Status: Contest Entry

Sing Me To Sleep

This is the scene where we depart

~ ~ ~ R ~ ~ ~

I took a slow step closer to him, my knuckles turning white from holding the knife so tightly. I smirked as he took a fearful step back. I took another step and watched him fall onto my bed.

“You broke my heart…now I’m going to repay the favor.” I pushed him down and straddled his waist. He gasped as I put the cold metal of the knife to his neck. “I’m gonna cut out all your regrets, Baby.” he squirmed under me and looked up at me with terror filled eyes, while I leaned down and kissed his neck before running the blade gently across. A thin red line trickled a few drops of blood as he whimpered.

“Ralan, p-please d-don’t do this-” I sunk the blade into his arm and pulled it down. I laughed at his screams.

I put the gun to his head and whispered in his ear. “Take off your shirt.” He obediently removed it. I smirked at him; got off and chained his hands and feet to the bed. His eyes widened and he struggled uselessly against the bindings when he saw me coming towards him with the blade.

“You should have been a good boy…but don’t they always say-” I put the blade to his chest and began to carve words into his flesh. He screamed as the blade sliced across his skin, releasing the crimson fluid inside. I pulled the blade back and looked down at my work. “-that love hurts.” Those two words ’Love Hurts’ glistened across his chest from the blood that now coated my hands.

“Ralan! Please stop!”
“Did you stop? No, you kept see that boy and lying to me!” I put the knife to his throat and the gun to his head. “Why couldn’t you be happy with just me?”

“I…I don’t know.”
“Weak…”
“We can solve this diff-”

“It’s too late.” I pulled the knife roughly across his throat and watched a crimson river flow from the torn flesh. His screams became gurgling sounds as he stared at me in horror.

I leaned down and whispered in his ear, “Now you can go with your lover, but don’t be surprised if he doesn’t love you back…because I ripped out his heart.” I pulled the trigger of the gun and felt his body jerk from the bullets impact. Blood splattered across my face and leaked down his. I kissed his lonely lips as the fire died in his eyes and his body went limp.

I pulled my phone out and dialed my ‘mother’s’ number.
“Yes Dear?”
“It’s time to move.”
“Well it lasted longer than most of your relationships? How’d you do it?” Her voice became excited at the thought of the killing.

“Sliced throat and a bullet to the head. I got his lover too.” I smiled at the memory of that boy, Neo, on his knees begging me not to hurt him and how my knife had done wondrous things to him. I could still hear his screams.

“Wonderful! Shall we put them with the others?”
“Yeah.” I hung up, looked down at the bloody, limp body, and stroked his cold cheek.

“It was always forever…or never.”
~ ~ ~ ~ ~
♠ ♠ ♠
so this is the final chapter...