A Wag in Austria

Chapter 19

4th July 2008:
I looked on in shock about what had just happened. “Fernando stop this!” I called out, pushing him away from Roy.
“He’s the guy that used you Summer!” Fernando yelled.
“Yes a very long time ago. Come on, let’s get over this ok?”
“Ok.” Fernando said and Roy got up and put a hand to his face.
“What brings you here?”
“I wanted to spend some time alone with you so we can talk.”
“No way.” Fernando began.
“Fernando.” I sighed.
“There is no way you’re talking to him.”
“It’s my choice Fernando.”
“Fine, you can talk in the living room, I’ll be in the kitchen.”
“What?! So you can listen in, I don’t think so! Do you fancy going for a walk?” I offered Roy, who then nodded his head.

After Roy agreed to this I threw Fernando my keys and he caught them immediately. “Might as well get a key cut since your moving in with me.” I grinned.
“I’m not moving in with you, you’re moving in with me!”
“Sure I am!” I laughed and Roy and I walked on down the path, leading away from my house.

As we did so, we were quiet for a while, however, I decided to bring up the topic of conversation relating to the flowers, chocolates and the phone calls. “Why are you really back Roy?” I wondered.
“Because I’ve missed you.”
“Oh really?! You used me for sex all the time when I was younger. And now your back because you miss me?”
“I’ve seen pictures of you in the paper and when I saw how well you were doing for yourself, I thought I’d come and find you.”
“Roy, I just don’t believe you, most of the pictures in the newspaper are of my boobs falling out of tops, I don’t see how that can talk someone into coming along. The chances are you’ve come back because you’ve seen me with a footballer on my arm, which immediately means I have money which you are probably trying to get your hands on.”

Suddenly everything went oh so quiet between us both, before Roy said: “Wow, you’ve wised up a lot since we last met.”
“Yeah, Fernando has taught me to not be so trusting of people.”
“Well, I’m telling you if there was ever a chance for you to trust anyone now’s the time. I deeply regret what I did to you ages ago, like you I was young and naïve. And now I want to make amends.”
“Why now?”
“Now seems as good a time as any.” He replied.
“Fine, we’ll be friends, but here’s a couple of rules. Number one, don’t even think about coming on to me, I’ve already got one friend that does that and it’s already made my life pretty complicated. Number two, if you’re trying to hurt me in anyway, I’ll find out.”
“I’m not. Believe me.”
“Good. Look, I’ve neglected Fernando enough today. We’ll hang out another day, ok?”
“Ok.” Roy agreed and just like that we went our separate ways.

Later that day I returned home after talking with Roy I needed some relaxing time with Fernando. “Hi Fernando! I’m home!” I called out and walked through my front door only to see him talking to a woman. A thin, blond woman with big boobs. I inspected her boobs closely and wondered if she’d had a boob job? She was wearing a suit and had a little skirt on, oh, I did not like this one bit. Was Fernando fed up with me and my naivety that he’d decided to move on to classy women? Fernando has taught me to not be naïve and this is one of those instances I shouldn’t be naïve and I’m not. “Hey Summer, this is Mary.” He smiled and she held her hand out to me, I looked down at her boobs and realised that they were indeed fake. “Hey Mary, nice boob job!” I lie.
“Summer!” Fernando blurted out shocked.
“No, she’s right. They’re fake.” I gave Fernando a look that said see. If anyone knows boob jobs then I certainly do! “She’s a friend of mine.” Fernando continued. I just smiled in response.

Was inviting this woman into my home a way of Fernando getting his own back on me walking away with Roy? “Right, I should really get going.” Mary said.
“Ok.” I smiled and Fernando showed her to the door. “Thanks for everything.”
“No problem.” She grinned and then the most outright annoying thing happened. He hugged her! My Fernando hugged that classy bird. That’s it, if he was sleeping with her then I was going to find out. Fernando walked into the front room. “What were you thanking her for?” I wondered.
“Oh, she was just umm… Helping me pick a present for my Mum’s birthday.”
“Oh.” I said.
“Hey, is it ok if I take a shower here?” Fernando wondered.
“No, carry on.”
“Do you fancy joining me?” He offered, wiggling his eyebrows.
“I would, but I’ve got to get my suitcase sorted.”
“Ok.” He responded and went upstairs.

So we’d been back approximately an hour, and a lot of that time I’d been out and he‘d been with that woman. And now he wanted a shower. That could only mean one thing, he’s already slept with this woman, which means he wants to get all the sweat off of him by having a shower. And the cheeky sod, thought I’d want to join him, I don’t think so! I inspected my kitchen looking for telltale signs of their sexual congress, but nothing.

After that the phone rung I picked it up and found it was Alex. “Hello?”
“Hey Summer, it’s me. Just so you know the girls are meeting up at the usual place for our meeting today, ok?”
“Ok, I’ll be there. What time is it?”
“Be there in twenty minutes.”
“Ok.” I responded and decided to leave Fernando a note before leaving the house to hang out with the girls. Right now, I could’ve done with a cup of coffee for sure.

So I met up with all the girls and despite wanting a cup of coffee, I decided to go for some water. I couldn’t put on weight with all that sugar they usually put in. Anyway, Alex was telling everyone about her reunion with Steven and she was just so happy. “I’m so happy, right now.” She smiled. “This morning he cooked me breakfast. Admittedly, I don’t really eat, so I just had the drink but it was so romantic.”
“Aww…” We all chorused.
“So I hear that you and Fernando have finally jumped into bed Summer.” Yolanda stated.
“Yes we have actually.”
“And was it all how we imagined it would be?”
“Yes, he was just amazing, you won’t believe all the tricks he has. And not only that… Ok, I can’t pretend that I’m extremely happy with Fernando the truth is…”
“You want to be with Phil Jagielka.” Abbey Clancy put in.
“No, the truth is I think he’s cheating on me girls, just another typical footballer and I’ve decided we need to think of a way to get him to stop or at least find out whether he is for sure.”
“I already have the perfect plan.” Alex put in.
“Ok…” I began.
“Well, I was thinking what if each of us came onto Fernando we’d see how he reacts and then if he say kisses any of us. We’d know whether he was a cheater.”
“Your only saying that because you want to know what it’s like to kiss him.” Abbey put in.
“Yes, but then I’d be revealing him for the cheating scumbag he is!”
“Ok, I agree with this plan. Are you sure your partners would agree with this?” I asked.
“They’ll have to.” Yolanda sighed and moments later that’s when I saw him.

He walked into the coffee shop. Phil Jagielka. He ordered a drink and sat at a table, all alone. I looked across the room at him for ages and he looked up for a moment and gave me this smile which was just sad. I smiled back. “Ok.” Alex began. “We are going to have to have maximum cleavage for this mission.” However, I couldn’t listen to their plan right now, instead I was getting up and making my way over to Phil Jagielka. “Where’s she going?” Abbey asked.
“Phil Jagielka is over there. He couldn’t go to the European Championship final because he was too upset.”
“Oh…” I heard them all chorus, but soon I was standing by Phil Jagielka.

I placed a hand on his arm. “Hey, how are you feeling?” I wondered.
“I’m ok. What about you?”
“Well, my ex had just come into town.”
“Which one is this?”
“Roy.”
“Oh him, don’t believe a word he says. He’s an ass.”
“I won’t don’t worry.” I paused. “I’m sorry for hurting you Phil Jagielka, I didn’t mean to string you along so to speak.” He placed a hand on top of my hand and smiled at me staring into my eyes. “You didn’t string me along, you were always telling me no and I couldn’t take that for an answer. I should have known you’d always choose Fernando. Plus, we never would have worked, you have a dog and I’m allergic to dogs.”

Suddenly I felt all overcome with all these different feelings that I immediately hugged Phil Jagielka. “I’m so sorry.” I told him with tears in my eyes, I tried not to let them spill, whilst he just gently and tentatively hugged me back. “It’s ok. I understand.” I pulled away from him and looked at him for a long time. Trying to think things through. “Umm… You can join us lot if you want?”
“No, not after last time.” He laughed. “Plus, I could do with some alone time.”
“Ok.” I said and pressed my lips to his cheek before walking over to the table that the girls were sat at and sat down myself.

Suddenly they were all staring at me. “What?” I asked them and as usual Abbey had to state the point in the most blunt way possible. “Well, you accuse Fernando of cheating, yet you are practically cheating on him with Phil Jagielka.”
“I’m not cheating on Fernando.”
“Maybe not sexually and not with the kissing… Well, sometimes with the kissing, but everything about you and Phil Jagielka is practically a relationship. Whatever you both are it’s not friends.”
“She has a point.” Yolanda says.
“Look, I can’t be dealing with this right now. I just need to umm… I need to go, but try and catch Fernando out. Ok?”
“Ok.” They all chorused and I just left them to it, leaving my water.

And as I left I made my way to the park. Sitting on the swings immediately, so I could just sit down and contemplate. Why couldn’t things be normal? Why couldn’t things be like the way they were before? And why do I have to be less naïve than I used to be? Things were so much easier when I was as dumb as a button.

As I’m thinking this someone starts pushing my swing. I look behind me and turn around to see Roy pushing it. “What are you doing here?” I asked him.
“Remember when we were younger and I used to push you on the swing?”
“Yes, with a can in your hand.” I stated.
“But still, it was fun.”
“Please stop pushing the swing.”
“Ok.” He said and climbed onto the swing next to me. “Despite what I did I do miss you. I’ve missed you a lot.”
“Please stop doing this, I’ve agreed to be your friend and nothing more. Just leave it.” He climbed off of his swing and walked over to mine, placing his hands on either side of the metal chain. He stopped my swing and Roy’s face was ever so close to mine. “I do love you.” He told me. “I mean it.”
“Really?” I asked and he leaned in as if he was going to try and kiss me, however, before he could I kicked him where it hurts before standing up in my high heels. “What’s gotten into you? You’ve changed.”
“Yes, I have.” I said. “And don’t forget that, I’m not the same High school girl you went out with.” I told him and stormed off back home.

However, on my way home, it turns out that the girls plan into action had happened. As I received a call of Abbey. “Ok, I tried it on with Fernando.” She said.
“Great, what happened?”
“Well, since Vampires are popular I thought I might as well act as one. So I got the costume and then I went over to yours and Fernando was there. He said Hello and looked at me strangely, but that’s probably because he thinks I was really hot. Anyway, I was like: Fernando, I want to suck your blood and so I grabbed him and then I bit his neck and he then pushed me away from him mumbling that I was crazy. And then he told me to leave.”
“Wow. That’s a good start then.”
“Yeah, more of us shall be stepping up to the plate soon. Anyway, thought I’d let you know. Bye Summer.”
“Bye.” I smiled.

My long walk was nearly over after that phone call and soon I was walking into my home to see Fernando sat on the sofa watching TV. I walked over to him and sat on the sofa next to him. “Have you had a good day?” He asked.
“It’s been eventful.”
“You won’t believe the day I had.” He showed me his neck with the bite mark on and I tried not to laugh. “So Abbey comes here dressed as bloody Dracula and she took a bite out of my neck. I wasn’t impressed.”
“God, she’s crazy.” I laughed.
“That’s exactly what I told her.” I smiled and Fernando moved his arms around me and brought me closer to him. “So have you decided to move in with me yet?”
“I think you’ll find you’re moving in with me.” I told him.
“Well, like I said my house has a swimming pool and enough wardrobes for all your shoes. Surely you want that.”
“Maybe, but my house is better.”
“Well, where will all my stuff go?” Fernando wondered.
“There’s plenty of room in the basement.” I state.
“Ok, What about my Beatles collection?”
“Definitely in the basement.” I laughed.
“What?! You can’t do that!”
“You should know by now that Britney Spears is way better.”
“She may be better looking than the Beatles, but her music is no way better.”
“Fernando, you know that you’re going to lose this argument.” I laugh.
“Fine…” He sighed. “We’ll talk another time.”

After he said that his phone started ringing and I saw the caller was Mary and he looked at me and said: “I should take this.” He then walked into the kitchen and closed the door behind him. As he did so, I stood by the door listening to his conversation with her. At first he was quiet, but then he slowly got louder. “That’s great Mary.” He laughed. “You’re brilliant! Ok, we have to meet up tomorrow. Yeah, my place. Three, that works. See you then. Bye Mary.”

Once he said that I quickly ran over to the sofa, pretending to watch TV. Fernando walked into the front room and looked at me. “What?” I asked him.
“You stole my seat.” He informed me.
“Are you seriously going to be one of those guys that get pissed off by that?”
“Yes.” He replied and walked over to me, trying to pull me off the seat, but I was pushing him away from me. “Hey!” I laughed as he attempted to pull me off the sofa and my dear dog started to bark. So to shut up Fernando I pulled him on me and he kissed my forehead. “Would you ever cheat on me?” I asked.
“No.” He replied. “Where’s this all coming from?”
“Nowhere, I just feel threatened by Mary.”
“Mary?! Really? No, I swear there’s nothing going on there. Why would I want to cheat on you with her when I’ve got you?”
“Ok.” I smiled and he hugged me, however, as I looked up at the ceiling I couldn’t help but think that he was definitely lying.

He pulled away from me and I sat up. “Right I’m off to bed. Would you be able to let yourself out?”
“Don’t you want me to stay?” He offered.
“Well, since we’ll be living together soon there’ll be plenty of time for us to stay together.” I inform Fernando.
“Your right, but just know I’m not cheating on you.” He said and kissed my cheek, before leaving my house.

Once he was gone I called Alex setting up my plan to catch him out tonight. There was no way I was going to let Fernando get away with cheating on me, at whatever cost I’d find out what was going on…