Status: Completed

"I'm Your Dad, Alexi"

one and only chapter.

I was fifteen when I found out who my real dad was; it wasn’t due to my mom telling me. I found out from instinct.
‘Your mother was with a boy when she was your age, they were together for years. He left when you were born to pursue a band career, All Time Low they were called’ my grandma confided in me.
My dad wasn’t to be mentioned in front of mom, it had always been that way. The only inkling I had of him was a photo of my mom and him as 18 year olds. Now, 3 months after the death of my mother I realise that boy was Jack Barakat, the guitarist of my favourite band.
It took weeks for me to find the address of the All Time Low boys but eventually I was standing outside the door, debating whether to ring the doorbell or not.
‘The boy’s aren’t doing autographs today’ a slutty blonde said, answering the door.
‘Don’t be a bitch Lisa’ A voice came, Zack Merrick.
‘Hey there cutie, what can we do for you?’ he asked, pushing the blonde out of the way and standing on the door step.
‘Hi, I’m Alexi Jones. I need to talk to Jack please’ I said, struggling to be polite.
‘Not to be rude, but may I ask what it’s about?’ he asked, half-smiling
‘I understand’ I smiled ‘you’ve got to be cautious. I need to talk to him about my mom, Stella Jones’
I swear Zack’s eyes almost popped out of his head and rolled down the pavement, At least he knew who I was on about.
‘You better come in’ He replied, a lot quieter than before.
I walked into the large house, smelling the beautiful scent of homemade cookies emerging from the kitchen.
Zack left me sitting on the sofa as he went to find Jack; I was in the presence of Rian Dawson and Alex Gaskarth. I had to stifle my fan girl scream.
‘Cookie?’ asked Rian, probably oblivious to whom I was.
‘Thanks’ I smiled, taking a piece of choc-chip goodness.
‘Who’re you?’ Alex piped up, looking at me and tilting his head; as if my image would turn familiar if he titled.
‘Alexi Jones’ I smiled, reaching my hand out to shake his ‘very pleased to meet you’
Alex choked on his cookie, spluttering and coughing everywhere and then he gave a worried glance to Rian before pretty much running from the room.
‘Excuse me’ he muttered, exiting.
I gave Rian a confused look but he acted oblivious to what had happened.
Zack returned with Jack just minutes later.
‘What do you want?’ he asked, rudely.
‘I’m Alexi Jones’ I whispered, nervous that I was actually facing him.
‘I know this, but why are you here?’ He said, looking angry.
‘I think you might be... well, I think you might be my dad’ I said, almost in a whispered tone.
He let out a chuckle before answering.
‘I’m not your dad, your whore of a mom cheated on me’ he said, glaring.
‘My mom’s dead’ I croaked, fighting back tears. How could he be so horrible?
His face softened a little. ‘I’m sorry, I can’t help you’
‘How do you know I’m not yours?’ I asked, saddened.
‘Stella... Your mom... wouldn’t have sex with me’ He answered ‘She said she wanted to wait until marriage’
‘So she was raped?’ I gasped.
‘No’ He muttered ‘she slept with a friend of mine, wouldn’t say who’
‘Oh’ I answered, with nothing more to say.
‘I’d appreciate if you left now’ he muttered before leaving the room.
The boys gave me a sympathetic look, minus Alex and Jack who weren’t there.
‘I better go’ I whispered, standing up.
Zack walked me to the door ‘I’m sorry Alexi’ he consoled.
‘Never mind eh?’ I said, turning to bid him farewell.
I saw Alex sitting on the stairs, head in his hands – what crawled up his ass?
I had now where to go upon exiting the all time Low household, so I decided to just roam about. Soon I found a small park and stayed there until it was dark.
‘You shouldn’t be out here alone’ a voice came from behind me; I took in his tall stature and messy hair.
‘What do you care?’ I whispered, putting my head against the chains of the swing.
‘I bet a lot of people care’ He whispered, taking the seat next to me.
I looked at Alex’s clothes, he wore a pair of battered converse that looked really old, there was a small heart etched into the white front.
‘You’re a rockstar, can’t you afford new shoes?’ I asked, laughing slightly.
‘They’re sentimental’ He smiled slightly.
‘Oh yeah?’ I asked
‘Yeah’ he whispered, pulling the tongue down and revealing ‘Lex loves Ella’ drawn in sharpie.
‘Cute’ I whispered ‘Ella your girlfriend?’
‘No, uhh... We ended a long time ago, about 17 years ago actually’
‘Oh, didn’t keep in contact then?’
‘No, we had kind of. A secret relationship’ He grinned.
‘Cool’ I smiled
‘Not really, I missed a lot when she left’ he said, saddened
‘Like what?’ I asked
‘Like my daughter’s whole life’ He whispered, turning to me.
‘Daughter?’ I asked, astonished.
‘Yeah, we thought she’d be a boy and she vowed to name him after me. I guess she put an ‘i’ on the end to keep me happy.’ He smiled
I gulped a little.
‘I’m your Dad, Alexi’ He whispered, stroking my hair. ‘I missed you’