Status: Title change. Because, let's be honest, the previous title was LAME. Haha.

Roommates

Forty- Four

Frank's pov :

I got to the dorm just to discover that it was empty and that Gerard hadn't returned from class yet. I threw my bag onto the floor beside my old bed and I sat on the edge. The reason why I call it my 'old bed' is because I sleep with Gerard every night in his. We usually just use this bed for clothes or just throwing whatever onto it.

I reached into my pants pocket and pulled out my almost empty pack of cigarettes. I retrieved my lighter from the small pouch on the side of my bag. Opening the pack and sticking the second to last stick in my mouth, I lit it and threw the lighter and pack behind me onto the cluttered bed. I inhaled the smoke deeply and blew out a long, white line. I watched it spread and disappear into the air. I ran my fingers through my oily hair. I haven't washed it in 3 days. Luckily we have an assload of body spray in our bathroom I can douse myself in every morning before class. Quick and simple and seems to get the job done.

I finished the cigarette and got up and walked towards the window. I put out the burning end on the window sill and threw the butt out the window. If Gerard was here he would have yelled at me and lectured me on how that isn't right, and he would've gestured to the ash tray on the bed side table. And just like every other time, I wouldn't have listened.

I tapped my fingers against the window sill. God, I cant wait till im out of this place. I just want to sleep until noon and stay up all night without homework. College life, I've discovered, just isn't for me. The only good thing that came out of this year was meeting my love. Honestly he's the best thing to have happened to me, ever. He's brought out the best of me. I could never thank him enough. Which, is why this summer, to an extent, will suck. I have spent almost every day with this man. Falling asleep next to him and waking up every morning in his warm embrace. I don't think I can get used to waking up alone every morning, or falling asleep the same.

I don't want to go back to my parents place, either. Thankfully, my Uncle got me a job at the local record store, just a few blocks from his house. He's gotten me a summer job and he's allowing me to spend the summer with him. Im wanting to save the money I make from the job to get my own place, and hopefully Gerard will agree to move in with me.

I've also had a lot of thought on the next school year. I don't think I want to come back for my sophomore year. I've gotten the taste of the college life and its not to my liking. I can't handle the stress of classwork and the mountains of homework and the stress of finals and exams. I never liked it in high school, and I sure as hell don't like it now. In fact, I hate it even more. Besides, I can focus on getting an all year round job, whether it be at the record store or not. I could get a steady income and just work. College would just drain more money and get me into deeper debt. My freshman year funds will be paid off by Uncle Lenny. He's offered to help pay it off. I can't thank him enough. He wont be alone, though. My parents of course are helping. But they wont be too pleased when they hear of my decision to quit college. Its just not for me. You can't force it upon me.

I also worry what Gerard will say. God, I'm an asshole for even considering leaving him alone here next fall. I know for a fact he wont drop out along with me. I won't let him, either. He can get an amazing art career, as long as he doesn't give up now. I just hope he won't be too pissed off at me.

I heard the door open and shut again. I turned around to see Gee throw his backpack onto the bed, an envelope in his right hand.

"Got a smoke?" He asked.

"One left. Somewhere on the bed. My lighter should be there too."

He nodded and searched and found them. He lit the cigarette and threw the pack towards the small white trashcan on the floor at the end of the bed. He misses and it bounces off the rim and lands on the floor beside it.

"Frankie, I need to talk to you," he said emotionlessly. I swallowed. Does he know? Did he sense it?

Now was my time to let it out.

"Yea, Gee, I gotta talk to you too."

He looked up at me and blew out a smoke ring. God, it's hot when he does that. My friend in my pants twitched so I thought of other stuff to get my mind off of it. Distract myself. Now definitely wasn't the time.

"Go for it," he sighed, leaning back into the bed and inhaling again.

I bit my bottom lip and sat on the end of our bed.

"I've been thinking lately. A lot, actually." Gerard sat up and eyed me curiously.

"About?"

"This. School, I mean."

"Really?" He took another puff.

"Yea. Its just, uh," I scratched the back of my head, "not for me."

He looked taken back. "Really?" He asked again.

"Yes. I don't think I'm gunna come back next year."

Gerard took the long, last drag of his cigarette. He blew out a long white line and a few smoke rings to follow. He put out the cigarette on his shoe, threw the butt towards the can, and missed. He kept constant eye contact with me the whole time. He smiled.

"Really? I thought this, too. It's okay, baby. Calm yourself, don't look so worried."

"Oh, um-" he cut me off. He tossed the white envelope towards me, and it landed on my lap. It was addressed to him, from Yale.

"They want me this fall. Yale. If I accept I'd go to New Haven for my remaining years of school. They have the #1 art program for painting and drawing. And they want me," he laughed. I smiled.

"That's great, babe. It really is. So you're going?"

"I believe so. I can't turn it down. But that's what I wanted to talk to you about. I wasn't gunna go without your approval. But since you're not coming back next year, this makes this a whole lot easier."

He smirked.

"Uh, yea. Go for it. Sounds awesome," I say before Gerard gets up coming towards me, and locking his lips with mine.
♠ ♠ ♠
wow, 2 in one week. Do you like where this is going?
With the direction it's heading there may be more chapters or a sequel, but I dont know.

You feedback and thoughts would be greatly appreciated.