The Prince and the Girl

CHAPTER 1

A bright sunny morning. Gillian pushed back the white covers of her bed and set her feet firmly on the floor. Today is the day. Today is the day that she is meeting to of the most influential men in all of the world. But, she can't be nervous. Nope; you cannot do good business if you're nervous.

Gillian could have been an actress. From a young age, she had mastered the look of confidence. She was able to compensate for that which she was lacking the most: self-esteem. She managed to somehow maintain an assured, polished and sophisticated air, even on those days when she was falling apart inside. Which was most days.

She had laid out her outfit several weeks ago, when she had received the royal phone call. She dressed herself in a blue skirt, coming just above the knee and tucked a sheer white tank top in. She methodically brushed her teeth, applied her minimal makeup and combed her hair. Finally, Gillian grabbed her white leather jacket in which she knew she would be sweltering on a day like today. She didn't care; the look was totally worth it.

Gillian was tall and very thin with wide curved hips. Her hair was long and mouse brown with natural waves. She was not unattractive, but she did not consider herself to be a beauty queen, with her high cheek bones and green blue eyes. When she smiled, you could see that she had one tooth that was smaller and more triangular; a vampire tooth. She regretted now her childhood decision to not have it fixed.

She made her way to her kitchen, on her way, greeting the numerous staff whom she employed. Most of those who lived with Gillian were employed for the purpose of household maintenance, but there were a few - those with whom Gillian was the closest - who worked with her to make the wine.

She was a winemaker and vineyard owner. Gillian owned one of the most expansive vineyards in England, a vineyard which produced the best wines in all of the British Commonwealth, or so some claimed. And today is the day. Today is the day that she could become royally certified as the best in the business. Today, their Royal Highnesses Prince William, the Duke of Cambridge and Prince Harry of Wales were coming to sample wines, tour the vineyard and hopefully, buy. Buy buy buy cases of Gillian's best wines for Her Royal Highness Catherine, the Duchess of Cambridge. Apparently, they were throwing her a surprise 30th birthday party.

They were to arrive at 10.00 o'clock of the morning and it was only 6.30. Gillian spent the majority of the morning inspecting the winemaking facilities and the grounds to ensure they were in the best of shape. The hours passed by much to quickly for Gillian's liking and soon, the royal car pulled up in front of her vineyard manor.

Not wanting to seem too eager, Gillian let Iris answer the door.

"Hello, I'm Iris, head winemaker. Welcome to Contessa Vineyards, Your Royal Highnesses. It's a pleasure to have you here."

Prince WIlliam shook her hand willingly; Gillian took this as her cue to enter. She proceeded down the stairs which as much grace as she could muster.

"Your Highnesses, it's a pleasure!" She shook with enthusiasm both of the Prince's hands.

"Thank you very much for agreeing to have us, I know we're probably causing a hassle." The elder Prince remarked.

Gillian laughed, "Oh, not at all. Trust me, this visit has made my social life skyrocket." There was a collective laughter, and then Gillian suggested they begin a tour of the winemaking facilities.

This is what the next hour was spent doing. Gillian found the company of the two Princes to be more relaxing than nerve wracking, as she had expected. They were relatable, funny and easy going. By the end of the tour, she was on a first name basis with them both; they felt like old friends.

They sat down around 11.00 to discuss business. The Princes were quite satisfied with what they had seen and informed Gillian that she was the one. Gillian felt a sense of elation shoot through her. Imagine, the royal family, drinking her wine! This day could not get any better. William and Harry decided on ordering five cases of 10 bottles of wine; the party would be relatively small. To avoid any detection of the party plans by Kate, Harry was to come by in two weeks to pick up the crates.

Gillian walked the two Princes to their car parked out front of her house. She shook William's hand warmly, thanking him again. She then turned to Harry.

She found Harry looking at her intensely, his lips parted slightly to reveal his two front teeth.

"Thank you for a wonderful day, and I look forward to meeting you again." He said slowly. He took her hand to shake it and Gillian felt an intense warmth on her palm.

"As am I."
♠ ♠ ♠
I hope you like it! This is my first attempt at a fanfiction so please, all comments are welcome :) This is just to set the whole background and everything, but we'll get into the good stuff in the next chapter!! ;)