Status: Getting Back Into It!

Is This Really Happening?

Chapter 10

Just as we approached Palace Grill I felt my phone vibrate. I pulled it out of my pocket and saw that I had gotten a text message 3 hours ago. It was from Dad.

"Huh."

"What?" Jon asked, turning to me.

"Dad texted me 3 hours ago."

"What did he say?" he asked, pulling me to him and wrapping his arms around my waist from behind.

"It says, 'I already went home, so Jonathan will either take you home or let you stay the night at his place. Be safe.' " I turned my head and looked up at him. He just smiled. "Really?"

"Yup. But it's up to you if you want to go home or just stay with me. You feel like sitting in a car for a good 45 minutes to an hour?" he asked, kissing my nose lightly.

"Definitely not. I feel like if I sit down I won't get up again until tomorrow," I said as we started walking again, our fingers laced once more.

"Alrighty then. Off to my condo!" he shouted, walking a little faster.

"Hold on a minute. I have a better idea," I said, pulling on his arm to get him to stop walking.

"And what would that be?" he asked, walking over to me and poking my nose lightly. I took a step back and threw my arms in the air.

"Carry me," I whined. He just laughed at me.

"And why would I do that?"

"Because I'm your girlfriend and you know you want to," I said as he picked me up bridal style.

"But you've only been my girlfriend for an hour," he whined as he walked to his condo. He had lent his car to Kaner, so we had, well he had, to walk.

"So? YOU asked ME to be in this relationship," I said as we passed a Giordano's restaurant. "Wait, stop!" I shouted.

"What?" he asked, surprised that I just yelled for him to stop walking so suddenly.

"Can we stop here and eat real quick? I'm hungry, and it's way past dinner time."

"I guess, but you're walking yourself in there Missy," he said, putting me down.

"That's fine. I just want food," I said, taking his hand and walking into the restaurant.

We were seated in the back of the restaurant so we could have a little privacy as we ate.

The privacy didn't last long though. A few minutes after we got our pizza, a little boy and his dad came up to the table.

"Excuse me, Mr. Toews," the little boy said shyly, "can I please have your autograph?" Jon just smiled widely.

"Absolutely. What's your name little man?" he asked, taking his pen and notebook from him and opening to a blank page.

"Alex," the boy replied shyly.

"To Alex, my #1 fan," Jon said as he wrote, "keep the Blackhawks faith, and hope to see you at the Madhouse soon. Your friend, Jonathan Toews." He then gave Alex back his pen and notebook with a big smile on his face.

"Can we just get a picture real quick?" the dad asked.

"Sure you can," Jon replied happily. I just watched them take the picture with a smile on my face. I felt myself falling for Jon with every nice thing he did.

"Thank you," Alex said as he and his dad walked away. The Jon turned to me, and I still had a smile on his face.

"What?"

"Nothing. That was just really precious. You're so good with kids."

"Thanks. Let's finish up and head back to my place. It's getting late."

"Alright. I'm really tired anyway," I said, taking a last bite of pizza.
♠ ♠ ♠
Today was my last day of high school, so I'm celebrating with a new chapter!!
Comments?