Sequel: Ready to Start
Status: finished, but the story never ends. continuation soon.

Means the World

22.

It wasn’t long before the whole family joined them at Auntie Muriel’s. It wasn’t safe at the Burrow anymore, so they placed protective charms over it and they all disappeared. Bill and Fleur left to make home far north in a remote place; they needed space from their family.
Ginny went back off to Hogwarts against the wishes of her parents, but due to the new laws, she had to. Ron was missing; Fred knew he was with Harry, and so did the rest of the family, but their mother refused to believe it.

“I suppose it’s not safe to go back to the shop.” Fred muttered.

“I don’t think so.” George said. “The most we can do is get some important stuff and lock it up like the rest of Diagon Alley.” He suggested.

They apparated into their empty shop. It seemed as if their entire staff had deserted it too. The doors were locked and every shade down. Fred, George, and Elise went up to the flat; everything was untouched save for a letter on the table.

Dear Mr. Weasley(s)-

This is our combined resignation letter. We understand that your family is under watch now and we thought it was just too dangerous for any of us to stick around. Anyway, we wish you luck with your future endeavors and hope to see you again.

Verity and staff


“Well that’s a pretty shitty resignation. What rubbish.” George commented, throwing the paper into the fireplace and burning it with his wand. “You should get to starting on packing.”

Elise put an extendable charm on their bags; they put everything they could. All of their clothes and belongings were thrown in. After packing the whole place save the furniture, they disapparated after putting locking charms on the building.

“Well, that’s it for now.” Fred said. “What do we do now?”

“Plan a wedding?” George asked mischievously.

“Whoa, whoa, we just got engaged a couple days ago.” Elise argued. “We should wait some time, have a proper engagement!”

George chuckled. “In this time, there is no proper.”

“Your mum and dad won’t let us go out and get married!” Elise said.

Fred scratched his head. “That’s kind of why I told her we’re not staying.”

Elise cocked her head. “What?”

*~*~*~*

Molly Weasley walked into the small room Fred, George, and Elise would have to share for the time being. Muriel wasn’t too keen on giving out her rooms to her family. She’d let the boys and Elise go to the alley flat to pick up clothes and belongings; the only things they had were the formal wear they’d worn to the wedding.

She walked into the room to see the cot and bed empty. They should’ve been back by now. A letter sat on the bed and Molly’s heart filled with dread as she read it.

Dear Mum, Dad, and Ginny (Perhaps even Muriel, even though she could care less),

We know you’ll be angry at us for not sticking around, but we just can’t. There isn’t enough space in Muriel’s place for all of us, even when Ginny goes off to school. Ron’s around the world doing who knows what. Bill and Fleur are safe at Shell and Charlie is safe wherever he is now; hopefully he’s back in Romania. Anyway, we can’t tell you where we’re going, but we just want you to know we’re safe. Elise is safe. In fact, Elise and I (being Fred, of course) are engaged now. We promise to send you anything about a wedding; we’ll try not to get married without you. Anyway, love and kisses. We hope to see you soon.

Love, Fred, George, and Elise (even though she has no part in this and has no idea this is going to happen)


Molly screamed as Arthur ran into the room. “What is it Molly?”

She shook as she handed him the letter. “They’re gone.”

*~*~*~*

All of a sudden, they were in a different country. Elise definitely recognized it.

“We’re in France.” She said.

George nodded and led them up the stairs to a flat. “Welcome to the safe house.” He said, opening the door. After it was closed, he put enchantments on the door. “We’ll be safe here. There are hardly any attacks outside of the UK right now and this place is unplottable.”

It was an open room with a desk and fireplace. The kitchen wasn’t too shabby and a hallway led to three bedrooms and a bathroom. There were people sitting in the room-Alicia, Angelina, and Lee.

“You’re finally here! It took you that long to get time away from the family?” Lee asked.

“What are you all doing here?” Elise gaped.

“It’s the safe house. We wanted out of the country and we thought where the safest place is? Then we thought of you in France. So Angelina got us a flat and we pulled together all of our muggle money.” Alicia said.

“Wouldn’t they find it suspicious that you guys all took out your money?” Elise asked.

Angelina shook her head. “Everyone is doing it nowadays. Besides, I have my separate accounts. I go by a different name in the muggle world.”

“Are we all really going to do this?” Elise asked, holding Fred’s hand.

He smiled. “Yeah. It’s the safest place we can track Potterwatch. Plus, we have a place to set up and live on our own for a while.” He pulled Elise to their room. “This is ours. Across the hall is Alicia and Angelina’s room, then Lee and George are sharing one.”

“No shagging without silencing charms though.” Angelina quipped.

Everyone laughed as Elise went bright red.

“This is it.”