Status: Active

My Heart Beats for Only You.

Chapter 5

I stared at my phone, smiling at it for a good 5 minutes before replying with "Anytime (:". I just sat there turning my attention back to Spongebob when my phone buzzed again. It was Jason, damn he replies fast but I'd rather that than no reply at all.

"So what are you doing?" was what the text said. I was trying to think of something interesting to say but I couldn't so I just told him what I was doing.

"Watching spongebob, hbu?" I put my phone down next to me and started flipping through the channels. I ended up watching Ghost Hunters. This show freaked me out but there was nothing good on. Other than spongebob. The people on the show were in some room and their beeper thingys started to go off. It was freaking me out. Then my phone buzzed which made me jump. Seriously Jason? I opened the text glad to have my mind occupied on something other than the ghosts on the show.

"Really, spongbob? how old are we? lol"

I was offended. Spongebob is awesome! How can you not like Spongebob? Whatever it really wasn't a big deal and at least we had a conversation going. Right?

"Um..I dont know about you but I'm 16 lol"

I sent the text and changed the channel. There was no way I was watching something like that alone. I put spongebob back on when I heard a car door slam. I was pretty sure it was my mom because she usually came home before my dad. I waited for the door to open and when it did I was right. It was my mom.

"Hey sweetie, how was school" she asked taking off her shoes at the door.

"It was fine" Oh it was so much better than fine but I wasn't gonna tell her that. My mom and my dad were really strict when it came to boys. I had one boyfriend in my entire life and it only lasted a week and a half because my parents never let me see him. It was a mess. Luckily we were really good friends and just went back to how things were before.

I walked passed my mom who was walking into the living room while I went to the kitchen to get something to drink. While I was in the kitchen I heard my mom call to me from the living room.

"Ann who's Jason?" she asked. SHIT! I left my cell phone on the couch. I ran into the living room and tried to act as calm as possible but it was hard when I knew my mom was gonna give me some kind of talk.

"Just a friend from school" I said as calmly as I could but my voice still shook with nerves.

"Is it a boy?" she asked. God, I hate it when she gets nosy. I couldn't lie to her cause I mean obviously Jason isn't a girls name. She's not that gullible.

"Yea" I whispered hoping she wouldn't make a big deal.

"Annie what have I told you about boys, all they want is sex, and then before you know it your pregnant and you've ruined your life. Is that what you want?" she yelled. She's told me this thousands of times and it was so over exaggerated. I mean we are texting!! Just texting, nothing else. It was getting me mad that she jumped to conclusions like that. Did she not trust me or something? Did she thing I was a whore? I wasn't even listening to her anymore as she went on and on. I grabbed my cell phone and went upstairs.

"We are gonna talk about this when your father gets home" she yelled after me but I didn't care. I just wanted to be alone. I seriously get so frustrated at her sometimes. I locked my door so my mom couldn't bother me. I hated when she's like that. I was in a great mood and now it's ruined. I pulled out my iPod and put the volume on high trying to block out the world. I got through about 3 songs before my phone vibrated again. I didn't bother to look at the messages to see who they were from. I just turned it off and took a nap. It was my only escape other than the music blasting in my ears.

*Dream*

I was running down a long hallway, from what I don't know but I kept running. My legs burned and my lungs hurt. I wanted to stop but no matter how hard I tried I couldn't. I kept going. This hallway seemed to go on forever. I closed my eyes but my legs had a mind of their own. All of a sudden, I ran into something and felt arms wrap around me. It was then that I finally stopped running. I opened my eyes and looked up at the person holding me. It was Jason.

I smiled and instantly wrapped my arms around him. He didn't say anything he just looked down at me. We were both smiling and I could see the love in his eyes. He started to lean towards me, he was so close I felt his breath on my lips. We were just about to kiss when. BANG! Jason let out a cry of pain. "Jason!" I screamed in fear as he fell to the floor. I felt tears sting in my eyes. I went to kneel down and help him but I felt arms holding me back. It was my mom. "I told you to stay away from boys, especially him, but you left me and your father no choice" She said with venom in every word. I looked up, my vision blurry with tears, to see my father holding a gun. I tried to break out of my mothers hold and once I did I made my way toward Jason but the hallway stretched putting more distance between us. "You have a choice, that low life, or your family" my mom said even colder than before. I ran toward Jason and as soon as I was close to him I heard a gun go off and felt a sharp pain in my leg. I fell on Jason and he groaned in pain.

"I'm sorry" I whispered and with whatever voice he could muster he said "Its not your fault". He held my hand as we laid there in pain. Suddenly, the pressure of Jason's hand lightened. I looked over at him and his eyes were closed. "Jason, please..please you have to wake up! Jason! Jason please! No!"I cried. It was no use, he was gone. In an instant my mom stood over us. Glaring at us with so much hate and disgust. "You chose wrong" she said as she pointed the gun at me and pulled the trigger.

I woke up with a cold sweat running down my back. That was the scariest dream I've had in a while. The last scary dream I had was about monsters, not my mom.

I went into the bathroom and took a warm shower to try and relax. It helped a bit, but not a lot. I couldn't believe this. My day went from great to okay to just plain bad. I got out of the shower and put my pajamas on.

A while later I heard my mom call me down for dinner. Great, now I was gonna be lectured by father for texting a guy. You see what a big deal they make about just texting? Can you imagine how much they'd flip out if I actually did crazy shit with guys. Good thing I'm not a whore. Like some people I know cough Marissa cough!

Luckily dinner wasn't as bad as I thought it was gonna be. We still had to talk about the texting thing, which is stupid, but it wasn't that bad. After that I went to bed. I really hoped that I didn't have another crazy dream. One is enough for me, thank you.

Jason's POV

I sat in the living room of my grandmothers house. She was in the kitchen making something to eat. I was just sitting here waiting for Annie to text me back. This is pathetic. I mean I did time in jail, you'd think I wouldn't care about some girl texting me, but I did. She wasn't just some girl, she was Annie. She was funny and cute and smart. Way out of my league if you asked me but I wanted to get to know her more. I've only known her a day and I was hooked, I couldn't get her out of my head. That's bad. Like I said, I haven't been to school in a very long time and just having her to talk to in some of my classes made the day 10 times better. Damn, I was whipped on some girl I've known for a day. What the hell is wrong with me.

My grandma called to me, letting me know the food was done. I was so excited to eat a home cooked meal. I haven't eaten anything good in quite some time. I sat down at the table and she sat across from me.

"So how was school?" She asked in a soft voice.

"Fine" I said trying to hold back the smile that seemed to appear every time I thought of Annie.

"Just fine? Something must have happened to make you smile like that." she said smiling at me. I wasn't sure if I should tell her or not. I decided it wouldn't hurt to tell her. She was a big part of my life now.

"Well..I met this girl today" I started and she just smiled at me to continue.

"Her names Annie and uh she's just, I don't she's just different. I don't know how to explain it."

"So I take it you like this girl" she said still smiling.

"I guess, I wouldn't know. I haven't liked anyone in a long time." I admitted to her. We talked about it while I helped her clean up. At one point in my life I would have let her clean up herself but I couldn't find it in me to leave the whole mess for her. It was in that moment I noticed I'd changed and for the better.

After that she went to bed and I watched Tv for a while. I checked my phone hoping there'd be a text but there wasn't. Now I know how girls feel when guys don't text them. I decided I'd try to call her before I gave up and went to bed.

I pulled up her contact and called her. It didn't even ring, it went straight to voice mail. That means her phones off, right? I gave up and went to bed. That night all I thought of was Annie. I honestly couldn't wait to go to school in the morning just to see her. Yea, I definitely have some kind of feeling for this girl. Was it love? Probably not considering I just met her but I definitely like her. One problem. Does she feel the same way?