Sequel: Ready to Start
Status: finished, but the story never ends. continuation soon.

Means the World

1.

The work day at the ministry of magic was nearly over. Elise Seymour was exhausted from just sitting at her desk organizing papers for the Auror office. They were busier than ever because of the rise of Voldemort. Elise’s dad wasn’t comfortable with her starting work so soon after Voldemort was in the ministry building itself, but she could care less about what her father thought.

She was eighteen and it was time for her to make her own decisions.

Elise brushed her white pantsuit and ran her fingers through her now straight golden brown hair. She stacked the files of reports and organized them to the right mailbox. Just as she was about to leave for the day, her coworker, Agatha, came in. “Hello Elise…they asked me to bring this to you. It’s supposed to go to the junior assistant of the minister and you’re to deliver it before you leave.”

Elise sighed audibly and took the file, thanking Agatha. She grabbed her purse and took off for the office of the Minister. A while later she stood in front of the office of the minister, short of breath. There was a tall red haired man sitting at a desk in front of her. “Can I help you?” he asked simply.

She handed him the file. “I was asked to deliver this to the Junior Assistant to the minister.” She said.

The man grinned cockily, raising his head in the air. “I am the Junior Assistant to the Minister; I’m Percy Weasley.”

Just before Elise turned around she heard the name. “As in Weasley Wizard Wheezes?” she asked.

Percy frowned. “Yes.”

Elise came closer to him. “You’re related to Fred Weasley.” She stated slowly.

Percy rolled his eyes. “Yes, unfortunately.”

Elise smiled with hope. “Are you in contact with him?"

Percy sighed. “Look, if you’re one of my brother’s lousy hookups, I’m afraid to tell you I don’t speak to anyone in my family.” He snapped.

She shook her head. “No, I dated your brother.”

He wrinkled his nose. “Then I advise you to avoid him…a young girl working in the ministry like you as a lot of potential. You shouldn’t run around with my brother’s kind.” He snapped.

Elise turned on her heel and quickly left without a word to Percy Weasley.

As soon as she was out, she ripped off her white jacket. It was so hot out. She decided to go
to Diagon Alley for ice cream at Fortescue’s parlor. Her jacket was slung over her shoulder and she dug through her purse to find galleons to pay for her ice cream.

“I’ve got it.” said a husky voice.

“Thank you so much.” Elise said, turning around. She saw a tall, burly man wearing a Puddlemere United Quidditch shirt. He grinned at her.

“No problem…you seem like you’ve had a rough day.” He said, paying for his ice cream as well.

Elise sighed. “You don’t even know the half of it.”

He looked at her. “Where do you work?” he asked.

Elise licked her ice cream. “I work at the Auror office at the Ministry of Magic.”

The man winced. “Ah, I would see why it’s been hard. Anyway, I’m Oliver Wood.” He said, holding a hand out to her. “I’m keeper for Puddlemere United.” He said.

Elise smiled. “I’m Elise Seymour…so, Oliver, what are you doing here instead of training?” she asked.

Oliver shrugged. “I’ve come to visit my old mates; we always have dinners on Friday. They own a store down here and I just come in to hang out with them.” He said.

Elise sighed. “That sounds nice…all my old mates don’t talk to me.” She said.

“Do you go out much?” Oliver asked.

Elise shrugged. “Not too much…I’ve only been here for the summer.”

Oliver smiled. “You should come to dinner with me. Look, how about I meet you in front of here around six o’clock and I’ll take you to their place.”

Elise smiled. “Okay.”

She bid Oliver goodbye and left for her flat to get ready for the night.

*~*~*~*

Fred Weasley was closing shop early. It was Friday and they always closed around four or five. At six Angelina, Alicia, and Oliver were coming around for dinner like they usually did on a Friday night.

Oliver walked into the store before Fred could lock the doors.

“Eh, you’re early.” Fred said, hugging his old friend.

Oliver grinned. “I just came to tell you, I met a girl and invited her to dinner tonight. She’s only been living in the alley for the summer and she doesn’t have a lot of friends.” He said. “She’s definitely foreign…I’m feeling a French vibe.”

Fred chuckled. “And what’s her name?”

Oliver laughed. “That’s a surprise, mate. Anyway, I’ve got to pick her up in a bit so I’ll see you later.” He said, leaving the store front.

Fred went upstairs to start dinner. George was taking a shower. After dinner was ready, he cleaned up the place a little. He dumped most of the trash into his already messy room. He saw the picture frames littering his room. He hadn’t taken much thought to them recently.

Fred walked up to a bookshelf with four frames.

One was of his whole family at Christmas. Percy was still in it, meaning they were young. Another was of him and George as children playing in the field by their house. The third was a picture of the Quidditch team during his third year; that was the first year Harry was on the team. It was right after their first game and the twins had arms around him. The last was of him and a face he hadn’t seen in a long time.

She was giggling, running her hands through his red hair. His head was in her lap and he was looking up at her, totally taken over by love. She would look at him and then smile up at the picture taker. He never took his eyes off of her. Everything about her was perfect; from her creamy skin that had a cherry tint on her cheeks when she blushed to her curly ringlets.

“You could always find her, you know.” George said.

Fred jumped to see his twin standing behind him. His hair was wet, but he was dressed for dinner.

“It’s never going to be the same.” Fred murmured. “It didn’t mean a thing to her.”
♠ ♠ ♠
AAAAH SEQUEL.