Sequel: Ready to Start
Status: finished, but the story never ends. continuation soon.

Means the World

27.

Elise’s mouth was wide open.

“Now? Are you sure?” she asked.

“This weekend we’ll do it.” He said. “Lee and Alicia can get flowers together and Angelina can find dresses. Lee and I will get suits and you already have your dress. I can call up that wizard that married Bill and Fleur and Lee, Alicia, Angelina, and George can be witnesses. George will be my best man, you pick your maid of honor.” He said.

Everyone stared at him.

“I think he’s gone off his rocker.” George whispered loudly. Everyone started firing off things to Fred.

“Are you insane?” Alicia asked.

“What’s with you?” Lee asked as well.

“How do I know you’re not just marrying me because I’m pregnant?” Elise asked.

“Because we don’t even know yet.” Fred said. “Come on, we’re already engaged. This is just…speeding things up a bit.”

“He has a point.” Angelina said.

“But what about your parents? And Bill, Fleur, Ginny, Harry, Hermione, Ron?” she asked.

Fred brushed her off. “They’ll forgive us…if not, we’ll pretend we’re not married and get married again for Mum’s sake.”

Elise was stunned for a moment. “Okay. Let’s do it.” She said bravely.

The whole room cheered as Fred kissed Elise.

*~*~*~*

“Do we have flowers?” George chirped.

Lee counted for the white roses all over the house. “We’ve got roses.”

“Do we have food and drinks?” he asked again.

Alicia coughed from the kitchen. “Enough to feed more than us.”

“Bridesmaids dresses?” he asked.

Angelina walked out in a purple dress with another on a hanger. “Two for the bridesmaids.”

“Suits?”

Lee pulled out three suits. “We’re going to look dapper.”

George nodded. “Excellent, excellent…do we have a minister?”

“He’s scheduled to be here tomorrow afternoon.” Angelina announced. “I’ve secured a garden not too far from here and a hotel room for the happy couple for two days and a night.” She said.

Elise squealed from the bathroom. “I’m not pregnant!” she yelled.

George wrinkled his nose. “Right before your wedding? Sucks for Fred.” He said. “That’s gross.”

Elise came out of the bathroom. “Not that, you arse. I took a test. I am not pregnant.” She announced.

“Then why were you so sick?” Angelina asked.

“Stress…sadness…confinement…perhaps that disgusting excuse for food we had the day before.” Lee said.

“Oh!” Angelina and Alicia said at the same time.

“Makes sense you wouldn’t think of it; you two weren’t the brightest…” Lee said, earning him smacks from the girls.

“Let’s adjust your dress.” Angelina said, ushering the girls into a room. They took the dress they’d bought months ago and eased Elise into it. It was snug, like an old memory. She turned to herself in the mirror and put on the veil.

“You look like a princess. You’re glowing.” Alicia said, putting her hands on her shoulder.

“I just wish everyone could be here.” She sighed. “We could wait, but all the arrangements have been made…”

“You want to marry Fred, don’t you?” Angelina asked, worried.

“I do, I really do…I’m just afraid, you know? Afraid of losing it all.” She said sadly.

“You won’t lose anything, Elise. You’re just gaining. You’re getting an amazing husband and you’ve got us. Harry, Hermione, and Ron will be back soon and everything will be fine again.” Angelina said.

“Are you so sure?” Elise asked softly.

Alicia sighed. “No one can be sure, Lise. We just need to celebrate the present without worrying about the future.”

Angelina stared at Alicia. “Since when have you been so profound?” she asked.

Alicia grinned. “I’m smart.”

*~*~*~*

Elise pressed her face to the door. “Fred, can you hear me?”

Fred breathed heavily. “Yeah. Are you excited?”

Elise smiled faintly. “You have no idea.”

“I can’t wait to marry you.” Fred confessed.

“Even though I’m not pregnant?” Elise asked again.

“I’d marry you any day.” Fred said.

Elise smiled. “That’s all I want to hear.”

Fred hesitated. “Angelina said you’re afraid of losing me. You won’t, Elise. If anything, I’ll be the most annoying prick in the world. But I love you and I won’t ever leave you again.”

Elise breathed slowly. “We’ll never be without each other again.”

Fred nodded. “Never again.”
♠ ♠ ♠
my ipod had a midlife crisis and decided to delete EVERYTHING. so i'll be up all night to try and restore it. ugh.

and that premiere today? SOBBING. SOBBING SO HARD.
read my one shot dedicated to it.