Get Tangled Up In Me

We're the new face of failure

Pretty and younger but not any better off.

“Are you guys ready to-” Jared as opening her door and staring at us in shock. We jumped away from each other and she went a little pink. “Oh, I’m uh, sorry…” He went a little pink too.

“Oh no, we’re ready!” She gushed, her voice an octave higher than usual. She swung her bag over her shoulder, grabbed a hoodie and ran out of the room. She obviously didn’t mean for it to happen. She was probably just caught up in the moment or something. Later she was going to come to me and be like ‘can’t we just stay friends? Do we have to make it difficult?’ And then where will I be? I’ll be forty years old and still living in my mothers basement, that’s where I’ll be. I have to say it first, so I can believe my lie and move on. And it has to be good.

I look up to see that Raven has disappeared and Jared is looking at me with this huge grin on his face. I bet he was counting down the seconds until he could tell Mikey what he saw.

“Ahem. Jared,” I started, his grinning slightly annoying me. “I hope you know what you saw, stays in this room.” He had a slightly disappointed face for a second but he covered it with a grin.

“Ok, sure. What ever you say Gerard.” He said wiggling his eyebrows and smirking. I gave him a weird glance, and then sighed.

“Come on Jared,” I graveled. “Let’s go.” I swung my keys around my pointer finger and stalked out of the house, all of us in silence.

“I call shotgun!” Jared called to closed ears. Raven quietly climbed in the backseat, while I in the front and started the car. Jared busied himself in going through the radio stations until he found the one he liked. I glanced in the rear view mirror to see Raven rest her head on the window and a small tear trickle down her cheek. No, it must have been my imagination, because the next second she smiled. It wasn’t that happy of a smile, very soft and kind of sad. I wished I could know what she was thinking.

The rest of the ride was silent. I was thinking of what I was going to say to her later. I had to plan this out perfectly; otherwise I’m going to sound like an idiot. But my lips are still tingling, from where they touched hers. And my hand’s still feel as if they’re holding her to me. What I wouldn’t give to relive that moment over and over. The one moment where I can pretend that she is mine.
♠ ♠ ♠
Heyy guys! sorry i went to my cousins yesterday and spent the night so i couldn't update any sooner than this. I got a new straigtener though. it's PURPLE!!!! i love purple btw. :]

Thank you for all the lovely comments, and all the new readers! SQUEE!!! >.< but i still enjoy comments from my old readers sooooooo COMMENT!!!! and don't be mad at Jared. he didn't mean to ruin the moment. And he might have a little something up his sleeve to get them together for real. :]

xx