.

"You wanna sit?" I ask flatly. He nods and takes a seat, resting his hands on the table.

"How have you been, Frank?"

"Good."

"That's great," He says, still smiling. There's just something about this guy...

"You're, gay right?" He asks suddenly. My breath hitched in my throat and I felt my stomach turn into knots. Oh great. Another fucking homophobe.

"Yeah. And is there a problem with that? Because if there is I-"

"No! No, no, no. I don't see a problem with that, trust me. I'm bi."

That was a relief.

"Oh. I see. Why do you ask?"

"Just wondering. Anyways, I gotts head to class. See you in English later, yeah?" He asks, sliding out of the booth and putting his hood back on.

"Uh, yeah. I guess so."

He smiles and waves before shoving his hands into the pockets of his Northface jacket and walking out of the cafe, and out into the rain.

I ran my fingers through my hair, which luckily, was growing back from when I cut it back in Christmas break. Don't know how I ever let my uncle talk me into that, but I won't let it happen again. Or, I just won't let him go that short. I like my bangs.

*-*-*

"Hey baby. How're you?" Gerard greeted me, kissing my forehead. It was lunchtime, and we didn't have classes for another hour. We were going to spend it together, like we usually do. Except, we're going out to one of the restaurants to eat, instead of in our dorm. I guess Gerard's grandma sent him some money in the mail for books and food and what not. He decided he should use it for a meal for us.

"I'm doing good. Better, actually. I took your advice and talked to Matt," I said, glancing through the menu.

"Really. How'd it go, sugar?" He asks.

"Good, I guess. We talked for like, maybe 5 minutes. Thank god he had to get to class, though."

"Were you nice?" He asks, raising an eyebrow and smirking. I stick out my tongue and nod.

"Just asking, dear. You can be an ass, y'know."

"I do know. And yeah, I was nice."

"And it didn't kill you. Guess you could be nice to people more often," He joked. I slapped his arm playfully as the waitress came up to us and finally took our orders.

Minutes later, she returned with our food. Me, with my veggie burger, and Gerard with nachos.

"I want you to come over to my house again and have dinner with my family. My mom adores you," Gerard says before taking a sip of his Diet Coke.

"Really?"

"Yeah. You think you'd like to this weekend?"

"Sure. Got nothing better to do, y'know."

"You think I'd ever get to meet your family, Frank? I've been curious to see your parents."

"I don't know about that. I don't really talk to them much. Only my uncle, really." I say, staring down at my food instead of having any sort of eye contact with Gerard.

"It's okay, dear. Just asking," He giggles. God, his giggle.

"It's okay. I have to call my mom anyways. Haven't talked to her in a while. She's probably worried or whatever. I'll ask her then."

"Okay, baby."

*-*-*

Last class of the day, for me, was English. And I was really dreading going there today. I didn't want to be with Mrs. Hamilton. She's such a bitch, and I know she has a shitload of reading for us to do tonight, along with every other night. And in all honesty, it's pissing me off. Yeah, I know it's college and all, but still.

And I sure as hell didn't want to be there with Matt. He gives me the creeps, and there is just something about him that I don't fucking like.

"Hey."

Speak of the devil.

"Hey."

"I hear that Mrs. Hamilton has a huge test planned for Friday. Worth 80% of our grade this semester. Someone who had her last class says theres a lot of studying that she suggests people do for it," he says, sitting down and digging through his bookbag, pulling out his large notebook and a black pen.

"Uh. Alright. Thanks for the warning."

"Actually. What I was wondering, Frank, was if you would like to study with me? I work better if I have someone to study with me. And you happen to have English the same time as me. You think you'd like to do it?"

I mentally slap myself, and mentally kick Gerard in his crotch. I really don't want to study with him. Everyone knows that studying requires hours. And I don't want to spend those hours with him.

But when I was about to reject his offer, Gerard's words swam through my head about how I need to be nicer to people and how I need more friends. Damn him for being so right.

"Uh. Yeah. I guess it wouldn't hurt."

"Great," He smiled.

Fuck. My. Life..
♠ ♠ ♠
Yes, an update?? I'm happy I got positive comments on the title change.
I have a new frerard in progress. ------> I'll Prove My Love For You
Read it. I'd appreciate it very much:)
Any errors, spelling, grammar plot ect. Please tell me.