Status: Completed :)

Hidden in the Shadows

Chapter Twenty-Eight

March 21st, 2011
Monday
Boston General, Boston, MA
4:00 P.M.

Raina awoke hearing a distant voice calling her name. It was a woman’s voice and her voice got louder and louder the more conscious Raina became. Soon she was able to open her eyes and she saw a woman standing over her. She smiled and said

“Good you’re awake.” Raina found her voice and said

“What’s going on?”

“You were brought to the hospital after you were attacked.” said the nurse. “Your husband brought you here.”

“My husband?” she said confused. Then she remembered getting in the elevator and seeing Milan’s face.

“You’re all patched up now.”

“What about my babies?” she said.

“They’re fine,” smiled the nurse. “The knife missed them by a few inches, you’re lucky he got you in that spot and not a little more to the left.” Raina felt relieved and the nurse said “You’re husband will be in soon to see you.” And with that she left the room. Raina unbuttoned the front of the white hospital shirt she was wearing and looked at the line of stitches across her stomach.. She smiled when she felt the fluttering of one of them moving.

“Hey,” she heard a deep voice say. She looked up to see Milan standing in the doorway.

“Hey,” she said. He walked over to her and sat down at the edge of her bed.

“The last few hours were the scariest of my life,” he said.

“I thought you went home with Brittany,” said Raina, looking out the window next to her bed.

“Absolutely not,” said Milan. “I’m so sorry about what happened, I got drunk at the bar me and Nate went to last night and she tried to seduce me.”

“She was successful at it,” said Raina, still not looking at him.

“I kissed her, and then Tuukka pulled me away.”

“If Tuukka hadn’t been there to stop you, you’d probably still be asleep in a bed with Brittany somewhere.”

“I know how horribly I messed up and I’m so sorry babe. I’ll do whatever it takes for your forgiveness. You’re the only one I love.” She still stared out the window unsure if she should take his apology.

“I just don’t want something like this to ever happen again.” said Raina.

“It won’t, I promise you,” he said. Raina looked at his face. He looked sincere and she said

“I suppose everyone deserves a second chance, I accept your apology.” He smiled and said

“I love you Raina, I got so scared today I was going to loose you and the babies.”

“Your whole family is pretty pissed off at you right now.”

“You told them about it?”

“I showed them picture I got.”

“What picture?” asked Milan.

“Someone sent me a picture of you and Brittany kissing.” said Raina. “You’re father seemed like he wanted to kill you after seeing it.”

“I’ll give them a call later.” said Milan. “They caught the guy who attacked you and the other wives and girlfriends.”

“Who is he?” asked Raina.

“His name’s Jonathan Black, he was kicked out of the Bruins and the NHL and went to jail six years ago for raping a teammate’s wife. He was angry about it and he got out of jail this year and decided to get revenge.”

“Hopefully he’ll be locked away forever now.” said Raina. “I don’t have to go back to Vancouver,”

“You can stay here in Boston and we can start looking for a house in Middleton together.” said Milan. Raina wrapped her arms around Milan and put her face up against his shoulder.

“Life can go back to normal around here,” she said with a sigh. Raina knew that no matter where Milan went, if he got traded and they were forced to move, or if he had to go away for months because of hockey, they’d always have a strong relationship. They’d pull through anything together. There’d be obstacles to overcome along the way but she knew they’d be happy together forever.
__________________________________________________
Thanks for reading :) Please comment.

I'll post the last two chapters later tonight, they'll both be epilogues. For anyone who's looked at the characters section for this story I changed Raina's picture.