Status: Completed :)

Hidden in the Shadows

Chapter Twenty-Six

March 21st, 2011
Monday
Milan and Raina’s Apartment, Boston, MA
9:00 A.M.

Adrenaline kicked in and she jumped backwards. The man laughed from underneath his mask and he came at her, swinging the knife. She screamed and just managed to dodge the blade as her purse fell off of her arm and onto the floor. She didn’t have time to grab it as she ran for the bedroom door. She heard the man’s heavy footsteps behind her. She tried to shut the door after her to slow him down but she heard him throw the door open with such a force she heard the wall crack from the doorknob’s impact. She could feel the man closing in on her. He was much faster with longer legs. Instead of risking him catching her by running down the hallway to go downstairs, she dashed up the stairs to the roof where the pool was. She pushed open the door at the top and pulled it closed after her. There was a latch on the door and Raina locked it. She heard the man throw his full weight against the door. The latch seemed to be holding for now. She was unsure what to do. She could yell for help but the building was too high up for anyone to really take notice. She looked around for something she could use as a weapon but found nothing. She left the indoor area and went outside. Suddenly she saw the latch on the door break off and the man burst through.

“You can’t get away!” she heard him say in a low voice. He ran at her and Raina tried to dodge him again but he grabbed her by the hips and pulled her back. He sliced at her collarbone, trying to get at her neck as she squirmed from his grip. A thick stream of blood fell from the cuts and began to soak the white sundress she was wearing. He grabbed her again and blocked her mouth and nose with his plate sized hands so she couldn’t breathe. Just then when she thought she was going to pass out from lack of oxygen he threw her into the pool where she hit her head against the concrete wall. Her vision went black for a few moments as she felt a splitting pain in her head. She screamed and put her hand up to her head. She felt the warm flow of blood coming from a deep hole in her head. She felt sick as she tried to keep herself afloat in the pool. She managed to pull herself out and was still blinded as she slowly stood up. She heard the man coming closer and she trusted her instincts and ran to where she thought the door to the indoor area was. She felt her hair quickly getting soaked with blood. Her vision came back but was blurry. She dashed at the door to go back downstairs but he caught her by the arm and pulled her back. He raised the knife and brought it down on her stomach and the world seemed to move slowly as she felt a deep pain inside of her.
__________________________________________________
Thanks for reading :) Please comment.