Status: Active

My Heart Beats for Only You.

Chapter 9

I woke up with a pounding headache. The last thing I remember was walking to the park and obviously I didn't get there cause I was inside a house.

"Finally you're awake, I was so worried" I quickly sat up when I heard a voice, which made my head hurt even worse. I looked over and saw Jason standing next to the couch I was on.

"What happened?" I asked quietly scared that if I spoke any louder it would hurt my head. He avoided my question as he sat down next to me.

"Take these, they'll help with your headache" he said handing me advil and a glass of water.

"So, are you going to tell me what happened? How did I end up back at your house?" I asked still using a quiet voice.

"Well..someone..attacked you. I found you passed out on the side of the road." he said stuttering. It was weird to see him stuttering. I was the one attacked, I should be freaking out and I was. I felt like the breath was just knocked out of me. I was scared, there was someone out there who wanted to hurt me. I didn't even know how to respond.

"Do you know who it was?" I asked as tears started to brim in my eyes. I've never had anyone hate me enough to try and physically hurt me. Sure, me and Marissa never got along but she never attacked me.

"Don't worry Annie, your gonna be fine. I won't let anything happened to you" he said pulling me to him as I let the tears fall.

"How can you be so sure Jason? We don't even know who did this" I said trying to stop the tears. I hated crying in front of people. It made me feel weak and I was so much stronger than that.

"That's what I wanted to talk to you about" I could hear the nervousness in his voice. I just looked at him waiting for him to continue. He sighed before speaking.

"I don't know how to really explain this but before I was taken into the detention facility, the guy I worked with to bomb places.." He took a pause, like it hurt to talk about it.

"He told me that when our serving times were done he wanted us to meet back up to 'finish the job'. He called me a few days after I was released and told me to meet him but I told him I wasn't going to do it. I did my time and I didn't want to go back to that life. I wanted to at least try to change. He was pissed and told me I ruined his life and that I was going to pay for leaving him to do it all alone. I didn't think anything of it then but now its getting serious. He was the one who attacked you, he left a note in your pocket." He said, pulling a note out of his back pocket and reading it out loud.

"I told you you'd pay for leaving me to do it alone. It's a shame sucha pretty girl has to pay the price for your mistakes." - Timothy

I could hear the sorry in his voice. I felt bad.

"This isn't your fault" I said hoping he wouldn't feel as bad.

"It is my fault though. I never should've fallen for you or gotten so close to you. Then I wouldn't have to worry about you getting hurt because of my mistakes" he said looking down at me.

"You've fallen for me?" I asked and he just laughed.

"Yeah I have. Hard." He said looking into my eyes. It was quiet while we sat there just staring into each others eyes. He started to lean towards me so I met him halfway. As soon as his lips touched mine I felt sparks. I can't even explain how I felt around Jason. It was sparks and butterflies and adrenaline all rolled into one.

"Woah.." I said breathless once we parted. I couldn't believe all of this was happening. The kiss, the creepy attacker, the fight with my mom.

"What, was it bad?" Jason asked, with worry written all over his face. I couldn't help but laugh.

"No, it was amazing Jason. Just everything else it so...overwhelming." I confessed.

"I know babe but I promise I won't let anything happen to you" Even though this was all so crazy and scary, when he called me babe it made my heart jump.

"Um..wheres your bathroom?" I asked awkwardly breaking the comfortable silence that had formed.

"Upstairs, second door on your right" Jason said laughing at my awkwardness. I made my way upstairs and as I shut the bathroom door my phone buzzed. I was nervous thinking it was my mom but, it was Beth.

"Hello" I answered in a whisper. I mean it is kinda weird to have a conversation in a bathroom.

"Where the hell did you guys go last night?" Beth asked worried and frustrated all rolled together.

"Boy, do I have a lot to tell you about" I replied. I always told Beth everything. It always made me feel better to talk about the things stressing me out and I had a lot to tell her about.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry about not updating. I've been really busy lately.
Let me know how it's coming (: