Get Tangled Up In Me

Could you see I want you

by the way I push you away

I kept hearing the guys bang against the door and yelling my name. I just turned the water on the drown them out. I toke a pin out of my pocket and opened it staring blindly at it. I sat down on the floor and made a long gash next to all the pretty scabs and scars on my arm, remembering each on and why I did it. Gerard, My mom and dad, school, the list was endless. I watched the blood ooze out on my arm, and my tears mix with it.

“Damn it, Raven! I’m coming in.” Gerard shouted. I crawled into a stall and put paper over the cut before slipping my sleeve down. I crawled back in my corner as Gerard walked in. “Raven?” he whispered walking over. “Are you ok?” I felt a spasm of fear trickle down my spine as I moved my wrist behind my back.

“I’m fine.” I snapped as I stood up. Gerard looked suspiciously at my arm.

“Are you sure?” He asked taking a step closer to me. I rolled my eyes.

“Yes.” I spat back. “Why do you care anyway? You’re just my art teacher, Mr. Way.” He looked taken back by my sudden burst of hate.

“Raven! I’m not just your teacher! I’m your friend. Of course I care! You’re like my sister! I love you.” He exclaimed. I smiled.

“Ok, I’m sorry. I’ve just been so stressed lately. I love you, too Gerard.” More then he’ll ever know. He smiled that smile of his and my heart melted. He gave me a quick hug.

“You know, Gerard, it might look weird when you walk out of the girl’s bathroom.” He smiled and laughed. Then he frowned and looked at my wrist. I subconsciously pulled my sleeve down. Shit. He’s suspicious.

* * *

“I hate school!” I complained. I was lying on the art table throwing skittles in Mikey’s mouth; my head was in Frank’s lap and my feet in Pete’s.

“That’s a good thing to say in front of the teacher you see at least four times a day,” Shawn said rolling his eyes. I stuck my tongue out at him.

“Kaylaaaa!” I called moving my head so I could look at her.

“No Raven, I don’t have a dollar,” She pouted. “I want lunch too.” We both looked over at Gerard who sighed and pulled out four dollars.

“Here. But if I suddenly become poor and end up living on the streets because I feed you fools everyday, you better give me a place to sleep.” He complained. I jumped up and kissed him on the cheek.

“I doubt your mom will throw you out, Gerard.” I chirped, dragging Kay out of the room and to the vending machines.

“Ughh, they never have anything good to eat!” Kayla complained. I got another bag of skittles and flavored water.

“Yeah, I know what you mean.” I replied resting my head on her shoulder while we looked at all the food. “Why don’t you get chips?”

“Nah, I think I’ll get ice cream. Might as well enjoy myself if I’m going to get something fattening.” She reasoned. I rolled my eyes. Kay always worried about getting fat.

“But what if Frankie sees you eating ice cream? He might think your not girly enough and not want to have babies with you anymore.” I teased. Kayla has a huge crush on Frank, and I happen to enjoy teasing her about it.

“Shut up. You’re the one eating all those skittles and Swedish fish.” She teased back. I laughed.

“That’s true. But at least Frank still wants to have babies with me…” I giggled more and ran.

“Raven! You take that back!” Kayla yelled running after me and eating her ice cream at the same time. I ran back into Gerard’s room and hid behind Pete.

“Save me from the evil ice cream monster!” I yelled. An angry Kayla ran into the room.

“Where is she? Where did she go? I have to kill her!” Kayla yelled trying to keep a straight face.

“I don’t know, Kay. She didn’t come back in here.” Frank giggled. Kay sighed.

“Oh well.” She sat down and finished her ice cream. I threw a skittle at her. “Who threw that?” She asked looking over at Pete with suspicion.

“Peter Lewis Kingston Wentz the third,” I coughed quietly. Kay heard and her eyes narrowed.

“It wasn’t me!” He denied putting his hands up. Kayla rolled her eyes and sat on Frank’s lap.

“I see you, you idiot.” She commented looking at me. I sighed and walked over to her.

“I am very sorry for implying that you are in love with Frank. I won’t ever do it again, even if I happen to believe that you are.” I said flicking away and imaginary tear. She looked at me with her mouth open wide. “Oh, oops. Well, I’ll save you from the embarrassment by adding that I happen to believe Frank loves you just as much if not more.” I giggled, before running and hiding behind Gerard’s desk.

“God, Rave! I’d almost believe you have a death wish. Lucky I’m here to save you, huh?” Gerard teased. I smiled softly.

“You’re my knight in shining armor, Gee?” I whispered sitting on his lap. Nobody was paying any attention to us. They were all indulged in an argument over whether or not Kayla and Frank liked each other.

“As long as you can be the princess,” He replied. I giggled and put a skittle in his mouth. I loved his lips. They were so pink and soft looking and… Lippy.

“But I thought you were the princess Raven? The princess can’t feed her knight!” He argued putting a skittle in my mouth. My lips tingled at the touch of his fingers.

“Hmm. I guess we can both be the princess. That way we can have tea parties” I replied with a straight face. He gave me a ‘what the fuck’ look.

“Tea Parties?” He asked raising an eyebrow. I shrugged.

“Isn’t that what princesses do?” I asked. He was about to answer when Frank yelled my name angrily.

“What, Iero?” I yelled back turning my head to look at him. His face was all red and he was frowning like he was sorely pissed off.

“Why do you think I like Kay-Kay so much?” he demanded. I raised my eyebrows.

“Kay-Kay?” I snorted, laughing. He got redder, if that was possible. “Come here Iero. We’re gonna play a little game of truth or dare.”

“Well, I’ll pick dare,” He warned, thinking I was going to ask him if he liked Kay as his truth. He walked over and bent down so I could whisper in his ear.

“I dare you to kiss Kayla on the lips. And it must be a real kiss. And if she kisses you back then you have to ask her out.” I whispered. Frank sighed.

“Not now.” He begged. “How about on Friday when we are all at Gerard and Mikey’s for the night? I’ll do it then, ok?” He gave me this look I couldn’t refuse. I sighed.

“Fine,” I hissed. “But it better be a damn good kiss or I’ll kick your ass! And you cannot tell Kayla it’s a dare no matter what. Got it?” he was about to reply when the bell cut him off. He nodded slightly before saying goodbye to everyone and leaving the room.

“See you guys later!” I called as everyone left the room, leaving just me, Mikey, and Gerard.

“Char don’t forget about your homework for, oh who am I kidding, she’s already gone.” Gerard sighed resting his head on my back. His arms were wrapped around my waist, his hands each resting on a hip. I felt my skin tingle each time he touched it and sighed. This boy man had so much effect on me it was unbelievable.

Then in came my worst nightmare, Stephanie Brookes. She has got to be the snobbiest, most self centered, popular, bitch I have ever met. We’ve hated each other ever since pre-school when I accidentally sat on her ice cream cup. Believe me it was a worse experience for me, having something as cold and slimy as that on my ass. Ice Cream was never the same to me after that. She set her purse down on the ground and sat on her stool.

“Excuse me, I know you enjoy sleeping with the teacher to get a good grade, but you don’t need to do it in front of us!” She complained flipping her hair and applying some lip gloss. “Some of us actually work hard of our grade.”

I quickly jumped out of Gerard Mr. Way’s lap, shoot him an apologetic look, and ran to my seat next to Mikey before the rest of the class walked in.

“I know your not counting yourself in that category, Brookes. The other day I heard Ms. Hood telling Mr. O’ Keefe that you give wonderful blow jobs.” I commented back pulling out my sketch book and pencils. Her mouth opened in shock as looked up from filing her nails.

“I am not the lesbian here, Farr. What’s your little friends name, Charlotte? I heard you two got hot and heavy at Daniel Keene’s party.” She snapped raising her perfectly shaped eyebrow.

“First of all, that was in fifth grade, secondly it was on a dare and it was a peck on the cheek, and thirdly I am not a lesbian. Didn’t you just accuse me of liking our teacher? Who happens to be, hmm I dunno, A GUY?” I asked giving her a pitied look.

“I’m not the one whose gender confused. Doesn’t your boyfriend know he’s wearing girl pants?” She asked shooting a death glare at Mikey.

“Mikey isn’t my boyfriend and he looks damn hotter in girl pants than you ever could!” I snarled. She smirked.

“Aww Mikey, I think our friend Raven has a little crush on you!” She mocked, then blew a bubble with her gum. I opened my mouth to say something back but the bell rang again. Damn bell.