Status: <3 R.I.P. The Rev <3

Irony Isn't Humoring

1/1

Zacky laughed as I tried to play his Acoustic. “Shush,” I said under my breath as I messed up again.

He chuckled again. “Here. Let me help.” He put his beer down and came over to sit beside me. He sat between my legs and took the guitar onto his lap. “Alright, put your fingers here,” He commanded, softly, moving my fingers to the neck. “Hold down.” He strummed the strings once and then moved my fingers again. “And then there.”

I smiled over my shoulder at him and he smiled back. “Look at that,” I murmured inching closer to him. “We’re good at playing the guitar together.”

He chuckled. “Yea. Otherwise you suck.” He smiled brightly and I stuck my tongue out at him.

“Whatever… Loser.”

He chuckled again and pulled my body closer to him.

Oh, how this boy changed my life. Some say he changed it for worst, but I beg to differ. Before him, I thought guys were just dicks, who did anything they could to get in girls pants. Sure, Jimmy didn’t do that, but still. At times, I needed personal experiences and I wasn’t going to date my brother.

Zacky and Jimmy and a few of their other friends made a band together after high school. I supported my older brother with anything he did, so I was along for the ride. I didn’t do anything for the band, but I was a fan. I was at every performance. I was, more or less, the mother of the group. Matt and Brian had labeled me that. And by default, considering the rest of them were immature retards, Zacky was named “father” of the group.

Zacky had told me that, after getting the label “father”, Jimmy talked to him about it and said something along the lines of “if you hurt my sister, you die.” Which I found to be sweet.

We had officially been together for three years, but really we’ve been dating for two years before that. That all added to how long I’ve actually known him, Zacky and I have had lots of time together. We’ve learned our flaws and insecurities. But we’ve also had fun times. Alone and with the group.

With the group it was things like him opening a beer bottle with his flip-flop or saying random things at the end of Brian talking. I recorded most of the stupid things we did. Like, Jimmy chasing after “Stallion Duck” or Brian on the floor drunk off his ass telling people that you use your “bum-bum” to play the guitar and not your neck.

To say I know some special people is an understatement. They were really special.

“I love you,” Zacky murmured in my ear.

I smiled and leaned against him. “I don’t know… Someone keeps making fun of me,” I joked. “Do I love him?” I looked deep in thought; pursed lips, looking into space, and my fingers on my chin.

Zacky put his guitar on the coffee table before tickling me. “You’d better love me,” He said, straddling me so I couldn’t get away from him tickling me.

I could only laugh. I shook my head. “Nope,” I giggled out.

“Hm… Maybe we should go swimming.” He smirked down at me. I shook my head, vigorously. It was cold outside! Really, really cold! “Do you love me?”

“Yes!” I shouted over my giggles.

“Say it,” He taunted, still tickling me.

“I love you, Zacky!”

He smiled and stopped tickling me, but still stayed straddling me. “I love you too.” He pressed a kiss to my lips and smiled at me.

I smiled back. I leaned forward to kiss him.

“Marry me,” He murmured.

“What?”

“Marry me, Jenna. I love you and I wanna be with you forever. Marry me.” He pulled something out of his pocket and sat back on his legs to open it.

I barely glanced at it. I looked into Zacky’s eyes. “You’re serious?” I asked.

He nodded. “Of course.”

I grinned. “Well, I don’t know,” I said, trailing off. He looked worried for a second so I sat up and kissed him. “I will marry you, Zachary James Baker.”

He grinned. “Good thing, Jenna Marie Sullivan.” He put the ring on my left ring finger.

I wound my arms around his neck and tangled my fingers in his hair before lightly laying my lips on his. He rested his hands on my waist and we deepened the kiss.

Then the door slammed open. Zacky and I pulled away and looked over to see Matt standing there.

“What’s wrong?” Zacky asked.

“Jimmy,” He said, swallowing. “You guys need to come to Jimmy’s.”

I quickly walked over to Matt. “Matt, what happened?” I asked. “Tell me,” I demanded.

He shook his head. “Come on.” I shook my head before slipping my flip-flops on and was out the door before either of the boys were following.

As soon as we were all in the car, Matt drove to Jimmy’s house. I’m pretty sure he was speeding, but I didn’t care. Before Matt even parked I jumped out of the car and ran into the house and to his room. He was on the bed, motionless.

I ran to his side and immediately put my head on his chest, even though I knew there’d be no pulse. I felt tears leak from my eyes and land on his shirt. I barely noticed Zacky, Matt, Brian, and Johnny in the room. I was pouring my eyes out onto my brother’s shirt.

“Jenna,” Zacky murmured behind me. He hugged me slightly.

“He’s– why… Why did he do this?” I questioned, hiccupping a few times.

I turned into Zacky and he held me. He pet my hair down and rocked me back and forth. “Shush,” He hushed me, quietly.

I couldn’t stop crying.

–––

My brother… James Own Sullivan. Jimmy “The Rev” Sullivan. Stallion Duck chaser.

…I miss him every day I live on.

Zacky and I found out I was pregnant in May of 2010. The due date was estimated December 24th.

We found out that the baby was a boy and decided his name would be James. In honor of his deceased uncle, one of the greatest men to ever live.

James was born December 28th, 2010. The same day my brother had died.

A life was taken that day and given a year later the same day.

Irony isn’t humoring.