The Prince and the Girl

Epilogue

Screams and cries filled Gillian’s ears as the car pulled up to the Abbey. Her sister sat next to her, dressed in a beautiful white dress. Their hands were clasped in Gillian’s lap.

“Ready?” Sarah asked with a smile.

“As I’ll ever be.” Gillian said through her veil.

Sarah smiled. “I’ll go first.” She knocked on the window and the door was opened for her by a man wearing an ornate uniform. The cheering became immensely louder and Gillian tensed herself in preparation.

She felt a strange mixture of excitement and nerves as she slid across the seat to the door of the car. The man held his hand out to her and she took it, only hesitating slightly. Somehow, her foot found the red carpet that covered the ground and she stepped out, smiling. A huge roar erupted from the crowd and camera flashes illuminated the church wall in front of her.

The dress tumbled out of the car behind her and Sarah walked around behind her to straighten the train. The wind blew her veil into her face and she felt her loose hair being lifted by the wind to reveal her neck. She smiled, bouquet in one hand, and she waved with the other.

•••

The next months passed quickly as Gillian and Harry settled. They looked into buying a house on their own, but ended up living on the vineyard. Gillian’s size grew rapidly following the wedding. At three months, her pregnancy had still been almost undetectable upon sight. Soon, she and Kate began to grow, and they spent much of their time together.

Gillian gave birth on July 29th to a little baby girl, named Charlotte. She had small wisps of what appeared to be red hair and she cried incessantly whenever Harry left the room. She quieted only when Gillian sang to her, or when Harry’s arms found her. The bliss of the family was documented by every newspaper, every tabloid, some of them picking up on the fact that she was a little too large to have been born premature. But it didn’t seem to matter.

Kate followed in the next week with a baby boy, named Albert. She and William were visibly happy. It was strange for Gillian to hold the child in her arms, knowing that he would someday be King.

•••

It was early one morning when Gillian heard the screen door of the patio open. She looked out the window; it was misty outside.

As she went downstairs to investigate, Gillian threw on her overcoat. Looking through the door way, she realised that Harry was standing out on the patio, a bundle in his arms.

“My dear Chachi, this is where it all began.” He whispered quietly.

Gillian smiled and came to stand beside him, looking over at their young daughter, wrapped in a wooly blanket, half asleep in her father’s arms.

“This is where I met your mother.” He continued. “You know, I didn’t love her from the first moment I met her.”

Gillian smirked at Harry playfully. “It was mutual.”

“Let me finish!” Harry laughed before turning back to Charlotte. “No, I didn’t love her right away. But I did know that I was in serious danger of it if I spent any more time with. And so, I made sure I did.”

Harry leaned down and kissed the baby’s forehead. She reached up, and with her tiny hand, touched his chin.

“I love you.” Harry said to his young daughter, and then turned to his wife. “And I love you.”

Gillian smiled as a tear of joy trickled down her cheek.

“I love you both so much.”
♠ ♠ ♠
AN: well that’s it … for Gillian. i hope you all had as much fun with her as i did. it means a lot to me that there are some of you who are still reading, even after this huge wait. i do have another story planned with a very sassy heroine. stay tuned, first chapter coming out may 31st! love you all very much! xxxxxx s.