Sequel: Ready to Start
Status: finished, but the story never ends. continuation soon.

Means the World

25.

Ginny walked into the house, bruised and beaten. The school year had taken its toll on her-literally. She was glad to be home for the Christmas holidays, even if Ron, Fred, and George were missing.

“There’s a surprise for you upstairs in George and Fred’s room.” Her dad said.

“I miss them, and Elise. They need to come home now.” She complained, stomping up the stairs. She pushed the door open to see Fred, George, and Elise sitting on the floor, playing exploding snap.

“Hey Gin!” they all called.

She screamed. “You’re home!” Ginny launched herself onto the boys and Elise, sobbing with happiness. “You prats! You didn’t tell us where you were!”

Elise chuckled. “We’ve been in France.”

“You should go someday Gin, it’s fabulous.” George noted.

“Mum says you two are engaged! Let me see that ring!” she said, taking Elise’s hand. Indeed, the diamond ring was on her finger.

“Oh, I’m so glad you’re home.” She teared up, hugging them all. She winced when they touched her bruise.

“Is that a bruise on your neck?” Fred asked slowly.

She rubbed it. “The Carrows like corporal punishment.” She said sheepishly.

George growled. “I’ll kill them.”

“Me too.” Fred said fiercely.

“Not before I do.” Ginny said strongly.

“Hey, everyone, let’s stay calm.” Elise said, putting a hand on Fred.

Ginny grinned when she saw the ring. “So you two are getting married?”

Elise blushed. “I know it’s sudden and we’ve only been together for a short time.”

Ginny opened her arms. “I don’t care; I love you! You’re already my sister.”

Elise smiled widely and hugged Ginny. Fred and George smiled at the sight.

“This is all touching, but I think its dinner time.” said George. “We should head down and eat.”

Ginny followed her older brother as Elise took Fred’s hand and they went down the stairs to a feast Mrs. Weasley had cooked up.

*~*~*~*

After dinner, Ginny and Elise sat in her room, drinking hot chocolate.

“So when is the wedding?” Ginny asked.

Elise shrugged. “Fred wants to get married this spring…I was hoping we’d wait until everything died down, you know? I don’t think it’ll be right without Ron there.” She said.

Ginny sighed. “I know. I miss them all so much. I can’t bear being away from Harry…”

Elise grinned. “So you two had a pretty serious relationship, eh?”

Ginny chuckled. “Yeah, we did. Who knew, win the Quidditch cup and Harry Potter kisses you in front of the whole of Gryffindor.”

“Did you love him?” Elise echoed.

Ginny smiled fondly. “I do love him. I’ve always liked him, but getting to know him, actually not being afraid of him…I realized I loved him and he loved me.”

“What happened?” Elise asked.

Ginny snorted. “What always happens with Harry-he has to be the hero. He said You-Know-Who would target me if he didn’t break up with me.”

“It’s for the best.” Elise said.

Ginny looked up at her. “Elise, how do you tell that you want to spend the rest of your life with someone?” she blurted.

Elise blushed. “There really isn’t a way to know…you just feel it.”

“Did you feel it with Fred?”

Elise nodded. “Veela only love once, so the second I knew I loved Fred, I knew I’d spend the rest of my life with him.”

Ginny sighed. “It’s lucky you can tell.”

“Do you maybe think you want to spend the rest of your life with Harry?” Elise asked.

Ginny smiled. “Maybe…I love him. He’s perfect for me. I just hope we make it out of this alive.” She said sadly.

Elise put an arm around her. “Don’t worry, Gin. Everything will be okay.”

Ginny sighed. “Everything was so different this time last year.”

Elise nodded. “Christmas last year wasn’t that great.”

“I’m sorry. Do you miss your dad?” Ginny asked.

Elise nodded. “I do…I know he was just trying to protect me.”

Ginny sighed. “Let’s change the subject. So the wedding?” she asked.

“You’d be one of our bridesmaids, of course, along with Angelina and Alicia.” Elise teased. “We were thinking purple for the color.”

Ginny giggled and covered her mouth. “I’m so excited.”

“It won’t be a while.” Elise warned.

Ginny shrugged. “Awhile means nothing these days.”
♠ ♠ ♠
2 days until i leave for the harry potter resort....waaaahhh so excited.
but if my condo doesn't have internet, i'm going to flip a tit and freak out. i've gone through so much to try and update these on time and get this finished before the movie ends.

EDIT*
I've added the link to George's continuation on my profile. Read ahead at your own risk to see what it's about! I tried not to put any spoilers in the description, but start guessing what goes down(;