Status: Getting Back Into It!

Is This Really Happening?

Chapter 6

Normal P.O.V.---

"Hey Jean-o!" Dad shouted over to me. I turned to look at him and saw that he was sitting with Jonathan. 'Oh shit!' I thought to myself. "Come here!" he said, motioning for me to go over there.

I slowly got out of my seat and walked over, looking at the floor as I went. When I looked up, I saw Jonathan looking at me. "What?" I asked.

"Are you done eating?"

"I've been done," I said flatly.

"Oh, good. Because we all need to head over to Johnny's Ice House for practice now," he said as everyone stood up.

"Oh, okay," I replied, going back to my table to grab my phone and iPod.

As we got to the car, Dad stopped me. "There's actually no room for you in the car, sweety."

"Seriously?" I said, getting a little fed up with him.

"I'm sorry sweetheart. A few guys want to see it since I talked about it during breakfast," he said as Duncan Keith, Patrick Sharp, Brent Seabrook and Brian Campbell walked up. They all looked at me apologetically.

"So what am I supposed to do?" I shouted angrily. I was his daughter. Wasn't he supposed to take care of me?

"Get a ride from someone," he said simply, getting into the car.

"Whatever. I'll walk," I huffed, turning on my heels and heading out of the parking garage.

"You don't know the way!" he shouted after me.

"So? I'll find it!" I screamed back, not turning around.

I left the parking garage and thought to myself, 'oh shit. Where do I go?' I just started walking in the direction the team was going, hoping I would find the rink. I walked for a while until I heard a car stop next to me. I looked at it and the window rolled down. "Do you need a ride?" It was Jonathan Toews.

"Really? You, of all people, would give a girl like me a ride?" I asked, a little dumbfounded. I had the chance to ride in a car with the man of my dreams.

"Sure. You're Paul's daughter. Someone has to be responsible for you."

"Oh gee, thanks," I grumbled sadly.

"No, no! I didn't mean it that way! I just meant that I don't get why your own father didn't give you a ride."

"Yeah, you and me both," I mumbled.

"Come on, get in."

"Really? Are you sure? You're gonna be late for practice."

"Positive. And you're a little more important than practice," he said and smiled. I smiled back and got in the car. "I don't think I ever introduced myself. Hi, I'm Jonathan Toews," he said, offering me his hand. I shook it with a huge smile on my face. He was smiling, too.

"Hi, I'm Jean Komis. Nice to meet you Jonathan Toews." We stopped shaking hands, but he still held my hand in his. He then brought it up to his face and kissed it gently. I started blushing a little, so I looked away.

"The pleasure is all mine, Miss Komis." He then pulled away from the curb and drove to Johnny's Ice House.

The car ride was quiet, but I didn't mind. I was still swooning and my hand was still tingling from the kiss. When our hands touched, I could've sworn that I felt a spark, like when someone shocks you.

In a matter of minutes we pulled into the rink's parking lot. Jonathan put the car in park, turned it off, and turned to me. "Can I just say something real quick?" he asked nervously.

"Sure," I said, a little uneasy.

"I just wanted to say that I think you're very pretty, and that I would love to get to know you better." With that, he got out of the car and went to practice.