Status: Completed :)

Hidden in the Shadows

Chapter Twenty-Two

I decided to write a really fun, goofy chapter before things start to get really serious again in the story ;)

March 18th, 2011
Friday
Milan’s Parents House, Vancouver, BC, Canada
9:46 A.M.

Friday, the day before Milan went back to Boston was spent at home. It was raining heavily again and Jovan, Nikola, Milan, Raina, Sheena, and Jasmiina were stuck in the house. Nobody felt like doing much even though it was obvious the house was to crowded for the six of them together. Despite all being in or around their twenties they acted like immature teenagers when they were all cramped together.

"I say we should all go see a movie," said Jovan.

"You can go, the rest of us are staying here, right guys?" said Nikola looking around at them as they all sat in the living room.

"I wouldn't mind going to see a movie," said Sheena. "But Raina and Jasmiina would have to come with me."

"I feel like staying here," said Raina, who was sitting in Milan's lap.

"How about we go bowling," said Jasmiina excitedly. "Tuukka took me bowling awhile ago and I liked it."

"It will be us and a bunch of 80 year olds," said Nikola.

"You're so immature," said Milan. "Grow up."

"There's to many people in this house!" said Raina.

"She's right I say we vote someone out." said Nikola. "I say Milan goes."

"I'm not being a whiny bitch," said Milan. "You should go." Nikola attacked Milan again as Raina got up off his lap. Yelling loudly they rolled around on the floor.

"Fight! Fight! Fight!" Said Sheena watching them. Raina watched them only mildly interested and then went back to texting Tuukka.

So what is everyone up to? Asked Tuukka.

Milan and his brother are wrestling. She texted back.

Send me a video.

Raina began recording a video off of her phone. After a minute she saved it and sent it to Tuukka.

That's amazing I'm going to show the whole team, he texted back. Jovan went over and managed to pull the two off each other.

"Stop you two," he said.

"I vote Jovan off the island!!!" Yelled Nikola.

"I second that," said Milan.

"Noooo stop!" Yelled Jovan as his two brothers grabbed him by the arms and legs and dragged him through the kitchen. Milan pulled open the front door and they threw Jovan out into the rain. Raina heard him pounding on the door to be let back in.

"Guys this isn't funny!" She heard him yell.

"There's really nothing to do here." said Raina.

"How about we play NHL 11?" said Milan. "We'll play each other until we have a winner."

"Alright I'll play first!" said Nikola grabbing the Xbox controller.

"I bet I could beat you," said Raina.

"Ya right I play this like every day of life." said Nikola. The game started and Rains chose to be the Bruins while Nikola was the Canucks.

"You're going down!" said Raina. The game began and Raina button mashed the controller as she tried to steal the puck away from Nikola. Jovan walked into the room looking soaked and miserable.

"How'd you get back in you outcast!" said Nikola standing up.

"I climbed through an upstairs window," said Jovan.

"You're not allowed back here!" said Nikola with a wild look in his eyes. He dropped the Xbox controller and jumped at Jovan. Milan joined in again and Jovan wrestled against their grip.

"Guys seriously stop!" said Jovan. "Let go!!" Raina took the opportunity to score on Nikola. She jumped up and cheered. Milan and Nikola threw Jovan into the basement and locked the door.

"He can't get out now," said Nikola coming back to the game. "Dammit!" He yelled as he realized she'd scored. "That doesn't count I wasn't playing!"

"Too bad," laughed Raina.

They kept playing the Xbox and when Snezana got home from work she found them all still in the living room.

"Have you guys not moved from this room since I left this morning?" she asked.

"Nope," said Nikola.

Well where's Jovan?" she asked.

"He uh went for a walk." said Nikola.

"In this weather?" said Snezana.

"Ya he said he'd be back for dinner." said Milan. All of the sudden they heard the basement door getting pounded on from the other side.

"Mom I'm in here!" Jovan yelled. Snezana put down the groceries she was carrying and went and unlocked the door. Jovan came out still looking wet. "They locked me in there!" he said. "I'm never going to stay with them alone again." Snezana turned to look at her two other sons. Raina laughed and said

"It was all Milan and Nik we had nothing to do with it," she continued to stare at her sons with a your-in-trouble look.

"You can't punish me," said Milan. "I don't live here anymore and I'm going to be a parent soon so you can't punish me."

"Apologize to your brother," she said to both Milan and Nikola.

"I am dearly sorry," said Nikola sarcastically to Jovan. "Do you forgive me?" he said.

"Of course I do," said Jovan rolling his eyes. "Now that I'm all sweaty and gross, and covered in rain water I'm going to take a shower." Raina got up off the couch and said

"Need any help with dinner Snezana?"

"Sure, I'll show you how to make Milan's favorite dish, garlic prawns and mashed potatoes."

"You're making that tonight!" said Milan excitedly.

"Yup I went to the grocery store and bought everything I need for it." said Snezana.

"Yessss," He looked at Raina and said "Learn how to make it well, now that I know you can cook it I'll be asking for it every night." She smiled at him and said

"I'll make sure I pay attention for you."
__________________________________________________
Thanks for reading :) Please comment.

I'm back to posting twice or once a day now. But this weekend I'll be away on vacation. I'm not sure if I will have internet access so I might not be able to post until Monday.