Status: Getting Back Into It!

Is This Really Happening?

Chapter 8

Normal P.O.V.----

"Hey Jean!" I thought I heard Dad calling me, so I took my headphones out and turned around. There he was sitting at the bar with Kane, Keith, Seabrook, Sharp and Jonathan. He was waving his hand at me, so I got up and went over there.

"What?" I asked in an annoyed tone.

"What are you doing sitting all the way over there in the corner?"

"Sitting. Listening to my iPod. Waiting for you," I said flatly.

"Well, grab a seat," he said.

"I was gonna stay over there. I'll order here, but I'm going back there."

"Why are you being so difficult?"

"How am I being difficult!? I'm trying to stay out of the way! This is your day, not mine!" I took a quick glance over at Jonathan, who seemed to be staring at me.

"You know what, fine. Do what you want. I don't give a shit anymore."

"Fine," I said softly, my eyes tearing up. I think Jonathan noticed, but I didn't really care. I just turned around and headed back to my table.

A little while later I was finished with lunch; I had a Heart Stopper. I decided to go for a walk to clear my head.

"Dad, I'm gonna go for a walk."

"Fine." So I headed out the door. I didn't know where to go, so I just walked down the same street the restaurant was on.

After about 5 minutes I heard someone shouting my name.

Jonathan's P.O.V.---

Jean had been gone for a little while, and I was getting worried. A girl shouldn't walk the streets of Chicago by herself. Then I felt a tap on my shoulder.

"You know, now's the perfect time to talk to her," Paul whispered. "If you can find her, of course," he whispered to me as he finished his lunch. "Go."

With that I got out of my seat and went out the door. When I got outside, I looked to my left and right. 'She couldn't have gotten that far,' I thought to myself. Then I spotted her, about 2 blocks away. I immediately started jogging after her.

"Jean!" I shouted, hoping she'd hear me. She must have, because she stopped walking and waited for me to catch up.

Normal P.O.V.----

"Jean!" I heard someone shout. I knew the voice immediately; it was Jonathan. I stopped walking and waited for him to catch up to me.

"Hi Jon. What are you doing?"

"Walking with you," he said as we started walking.

"I can see that, but why?"

"Like I said before, I want to get to know you. Can I take you somewhere where we can just talk?"

"Sure. I'd like that," I replied. He smiled and entwined his hand in mine. He took me to Millennium Park.

"So, what do you want to know?" I asked as we sat down under a tree.

"Well, your dad said you're going off to college in a few weeks. Where are you going?"

"I'm going to Iowa State University to study meteorology."

"Wow. That's pretty far away. Why there? Will I ever get to see you again?" he asked sadly.

"I don't know, but I really hope so. But it's such a great opportunity for me." We just sat there and talked for hours. We talked about everything you could think of; music, movies, food, everything. Before we knew it, it was almost dark.

"I should get back and find my dad," I said sadly, standing up. Jon pulled me back down, into his lap.

"Just let me do something before I take you back, just in case we never see each other again." The next thing I knew, his lips were crashing onto mine.
♠ ♠ ♠
BTW, the Iowa State and meteorology part is actually true :)
I will be going there this fall! So excited!