Sequel: Ready to Start
Status: finished, but the story never ends. continuation soon.

Means the World

15.

“I saw the letters at Elise’s house.” Fred muttered. They were sitting on the couch together.

“She never read them?” Oliver asked.

Fred shook his head coldly. “Nope, she never did. I never told you this, but the night I got drunk and stayed at her place, we slept together. I took her virginity.” Fred said, a stone lodged in his throat.

George was shocked. “Are you serious?”

Fred nodded. “Yeah…and the day Wood asked her to be his girlfriend, I was in her closet, naked.”

George was too appalled for words. “How could you, Fred? Oliver’s been our friend since we were tots.”

Fred stood up. “Again, don’t hate me for this…we’ve been sleeping together ever since she moved in.” he croaked.

George covered his mouth. “Sweet Merlin, really? How could I not know?”

“You’re quite the heavy sleeper.” Fred noted.

George brushed that off. “So what about Wood?”

Fred stared out the window. “She said he’s a great guy but she doesn’t see herself with him. But she doesn’t want to break up with him because she thinks she’ll hurt him.” Fred
hesitated, but continued. “But really, she’s hurting me too. She’s hurting him and she’s killing me because I can’t watch him kiss her. I can’t listen to him describe their dates when I know I’m just going to fuck her in a few minutes.” He croaked.

George quickly stood up and marched into Elise’s room. Fred covered his face with his hands.

What had he done?

*~*~*~*

Elise was sitting on the bed when George stormed in. He locked the door and cast silencing spells so Fred wouldn’t hear him.

“How could you?” he spit.

“George, please, you have to listen to me.” Elise begged.

“How could you hurt my brother and one of our oldest friends at the same time?” he snarled.

“Fred consented to it, he said it was fine.” She shook.

“You should know him well enough that he can hide his emotions very well. Everyone says that Fred’s the leader, but sometimes he falls behind, Elise.” George said coldly.

“Please, George, sit.” Elise begged. George did as she asked.

“I love him. I always have, and I always will. But things will never be the same.” She sobbed. “I can’t hurt Oliver; he’s too sweet to me.”

“It’s simple, Elise. Just tell him that you can’t be in a relationship.” George mentioned.

“I don’t know if I’m strong enough to do that.” Elise whimpered.

“You’re Elise fucking Seymour! You’re stronger than any witch I’ve ever met! You’re stronger than Hermione, you know more than any of us combined, but here you are being the stupidest witch I’ve ever seen.” George spat. “You really hurt Fred when you never owled back.”

“But I did! I sent him letters every day! I don’t know what happened to them. He has them, I know he does. I sent him so many…George, my dad was keeping the letters from me. He hid them because he thought we were in danger.” She croaked.

George stared at her. “He never got them.”

“I don’t know where they went. I sent him a letter every day.” She sobbed.

George stood up; he didn’t know who to believe. All he saw was his ex girlfriend sitting on her bed, curled up and crying. She was telling the truth, but so was Fred.

“Just break up with Wood.” He said.

*~*~*~*

Elise sat on the bench. She was in the middle of a park in London. Elise was waiting for Oliver to show up. She was going to tell him everything.

She saw him and hugged him. “We need to talk.” She said plainly.

Oliver nodded. “I know we do.”

They both sat on the bench. “You’re keeping things from me, Elise. I don’t know what to believe anymore. Is there someone else?” Oliver asked.

Elise looked at her hands. “Yes, there is.” She said, pausing. “I’m so sorry.”

Oliver sighed. “Why didn’t you tell me?”

“You’re just so sweet to me, I couldn’t bring myself to tell you. Every time I see you you’re an angel, but…you treat me like I’m a doll. I’m not going to break if you touch me.” She said. “I needed someone who would be there for me and love me unconditionally, not leave me and only see me for dinner on the weekends.”

“We haven’t had much of a relationship, have we?” he joked.

Elise looked down. “I’m serious, Oliver.”

Oliver sat there for a moment, contemplating. After seconds, he put it all together.

“I know who it is now.”
♠ ♠ ♠
We're more or less halfway through this...I totally didn't keep track of updating and the days, so expect an update every day for the next twenty days until the movie is out. whew. I've written to chapter 30 in the draft and I'm planning on 35 chapters, so we've still got some way to go.