Status: Getting Back Into It!

Is This Really Happening?

Chapter 1

"Hey Jean, guess what?" Dad asked as he knocked on my bedroom door. I was in the middle of doing my calculus homework.

"What, Dad?" I asked, a little annoyed. I didn't like being bothered very much. I was an 18 year old girl; I reveled in my privacy.

"Remember how the Blackhawks auctioned off a chance to be a Blackhawk for a day?" he asked, coming into my room.

"Yeah, what about it?" I asked, turning around in my desk chair to face him.

"Well, I got it!" I just looked at him silently. "Why aren't you excited?"

"Because it has nothing to do with me," I said simply. "I don't get to meet any of them. You do."

"Actually, that's where you're wrong. I talked to a few of the executives of the team, told them how big a fan you are, and they said I could bring you with me!" I just stared at him blankly again.

"Seriously?" I asked, finally finding my voice.

"Yes."

"You're taking me with you?"

"Yes I am."

"Why? I wouldn't have anything to do. No one would talk to me."

"Do you want to come or not?" he asked, getting a little frustrated himself.

"Yes, I want to come. When is it?"

"It's on August 6th, about 2 weeks before we get you moved into school. Sound good?" It was Saturday, May 14th today. Mom's birthday. Dad was taking her to a concert tonight.

"Yeah, that sounds good. So, am I not allowed to tell anyone about this then?"

"Yeah, don't tell anybody. I don't want any of your friends hounding you, asking you to get them all autographs. So, since Mom and I are going to that concert tonight, what do you and Paul want for dinner? It's gonna be early, we have to be leaving by about 5:00."

"Um, I think we agreed on Hotdog Express."

"Alright, I'll go get your food at about 4:30 then. Finish up the homework now," He said, leaving my room and closing the door behind him.

"Finish up the homework now," I mimicked in a high-pitched voice once he was gone.

Monday---

"Hey Lisa. How was your weekend?" I asked as I put my backpack in the locker and grabbed my gym clothes.

"Awesome! I picked up my prom dress after school on Friday."

"Oh yeah, that's right. How does it look now that you had the train cut off?" I asked, pulling on my shorts.

"It looks and fits so much better now. I still can't believe you're not going to prom!" she shouted as we left the locker room and headed into the gym.

"Sorry! I just think it's a waste of time and money. And no one asked me anyway."

"So? It's our senior year! You have to go to prom," she argues. At this point our teacher was taking attendance.

"Hey! I'm going to Senior Breakfast, and I'm wearing a dress. And I almost never wear dresses."

"Whatever. You're weird Jean!" Lisa said, laughing. We started making our way outside, because the class was playing softball.
♠ ♠ ♠
In the summary, that was my real personality.
I can't decide if I want to put the few things I was going to have Jean do over the summer before the Blackhawks, so tell me if you think I should.
If no one wants me to, I won't, even if it will make the story longer if I do.
Comment yes or no please!