Status: Complete

Daddy's Girl

Chapter Eleven

Jimmy’s pov
I was talking to Brian about where to take Tanya on a romantic evening when something hard hit me on the back of the head. I stumbled forward and fell on the ground.

“Funky town! Funky town!” Brian yelled as I staggered to get up.

I looked up into the living room area to see Tanya bolting out of the room. I yelled after her, hoping she would come back but she never did. I ignored the pain in my head and snatched the frying plan out of Brian’s hands and hit him with it as hard as I could. He fell from the blow and smacked the side of his head into the counter and crumpled to the ground.

“You should have never done that.” I snapped, kicking him in the ribs.

He groaned and coughed up blood. I snarled down at him then dragged his unconscious body into one of the bedrooms and tossed him onto the bed. Quickly I grabbed a syringe of Novocaine and injected him with it.

“I was saving this for Tanya.” I growled and kicked his ribs a few more times before I heard the crack sound, letting me know that I had broken one of his ribs.

I wiped my hands off on my pants then walked out of the room to go find Tanya. She couldn’t have gotten far, and even if she had where would she have gone? As I walked down the street I kept my eyes peeled for a five foot, reddish haired girl with a silver ring through the right side of her nostril.

“Looking for someone?” A man reading a news paper asked.

I nodded, “Short girl about five feet tall, reddish hair-”

He cut me off, “Nose piercing?”

“Yeah that’s her.” I smiled.

“She went that way.” He pointed down the street.

I nodded, “Thank you.”

He smiled then went back to his paper. I walked down the street until I found Godfather’s Pizza. My eyes widened when I realized that she was surrounded by Val’s family. There was no way I was going to get inside without being killed. The only way I could get her was if she came outside, then I would have the opportunity to make my move. Carefully I stepped back into the shadows and made my way back to the hotel.

***

Tanya’s pov
“Helen, come meet your grandbaby!” Murphy called out once we were upstairs.

“What are you talking about?” A short, blonde haired woman wearing a pink apron walked out to the living area.

Once she saw me her eyes widened, “Tanya? Is that you?”

I nodded and almost cried when she hugged me to her chest, “You look just like our Valary.”

I sniffled, “Can you tell me about her?”

“What do you mean?” Murphy asked.

I shook my head, “I don’t know anything but her name.”

They looked at each other then Helen frowned, “Come sit down sweetheart.”

I sat down on the beige couch and watched as Murphy walked into another room and Helen pull out a photo album. She opened it to the first page where a picture of a little black haired girl playing in a sandbox with a little brunette boy.

“That’s your mother and father when they were just in kindergarten.” She pointed at the picture and smiled softly.

I giggled softly at the next picture of my dad crying while my mom smiled wide at the camera.

Helen laughed, “Your mother was head over heels in love with Matthew, even though she kicked sand in his face.”

We looked through three books of pictures and once we reached the last one I was in tears looking at pictures of my mom and dad while my mom was pregnant of me. But there wasn’t one of her in the hospital holding me. There was only one of my dad holding me.

“Why isn’t she holding me in the hospital?” I asked.

Helen sighed, “She died the day you were born.”

“What? How?” I questioned.

“I think this is something that your father should discuss with you.” She sighed and closed the albums.

I frowned but nodded, “Okay, do you know when he’ll get here?”

She looked down at the watch on her wrist, “Probably tomorrow or sometime later today. You should sleep, there’s a spare room down the hall and to the left. The bathroom right next to it.”

I nodded and hugged her, “Thank you.”

“Oh honey it’s the least I could do, after all we are family.” She kissed my forehead then let me walk down the hall.

I got into the room and shut the door behind me before tearing up and crying softly into one of the pillows. I just wanted to go home and everything to be normal again. Why did Jimmy have to complicate that?