Sequel: Ready to Start
Status: finished, but the story never ends. continuation soon.

Means the World

13.

Elise had now moved out of her flat and was living with the Weasleys for a month. She quietly made her leave from work; it didn’t look too suspicious because many ministry workers were leaving their posts. They either disappeared or died.

Elise was sitting in the boys’ back office doing the paperwork. At the time, she was calculating the boys’ money, selling patterns, and the cost for supply.

“How are you doing, Elise?” George asked.

“I’m calculating the sales on the pearl dust from Japan for the love potions…I convinced Ralph to cut you a deal.” She said. “He’s been giving it to us thirty percent off for being loyal to the Mikidori business.” She said.

George grinned. “Excellent…well, I’m off to see Mum, she asked one of us over today to help her with some garden business. Fred’s up in the front if you need him.” He said, hesitating. “What’s going on between you two, anyway?”

“We’ve patched things up.” Elise said simply.

“How are you and Oliver?” he asked.

Elise sighed. “He’s still treating me like a baby doll. I don’t get why he thinks he has to treat me like that. I’m not going to break.” She said bitterly.

“A little sexual tension? Ick, I’m out of here.” George teased.

Elise waved him away and he left. She sat down again and started running over the numbers.

God, things had changed.

Over the past year, she’d gone from top model student, exotic new girl, respectable good girl, to a cheating sex fiend.

It was too ironic to even think about it. For the past month that she’d been living with the boys, she’d slept with Fred at least once a week. How George didn’t know, it was a wonder. She had a drift that Oliver could tell, but she just brushed him off.

*~*~*~*

Fred was on the floor selling when Oliver Wood walked in. “Oi mate, can I have a word?” he asked.

“Yeah, what’s going on? How are you and Elise?” Fred asked.

It cut him up to pretend. He knew that Elise wasn’t happy in the relationship. They’d been going out three months and he’d hardly done more than kiss her. She wanted more attention than that.

“I’ve been getting some vibes from her and I was wondering if you could help me out, seeing as you live with her and all. You obviously know more about her than me.” He asked.

“Sure…what’s on your mind?” Fred asked.

“Is she cheating on me?” Oliver blurted.

Fred winced and looked around. “What are you talking about?”

Oliver looked at his feet. “I’m just getting these vibes…that she’s with someone else while I’m at training, you know? I only ever see her on the weekends and she’s distant.”

“Maybe she just wants attention.” Fred pointed out.

Oliver raised an eyebrow. “You know I’m not like that, Fred. I’m not saying I’m any virgin, but I want to be super serious with a girl before setting that down.”

“I don’t know, mate.” Fred said sheepishly.

“Tell me, does she ever leave unexpectedly during the day?” Oliver asked curiously.

Fred shook his head quickly. “To tell you the truth, she never leaves much. She’s usually doing the books, cleaning, cooking, or owling her dad.”

He was telling the truth, sort of.

Oliver sighed. “Can you keep tabs on her for me at least? It would give a poor guy peace of mind.” He said.

“Why don’t you ask her if you trust her so much?” Fred asked.

“That’s the thing; I don’t.” Oliver warned. “Can I see her?”

Fred jerked a hand at the back room. “She’s in there.” He said. Oliver nodded and went in there. Fred turned to see her smile and hug him gently. She kissed his cheek and went to sit.

*~*~*~*

Fred was lying in bed with Elise at his side. She was drumming her fingers on his chest.

“What are we doing?” He blurted.

“What do you mean?” Elise asked.

“Are we just sleeping together?” he asked.

Elise bit her lip. “I don’t really know.” She said sheepishly.

Fred got up and started putting clothes on. He left the room, breaking the muffiliato and silencio charms on the room.

“Where are you going?” she hissed, as not to wake up George. Fred stared at her. She stood in the door frame of his room wearing her underwear and his shirt. He would’ve gladly walked back into the room with her had her boyfriend and one of his best friends not begged him to keep tabs on her.

“I need fresh air.” He stated, leaving.

Ten minutes later, he was sitting at a muggle bar. Sometimes he wished he could just throw himself into the muggle world. It would be ten times easier than working against Voldemort.

He could just meet a girl, grow old with her, and forget about magic.

But the girl he loved was in his room, naked, and seeing another man. His family was the world to him, and he couldn’t emotionally live without George.

“Something on your mind, sweetheart?” asked the young bartender. She was at least his age, with curly blonde hair and earnest brown eyes.

“Can I ask you advice?” he asked.

“I’m a bartender; that’s what I do.” She joked. “Seriously, fire away.”