Status: Title change. Because, let's be honest, the previous title was LAME. Haha.

Roommates

Forty.

Frank's POV:

Since my study session with Matt, things have been good between us. I can actually say that one of the dickholes who made my life hell in high school is a good friend of mine in college. Funny how things work out. Gerard gets along really well with him, too. I don't like to admit it, because I hate to say that people are right, but Gerard was 100% right about him. And that I really need to give people a chance. People do change, and sometimes it's for the better.

Maddie's pregnancy wasn't real after all. It was a false positive. She had her period 3 days later. I swear, I've never seen her that happy in my life. Gerard agrees. She said she's never having sex again until after she's married. She's never had that big of a scare before, and it definatly opened her eyes on the whole sex situation. She doesn't talk to Josh much anymore, except for when she told him she wasn't pregnant after all. He apologized and said he would like to work things out again and get back together with her, but she turned him down. She doesn't need to be with an asshole, anyways.

It's Friday right before spring break and tonight is when I finally get to introduce Gerard to the rest of my family. Well, my parents at least. I'm hoping that my uncle can stop by and eat with us, too. I really want him and Gerard to meet, and maybe he can make the whole dinner thing less awkward if it gets to that point. My dad is pretty blunt about things and my mom, well, she has her moments. I just don't want them to scare him away. He's really one of the only things in my life at this point who makes me happy.

"Frankie, my shits packed. How far along are you?" Gerard asked as he zipped his backpack shut.

"I've been done for a while," I reply quickly, patting the suitcase beside me.

"Hey," He says softly, "calm down. I'm sure everything will be okay. You've told me enough about your parents that I can expect anything. I'm not worried for what they have to say because I've heard it all before."

"I know. But that's not the point. They need to respect who I'm with and that they aren't going to change me. Or us. They can be complete assholes, and I don't want you to have to deal with all the negative comments that they may throw at you."

"As I said before, dear, I've heard it all before. I won't let it get to me. And, just to let you know, it won't have any negative affect on us. I love you so much and we've been through a lot. We can't throw it away just because your parents don't like me. Trust me," He smiles, kissing my cheek. I couldn't help but lower my head and hide my flushing cheeks.

"That makes me feel better. Anyways, I really hope my uncle can come. I really want you to meet him. He's probably one of the only family members I have who will definatly like you. You guys will get along great, I'm sure. He's pretty fucking awesome," I laugh. Gerard pecks my lips quickly and nods before grabbing his bags. He holds the dorm door open for me as we make our way out and down the hall.

The drive to my house was pretty quiet. I texted my uncle numerous times asking if he was coming or if he was already there. After about 20 minutes of anticipation, I finally get a response saying that he is already there and that everyone is just waiting for our arrival.

"Hell yes. You're able to meet my uncle," I say happily as Gerard makes a right and drives into our empty driveway. The only other cars that are there are my parents and my uncle's.

"That's great, babe. I can't wait," He smiles. He gets out of the car and walks to my side, opening the door for me. I blush, again, as I step out. I glance over at the house and see my mother standing in the doorway, her arms crossed, and my dad standing directly behind her. I can't tell if they are mad or not because they're too far away for me to see their faces, which worries me just a bit.

"Calm down, sweetie. I promise you that everything will be alright," Gerard whispers in my ear.

"I hope."

"Frank! Hey, kid. Let me help you with your bags," I hear my uncle yell as he pushes past my parents and jogs down the walk way towards us.

"So, this is Gerard. Looks like your type," he says, holding out his hand to grab Gerard's suitcase.

"The one and only, sir. You're just like Frank described you."

"Handsome and hilarious? Oh yes, I know. I get that a lot," He jokes.

"Yes. Well, Gerard this is my Uncle Lenny, and yeah, this is Gee," I smile stupidly.

"You guys are adorable, let me say. Oh, your parents. They seem in a good mood today. Let's just hope they have a major mood swing and ruin the night for everyone, yes?" My uncle raises an eyebrow before turning and making his way to the house with our bags.

"He's pretty cool. Now I see where you get it from," Gerard comments as he slaps my ass before walking towards the house. I shake my head and laugh quietly to myself as I follow close behind, keeping my eyes glued to my feet. I really didn't want to look at my parents. I wasn't too sure if they were really upset or not. I mean, yes, I know that my uncle said that they were in a good mood and all, but that doesn't mean a damn thing when it comes to them.

"Hello Mr. and Mrs. Iero. I'm Gerard Way. It's nice to meet you. Frank's told me a lot about you," I hear Gerard say.

"I'm pretty sure some of what our son has told you hasn't been pleasent," I hear my dad say. I look up and see my mom giving him a glare and turning back and smiling at Gerard.

"It's nice to meet you too, dear. Don't worry about what he just said."

"It's okay. Like it never even happened," Gerard turns to me and smiles.

"Hello Frank, dear. It's been a while. We've missed you," My mom says as she walks down the stairs and wraps her arms around me, giving me a tight hug.

"I know. It has. It's nice to see you in a good mood, mom."

"It's nice to be in one. Now, boys, let's get inside. Dinner is already set and on the table. So let's go and eat. Besides, Lenny has been bugging me about eating, but I told him we had to wait for you two."

I nod in agreement as we walk into the house. My dad and uncle were already sitting at the table, scooping some salad and vegatarian lasanga on their plates.

Gerard sits in the seat next to me as my mom sits in one next to my uncle and across from my dad. For the first few minutes we sit there in an awkward silence. I didn't realize my leg was shaking as bad as it was until Gerard rested his hand on my knee, trying to get me to stop.

"How many months have you two been together again?" My mom asks as she takes a small bite of lasagna.

"Almost 6." I reply.

"That's great. Any major fights between you two or have you been together the full on 6 months?"

"Full on 6 months."

"That's great. That really is. I'm proud of you. Couples usually fight a lot more. I was expecting an on again off again relationship," My mom smiles.

"We try to avoid fights," Gerard adds.

"Great."

"I don't want to make this awkard or anything, but it's been killing me and I really want to know because you are my son and all. Have you two had any? You know what I'm trying to ask, please don't make-"

"She wants to know whether or not you guys fucked," My uncle interupts, earning a glare from my mother for what I assume was from using the F word. I stare down at my plate and feel my face heat up, for the hundreth time today. Gerard snickers but doesn't answer.

"Take that as a yes," My uncle says. My mom coughs and lets out a small laugh. My dad doesn't say a word, which is unlike him.

The rest of dinner goes by smoothly. It went a lot better than I thought it would have. There weren't any negative comments except for the one my dad slipped out when we were at the door. He didn't say much at dinner, and I really didn't care. I would rather him keep his comments to himself and say nothing at all then say anything and potentially hurt feelings.

My mother seems to have lightened up on the whole, 'my son is gay' thing. She seems more accepting than before. And I am more surprised than anything about that. My uncle must have talked to her before me and Gerard got here, but I'm going to leave it alone.

When everyone was finished with dinner, I gave Gerard a short tour of the house, then took our bags upstairs to my room where we would spend half the break, then spend the rest over at Gerard's with Mikey before we had to head back to school.

"Tonight went better than you though, huh sugar?" he asks as we lyed on the bed staring up at the two lone band posters that hung on my ceiling.

"Much."

"I told you not to worry."

"I know. You were right."

"Aren't I always?"
♠ ♠ ♠
OMG, sorry for the long wait. I've been through a lot the last few months and hadn't really had time to write. So, I am happy that all of you stuck with me. I have 199 subs for this story, which I'm surprised.

Anyways, I get to see Mindless Self Indulgence March 28th xD With my mom. I can't wait to see her face. Plus I got my septum pierced in December.

Thanks for sticking with me and reading. The next update is unknown.