Sequel: Ready to Start
Status: finished, but the story never ends. continuation soon.

Means the World

26.

Ginny was packed up and leaving. George, Fred, and Elise opted to leave at the same time. Two sets of goodbyes for Mrs. Weasley were just too much to handle, so it would be easier to just end it all together.

“We’ll try and get in contact with you as much as we can…it’ll be hard to owl, Mum.” Fred said.

“Oh, I know, but just reassure me that I don’t need to worry.” She said, putting her hands to her cheeks.

Fred laughed. “What do you even need to worry about?”

Mrs. Weasley shot him a look. “Not funny, Fred.”

Fred grinned. “Only joking, Mum.”

“Now, promise you won’t get married without me there!” she said.

Elise patted Fred’s stomach. “We wouldn’t do a thing without you, Molly.” She said, a smile erupting on her face.

Mrs. Weasley kissed the two of them, George, and Ginny and set them on their way. Ginny begrudgingly went back to Hogwarts via floo powder. George apparated first, and Elise and Fred side along apparated.

They apparated straight into the apartment with a swish. “Good to see you’re back.” Angelina said, hugging them.

“What have you all been up to?” Elise asked, setting her bag on the table.

Alicia grinned. “We’ve been doing nothing at all and it’s been fabulous.” She said, leaning her head back.

Angelina picked up her luggage. “Come on, we’ll get you moved back in. Alicia?”

Alicia hopped off the couch and followed the girls into her room. Angelina put down the suitcase and they started putting the clothes Elise had brought into the dresser.

Alicia shut the door. “So, were you?”

Elise sighed. “No, thank God. I took one of those muggle pregnancy tests. Ginny ran into town and got one for me.”

Angelina sighed. “That was a close one.”

Elise nodded. “We could’ve been in a sticky situation.”

Alicia chuckled. “Wouldn’t that be one, a pregnant bride during the height of You-Know-Who. You wouldn’t have fit into your gown.” She said.

“So, what have you been doing?” Elise asked, hopping on the bed.

Angelina shrugged. “Mostly wandering around town…Lee’s been working Potterwatch.”

“Are there any sights of them?” Elise asked.

Alicia shook her head. “Not true sightings…but they said in Godric’s Hollow on Christmas, they found Bathilda Bagshot’s body. Apparently, she’s been dead for months and no one found her. Plus, strangely enough, there was a wreath of Christmas roses on the Potters’ grave.” She said. “A lot of people are starting to think Harry and Hermione were there.”

“What about Ron?” Elise asked.

Alicia shook her head. “Lee told us Ron contacted him looking for the twins. He skipped out on Harry and Hermione, but wanted to go back and was wondering if the twins could help him. When he heard they were at their parents place, he freaked. He’s with Bill and Fleur right now.”

Elise sighed. “This is just getting more complicated.”

Angelina nodded. “It won’t stop anytime soon.”

*~*~*~*

It was early April and Angelina was rushing into the bathroom to hold back Elise’s hair. The boys were out on a day trip leaving the girls at home and Elise was sick. She had been ill for the past couple days.

“Oh, Elise, we should get you to a doctor.” Angelina said, worriedly.

“I…what if I’m pregnant?” she whispered.

Angelina’s eyes widened. “What?” she asked loudly.

Elise shut the door. “Fred and I have been doing it for quite some time without anything.” She hissed.

Angelina covered her mouth. “Why didn’t you say so?” she asked.

“I…I didn’t want anyone to know!” Elise said.

"Didn't you think you were pregnant a couple months ago? It could just be something else." Angelina said, desperately hoping it wasn't what they suspected.

"I don't know." Elise whimpered.

“How long do you think?” Angelina asked, examining her abdomen. Elise self consciously covered her stomach.

“No more than two or three months.” She said.

“Are you going to get it checked or not?” Angelina asked.

“I need to tell Fred first.” She said.

“Tell Fred what?” asked a muffled voice. The door opened and Fred walked in. “Tell me what?”

Elise bit her lip. “That I might be pregnant.”

Fred immediately turned white and fainted.

Hours later, everyone was crouched around Fred. “What happened?” he asked, dazed.

“You fainted…are you alright?” Elise asked, worried. She was holding his hand.

“You’re pregnant?” he asked slowly.

Elise nodded slowly. “Maybe…I don’t know for sure yet.”

Fred sat up. “Marry me. Now.”
♠ ♠ ♠
aww sheeeit.