Sequel: Ready to Start
Status: finished, but the story never ends. continuation soon.

Means the World

10.

The school year had started and the alley was noticeably quieter than before. It was getting colder and it was now deep in fall. She’d been seeing Oliver for about two months already and she hadn’t spoken to Fred since he’d left her apartment.

Elise stood in her mirror, putting on red lipstick. She was going on a date with Oliver. He’d just come home from training for the day and had to leave at midnight again to train. She didn’t understand why he had to leave so much; he was only on reserve.

The door opened and Elise grinned at her boyfriend. “Bonjour, Oliver.” She said.

Oliver walked over and kissed her nose. “Did I ever tell you how much I like it when you
speak French?” he asked.

Elise giggled. “Never.”

Oliver took her hand and led her out. They apparated to a restaurant in Diagon Alley.

“Damn, half the alley looks closed down.” Oliver said.

Elise nodded. “Ever since the death eaters started showing up, people have closed up shop.” She said. “Fortescue went missing last week.” She said sadly.

Oliver sighed. “That’s too bad…anyway, let’s have dinner.” He said.

They went in and sat down. “You look gorgeous, by the way.” He said.

Elise smiled bashfully and looked down at her black dress. “Thank you.”

“I’ve missed you…I’m sorry, this schedule is rubbish.” Oliver confessed.

“Is it always like this?” she asked.

Oliver bit his lip. “Kind of…we practice all year round.”

Elise sighed. They ate their meal in relative silence; at least for Elise. Oliver went on and on about Quidditch like he usually did.

“I had a hard day at the office.” Elise chirped in the one second Oliver was chewing, not speaking.

“Oh, why?” he asked.

“Everyone kept throwing papers at me…it’s been absolute hell in the office since the return of You-Know-Who.” She admitted.

“Ah, that reminds me of a time when I was in a Quaffle drill…” Oliver went off.

Elise sighed, sipped her wine, and sat back to Oliver’s story.

*~*~*~*

Near eleven, Oliver dropped Elise back off at her flat. While walking in the street, she grabbed his hand. He quietly released it and kept his distance.

“Are you sure you can’t just go tomorrow morning? You could always stay the night if you don’t have a place to stay.” She said hesitantly.

“I’m sorry I can’t.” He pouted.

Elise kissed him and he pulled away. “Goodnight! I’ll owl you soon!” he called.

She huffed and entered her flat, slamming the door shut. She washed her hair and left it curly. Elise took off her fancy black dress and put on a pair of tights and an oversized shirt.
Throwing her heels into the corner, she slipped on some flats and grabbed a jacket.

Where was she going?

She found herself walking down Diagon Alley at midnight. She didn’t know why she was walking towards Weasley Wizard Wheezes, but she was. She walked faster and faster until she was at the stairs at the side of the building. Slowly, she climbed up them and knocked on the door.

“Christ George, I thought you were never coming in-Elise?” asked Fred. He was wearing pajamas and a Weasley Christmas sweater.

“Can I come in?” she asked quietly.

“Sure.” Fred muttered.

She walked inside; it was dark and smelled musky. Fred turned on the lights. “I’ll start the kettle.” He said, heading to the kitchen. Elise sat on the couch and put a fire in the fireplace. Before long, Fred came back with two mugs filled with tea.

“Thank you.” She said, taking it and sipping. “Where’s George?”

Fred shrugged. “He’s been on business for a couple days. We don’t like being too far apart from each other-shitty stuff happens when we’re not together-but someone had to manage the store because Verity has dragon pox. George is in Japan testing pearl dust for the love
potions.”

Elise nodded, taking another sip.

“Erm, I hope you don’t mind me asking, but what are you doing here?” Fred asked.

“I had a date with Oliver tonight.” Elise said.

“So?” Fred asked.

“Have you ever felt that someone just doesn’t give you attention? Have you ever felt that they don’t care, even though at first they really did?” she asked.

“What are you getting at?” Fred asked, putting down his mug. Elise set hers down next to his jumped him.

Fred was shocked. Elise was attacking his lips and taking off his sweater. Before long, she was peeling her shirt off as well and leading him to his bedroom.

“Wha?” he asked.

“Are you going to shag me or not?” she asked. “Last time you asked me if we were going to carry on. Well, I want to.” She said simply.

And Fred shut the door.
♠ ♠ ♠
aw snap.