Status: Title change. Because, let's be honest, the previous title was LAME. Haha.

Roommates

Thirty- eight.

Frank's POV:

Seems like Matt was right. By the end of class, Mrs. Hamilton announced a huge test we will be having at the end of the week. And that she suggests we study for it, if we want to get a decent grade. My heart sank to the bottom of my stomach, because that only meant that I had to study with him. No way in hell was I looking forward to that it at all.

When class was finally released for the day, I avoided Matt and headed straight to my dorm. Gerard was halfway down the hall by the time I got there. He turned and greeted me with a warm smile and a quick kiss on the lips.

"What's wrong? You look pissed," he asked, turning the key and unlocking the door. I groaned and threw my backpack onto the floor beside my bed.

"I have to study with Matt. Yeah, thanks Gee. Oh, you need more friends, it wouldn't kill you to make some more," I mocked. He just laughed and wrapped my in a loose hug.

"It'll be alright. Calm the hell down. And don't blame me. You don't think he'll try anything, do you?"

"Well, I don't know. Gee, there's something about him that I don't like not do I trust." I replied flatly. He sighed and kissed my forehead.

"If he tried anything, I know you can kick his ass. If not, I'll be here, and I'll be sure to do it," he smiles.

"Yeah I know. That's why I love you. 'Cause I know you'll always be here for me."

"Got that right."

*-*-*

I sat in the library at one of the tables in the very back. A few other people were here; some were on the computers and some were reading or doing homework or whatever. As I waited for Matt to drag his sorry ass here so we could study and get this over with, I pulled my necessary books and my english notebook.

What's the worst that could happen? Thinking it over, he hasn't really done anything mean to me. He's a little strange, for talking to me out of the blue and all, but he hasn't tried anything. I guess Gerard was right.

"Frank, I'm surprised you got here before me," Matt said as he sat in the chair directly across from me.

"Yeah. Well, we're both here now. So let's get a move on this, shall we?"

He nodded and he pulled out his belongings before we started. After an hour of two of book reading and reviewing notes before he finally decided to make any sort of conversation with me.

"You think you'll do good on the test?"

"Possibly. But I mean, it is Mrs. Hamilton, and you never know what she's capable of. One day she's a bitch, the next she's normal."

Matt laughed loudly at what I said, making a few heads turn.

"You, obviously don't remember me, do you?" he asks, all of a sudden.

"Remember you?" I ask, confused.

"Yeah. I went to high school with you. We never talked or anything. I used to hang around Josh and his gang. That's why," he said, tapping his pencil against the table.

Thinking back to the oh-so-wonderful days of my high school career. I never really memorized anyone's faces. Maybe only Josh's because he tried to kick my ass everyday. Not to mention the teasing and harassing. But in all honesty, I don't really remember ever seeing Matt.

"I, uh, don't really remember you. Sorry?"

"Oh. Well, that's okay. That's why I actually started talking to you. I felt like shit for all the hell you went through in high school. Josh was a dick, that's for sure. But that doesn't make me any better, because I never tried to stop him."

A look of guilt painted over his face and that's when I realized he really did feel bad. And to be honest, it felt nice to have someone apologize for all the hell they put me through in high school. Hey, maybe Matt isn't that bad afterall.

"Well, it's okay man. Why did you ever stop hanging out with Josh?" I asked.

"I just got tired of him and all his bullshit. I felt guilty every time he beat someone up or mocked them or made fun of someone. He wasn't like that in middle school or anything. I don't know what happened to him..." Matt trailed off.

"Oh. I see."

"Yeah. He also found out that I was bisexual. He didn't like the idea too much. But I don't see why he has anything against it. I mean, he was the one who butt fucked-" Matt threw his hands over his mouth with wide eyes.

"What?!" I asked, shocked. Who did he 'butt fuck'? And what the hell gave him the right to torture me all through high school for my sexuality, when I never had sex with anyone.

"Frank! Forget I said anything, please! I promised him years ago that I wouldn't say anything! Goddammit, I can't believe I let it slip..." He said in a panic tone. No way am I letting this piece of information pass by me.

"No no no. You started it and now you need to finish it! C'mon, it's not like I even talk to the guy, so I won't tell him that you told me."

Matt sighed. He shook his head before, what it looked like, he gave in.

"Okay. Don't tell anyone," he starts. I nod, even though when I get back to the dorm I'm going to tell Gerard. But he's trustworthy. So, it's alright.

"I don't know the entire story. But from what I know and stuff, he had sex with some guy named Logan. Logan, apparently, was some guy he went to church with or something. I'm not too positive on that. But anyways, he said he was just experimenting. But from what I took from it, he lost his virginity or whatever to the guy.

So, a few weeks went by, and Logan stopped talking to him and everything. He spread it around the church that they slept together. So, he got teased and finally stopped going. Lucky for him, no one from the middle school went there, because the church was in another city. Otherwise, his life would've been hell."

I couldn't believe what I was hearing. Never in a million years would I think that Josh, of all people would ever have sex with a guy. And, to add onto that, he lost his virginity to a man. He's no better then me.

"Wow. That was, uh, certainly unexpected. But yeah dude. I promise I won't tell anyone. But now I guess I understand why he would beat up and tease all the gay people that went to our school. It kinda makes sense now," I said, running my fingers through my hair.

"Yeah. Still, he didn't have to treat anyone like that," Matt pulls his phone out of his pocket and, I assume, he checks the time.

"Hey Frank, thanks for studying with me. It really means a lot. And I hope there's no hard feelings between us. That's why I started talking to you a few weeks ago. I wanted to apologize. I hope you didn't think I was like, some random freak or whatever."

I shake my head, even though I really did think he was weird.

"No problem, man. This wasn't as bad as I thought. And trust me, no hard feelings. Actually, it means a lot that you apologized to me. Just too bad that no one else has the fucking balls to do what you did. Maybe there can be a friendship between us in the neat future," I say with a small smile. He returns my smile and we pack our things in silence before exchanging a few goodbyes and a hug.

Gerard was right. Matt is a pretty nice guy, and that making friends isn't such a bad thing after all. Actually, I can see myself hanging out with him in the future.
♠ ♠ ♠
Ha. Matt wasn't what you thought afterall? Some thought he'd kill Gerard or that he liked Frank. NEEOOOOPE.
This is a little longer, yeah?
Thanks for all the comments on the last chapter guys. That was the most I've gotten in a while. We also broke 600 readers. Before posting this, I was at 611.
Thanks for reading, everyone :3