Status: Completed :)

Hidden in the Shadows

Chapter Nineteen

March 14th, 2011
Monday
Milan’s Parents House, Boston, MA
8:30 P.M.

“Get him Milan!” yelled Nikola as he watched his brother clobber a Buffalo player. The Lucic family, Jasmiina and Sheena all sat around the TV watching the Bruins play. It was a few minutes into the second period and Milan was in a vicious fight. He dropped the opposing player to the ice with a hard punch to the face. The room filled with cheers as Milan was escorted to the penalty box. Raina lay on the couch, trying hard to keep her eyes open. Pregnancy was exhausting but she was determined to stay awake for the rest of the game. Her eyes would slowly drift shut and then she’d reopen them. Jasmiina sat with Sheena in the love seat next to her and noticed her sleepiness.

“You should really go to sleep if you’re tired.” Said a still bandaged Jasmiina.

“No I’m staying awake,” she said. The sound of the TV seemed distant as she fell into a light slumber.

"Hey Raina wake up, it's time for bed." Raina came to about an hour later when the game ended.

"What's going on?" she said slowly sitting up and looking around.

"The game's over, time for bed." Said Jasmiina who was standing over her.

"Who won?" she asked.

"The Bruins, 4-2." Raina stood up and made her way towards the stairs with Jasmiina. When she got upstairs she felt extremely groggy and climbed back under the covers on bed. She felt like not answering when her phone vibrated on the nightstand but knew Milan always called her after games. She reached over with her eyes still closed and searched for it with her hand. She opened it up and answered it in speaker phone.

"Hey," she said. As expected, she heard Milan's deep voice answer her.

"Hey babe you sound tired."

"Ya," she said feeling a bit like a zombie as she forced herself to sit up and open her eyes. "I only saw about half the game before I fell asleep."

"Good you need sleep," she smiled and said

"I can't wait for you to come up and see the house I like. How's Brittany been acting?"

"She's been no problem." said Milan, hating that he was lying to her. "She hasn't been much trouble."

"Good," said Raina. "I'm gonna go to bed I'm so exhausted." The two said goodnight to each other and Raina slid back under the covers and fell asleep.
The next morning all three girls slept in because Nikola had an early morning class and his parents were at work. Raina woke up at 10:00 feeling extremely well rested. She lay in bed for a bit, listening to the birds outside the window before heading downstairs. Jasmiina was the only one sitting at the table eating when she got into the kitchen.

“Is it Wednesday yet?” said Raina with a tired grin.

“Nope Monday,” said Jasmiina.

“What do you want to do today?”

“I don’t know,” said Raina. She looked around the kitchen and a picture on the wall caught her eye. It was of a Milan playing hockey for the Vancouver Giants. “We could see if there’s a Giants game going on tonight?”

“Giants?” asked Jasmiina.

“Ya, Milan’s junior team the Vancouver Giants.”

“Sure, we could go out and walk around a bit beforehand.”

The girls spent the day in the city and then at 6:00 went back to the house to get ready for the game.

"I'll just wear a Bruins Lucic jersey and they'll love me." said Raina.

"If they knew you were carrying his children they'd probably worship you." laughed Jasmiina. Raina smiled and pulled the Lucic jersey over her round belly. Jasmiina and Sheena wore regular clothes. They drove to the Pacific Coliseum and got there just in time for the game to start.

"I'm surprised nobody's dropped to kiss your stomach yet," Laughed Jasmiina, "The people here will want your children."

"Do they really love Milan that much?" said Sheena.

"Oh yes," said Raina. "He became the Giant's captain but never got to play in the position because he was drafted by the Bruins." The three took their seats and Raina decided to go buy some fries. While standing in line she heard a voice say

"Oh my god are you Lucic's wife?!" Raina turned around to see a teenage girl looking up at her. She was tempted to say no but instead said

"Yes,"

"Congratulations on your baby! I'm a huge fan of Milan! He's like a God around here."

Thanks," said Raina smiling, happy that the she wasn't some crazy fangirl.

"Is he here now?" she said, looking around seeming starstruck.

"No he's back in Boston. I'm here to see some of his family." Raina was next in line and bought the fries and said to the girl, "It was nice meeting you,"

"You too, good luck with your baby!" Raina headed back to her seat. Sheena saw her sit down with the extra large can of fries.

"My god Raina you're going to eat that all yourself?"

"French fries are my newest craving, remember I'm feeding two other people here." Sheena smiled and the puck dropped on the ice.

Raina felt her phone vibrate and she saw Milan was calling. She answered and said excitedly

"Guess where I am?"

"Where?"

"At a Giant's game, we got bored and decided that we'd go."

"Are they winning?" Asked Milan.

"The game just started it's still 0-0. What time will you be coming up tomorrow?" she said.

"As soon as I can," said Milan. "I'll probably be there around 11:00 in the morning."

"Good I can't wait to see you," she said.

"Sleep in and I'll get into bed with you before you wake up." he said.

"Then we can go see the house together?!" He laughed and said

"Yes we can go see the house."

"Anything new about the attacker?" she asked.

"No not yet,"

"So I won't be going home anytime soon?" she said sadly.

"I'm sorry Ray," he said.

"It's fine, I-" As she was talking the crowd jumped up and cheered loudly and a horn sounded. She realized the Giants had scored and she forgot what she was saying to Milan and began to cheer.

"Did they score?" asked Milan.

"Ya," she yelled over the loud cheers.

"I'll let you watch the game, call me back after it's over." They said goodbye to each other and Raina turned her focus back onto the game.

Two and a half hours later the girls got back to the house to find everyone asleep. They were quiet as they went to bed. Raina made sure to call Milan back and tell him that the Giants had won and say goodnight. When she lay down to sleep she was in a good mood, knowing that tomorrow morning Milan would be there with her.
__________________________________________________
Thanks for reading :) Please comment.

Here's a picture of the house Raina likes.

School just got out so expect my updates to speed up :)