Status: Completed :)

Hidden in the Shadows

Chapter Twenty-One

March 17th, 2011
Thursday
Killarney Secondary School, Vancouver, BC, Canada
3:00 P.M.

"So this is your old school?"

"Yup," he said. It was 3:00 in the afternoon and Milan and Raina were standing in front of Killarney Secondary School. "School got out at 2:30 so we'll be alone except for the teachers and janitors. They walked into the lobby and Milan was right, everything was quiet. Milan brought her to the cafeteria, the auditorium, and the gym before bringing her to a classroom.

"I'm going to introduce you to my favorite teacher." said Milan. When they walked in Raina saw a woman with her back turned to them, sitting at a desk.

"Mrs. Cook?" he said. The woman turned and saw Milan and said

"Oh my God Milan!" The woman looked to be around her late thirties early forties. She had blonde hair piled up in a bun on her head and glasses. She got up and gave Milan a hug. She obviously taught math as the whiteboard had several algebraic formulas on it. "Who's this?" she said turning her focus to Raina.

"My soon to be wife Raina."

"Congratulations on the wedding and baby!" She turned back to Raina and said " I'm Linda Cook, I was Milan's old algebra teacher."

"My favorite teacher ," said Milan smiling.

"So when are you getting married? And when is the baby due?"

"Our wedding is in early April and we're having twins which are due in early August."

"I'm so happy for you both." she said. She turned to Milan and said " So how's Boston been?"

"Really good, the Bruins are an awesome team."

"I watched a game on TV you play very well," she said smiling.

"Thanks," he said. Milan walked across the room looking around with a smile on his face. "I remember being here in junior year."

"You were always well behaved, but you had your class clown moments." she said.

"I remember sitting in the back with Bobby and watching Caddyshack on his IPod." Milan laughed.

"Maybe your picture is on here," said the teacher. She pointed out to a bulletin board that was covered in a collage of pictures. "There's a lot of pictures of past students on here." Raina walked over and searched for Milan's picture amongst the others.

"Found you!" said Raina looking at a picture of a seventeen-year-old Milan Lucic. He was posing goofily with a friend and had large round eyed sunglasses on. His hair was dyed with blonde steaks at the top and was spiked up. "You dyed your hair?" said Raina laughing.

"Oh ya," he said. "Everyone on the Giants did."

"I wish I had known you as a teen." she said.

"You still are a teen," said Milan.

"Nineteen doesn't count, I'm legally an adult." She said smiling. The two hung around awhile longer with Mrs. Cook and then they left for Milan's old rink.

"I brought our skates so we can skate." said Milan. When they walked in the rink there was a team of little kids practicing out on the ice. They looked to be around eight or nine years old. As they walked over to the bleachers one of the kids noticed him and yelled

"Is that Milan Lucic?!" All of the kids turned and saw him.

"It is!" Yelled another kid. Milan smiled and waved at them. He saw one of the kids coaches on the bench and went over and said

"Mind if I skate around a bit with them?"

"Not at all," said the coach. Milan didn't hate being recognized in public. He liked meeting fans and it didn't annoy him at all when someone came over and asked for an autograph. He laced up his skates and then helped Raina tie up hers. As they got onto the ice all the little kids swarmed over to them. Milan took a hockey stick off the bench and began practicing with the kids. Raina watched as she took laps around the rink. She found it cute that Milan was playing with the kids and that they looked up to him. Someday that would be their kids.

The practice ended an hour later and Milan signed some autographs and then they were alone in the rink.

"I love watching you with kids," she said. "You're going to be an amazing father." He smiled and said

"I'm still a little nervous, I've never taken care of babies before."

"You'll do fine," said Raina. The two circled the rink a few more times before heading back to the house.
__________________________________________________
Thanks for reading :) Please comment.